SAU Community

Drag Tag, Thumbs Down To Vic Cops

GTAAAH

I was actually talking about GTS-t's/GT-T's but even still, what are you going to do to go past 175awkw....

Stock box, cooler, Turbo's and ECU are good up to around the 300 mark.

Exhaust is very hard to get one under EPA limit, but just tunning and tweaking ATM making sure it is running nice. But my car isn't setup for drags. It is setup for tarmac/track for cornering :spank:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exhaust is very hard to get one under EPA limit, but just tunning and tweaking ATM making sure it is running nice. But my car isn't setup for drags. It is setup for tarmac/track for cornering :P

Doesnt matter. You won’t make 300kws at the wheels with std turbos or ECU, probably even need injectors. The best you will get is about 260kws. Anyway, See you at the track. Be good to have a 260kw GTR at the track again for us RWD folk to chase :P

Exhaust is very hard to get one under EPA limit, but just tunning and tweaking ATM making sure it is running nice. But my car isn't setup for drags. It is setup for tarmac/track for cornering ;)

you're dreaming if you think you can reliably boost a stock gtst turbo to 300rwkw :P

as for exhausts, i know of 2 very quick 500hp GTRs with ultra quiet custom exhausts. RPM for the win. :P

nark, I don't believe I misinterpretted it, he said they were asked to leave quitely, and the ones who didn't were mostly the ones getting pulled over.

Being asked to leave quietly is way above and beyond any duty of care that the owners of the business have, they didn't have to say anything at all.

What's the condition of the road?

Are there lots of nice black tyre marks all over the road?

The announcer SUGGESTED that people leave quietly and people DID leave quietly, they did this because they feared loss of business if the police started defecting left right and centre, not as a favour. There are no marks on the road in front of drag tag, even though it's an industrial area. The people leaving weren't and haven't been doing burnouts.

Just to clarify.

I have been to dragtag on several occasions. The announcers make a point of saying not to rip it up as you leave as it is public road and not the controlled conditions of a concrete walled burnout pad with a safety fence around it.

The dragtag guys are very road safety orientated and want people to get home safely.

99.9% of people do leave quietly, no burnouts, loud music or revving for the sake of it.

I dont say 100% because i dont think that is achievable.

i went to noble park maccas last week in my gtr, to get a late nite cheese burger ;) , an i got defected(tyers an ride hight which was 2mm too low). An was told by the officer not to come back......EVER! man i can even go to my local fast food joint

so i got a defect sticker an a $168 fine

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME VICTORIA POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went to noble park maccas last week in my gtr, to get a late nite cheese burger :( , an i got defected(tyers an ride hight which was 2mm too low). An was told by the officer not to come back......EVER! man i can even go to my local fast food joint

so i got a defect sticker an a $168 fine

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME VICTORIA POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats pretty harsh...and if thats not labelling you based on the car you were driving I dont know what is. Fair enough if you got a defect if there was a problem, but how can they tell you to never come back to a public place when all you did was get some food??? Not like you were causing havoc

thats pretty harsh...and if thats not labelling you based on the car you were driving I dont know what is. Fair enough if you got a defect if there was a problem, but how can they tell you to never come back to a public place when all you did was get some food??? Not like you were causing havoc

Good point, but to be honest, I´d take the cops advice.

Suppose some shit starts up again, you could get caught up in it, or even get your car stolen if someone needs to get away in a hurry.

Maccas is sh!t anyway. Find another fast food joint. This one is just not worth the hassle.

Yes, it sucks that you´re getting picked on for driving an import in to macdonalds, but it is a macdonalds that has a reputation for all sorts of stupidity for people in fast cars (though the amount of those people who drive imports can be debated). The cops have to be seen to be doing something, so they pick on people at the noble park maccas (Site of the now "infamous Noble Park Riots" -Thanks ACA)

It´s not right that you should have to change the location of your favourite grease fix, but, well, life is like that. You can get Macdonalds most anywhere, but if it is going to cost you $168 a pop, I´d be switching to something else. It could also mean that the next time something starts, your car could get mashed by troublemakers, or mashed by police.

Yes, you could fight it. Scream injustice. Picket and Petition, but really, is it worth it?

Maybe call the Macdonalds Australia line and tell them exactly what happened. Maybe they´ll have a case fro loss of business due to police harrassment, but I doubt the vic cops will worry too much.

It´s not right that you should have to change the location of your favourite grease fix, but, well, life is like that. You can get Macdonalds most anywhere, but if it is going to cost you $168 a pop, I´d be switching to something else. It could also mean that the next time something starts, your car could get mashed by troublemakers, or mashed by police.

Just a question on this...what is the fine for? (in this case $168). In WA if we get pulled over and the gar looked over and yellow stickered (defected) then we have to fix whatever the defect was for, take it over the pits and get the yellow sticker removed. Apart from paying to go over the pits, we dont have to pay anything. There is no fine associated with it.

I hear Noble Park KFC is good!!!!!!!! :)

:rofl: