SAU Community

Drag Tag, Thumbs Down To Vic Cops

GTAAAH

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Passes Jacob a Tissue its ok pumpkin :sorcerer:

Thanks mate I feel so much better, spoon?

Speed cameras just allow people at the funeral to see how cool the smash is, it's not going to stop someone from running a red if they don't hold the right attitude, the constant flash of speed camera lights and massive amounts of revenue generated are proof of that.

Red light cameras are VERY different to speed cameras.

Now this is just a guess...........

But I think they may have a problem with all of the above just like society in general has a problem with all of the above.... Thats why it's generalized as " anti social behavour"

um yeah that's my point.... why only try and police the modifications? because its easier and cheaper to go to a meet or somewhere they all are at the same time, sitting stationary, and walk around handing out defects... instead of actually doing any REAL police work (plus let's face it police are far from brain surgeons and it may just be too much like hard work to actually try and catch people in the act)

its laziness and knee jerk reactionism... pretty much the standard in Australian politics these days

I have never been defected so how can I be whinging? just trying to support those young guys trying to do the right thing (maybe a minority in the car scene but should be supported)

after all once you hit your mid to late twenties police seem to ignore you a whole lot more... :)

Firstly you said I was a hoon - wrong.

Second Europe is also not the US (you work that out all by yourself?) yet they made the same discoveries so your point is moot.

Third, a once over by a police officer is very different to an actual inspection by a mechanic.

But I thought sticking more speed cameras on the road was going to magically save everyone? The solutions are already out there they just don't raise as much money for the state.

LoL you don't say... :)

I asked you a specific question... whats your answer to the problem? (now don't try get out of it by giving us a general "The solutions are already out there they just don't raise as much money for the state."

But you also said they never inspect your car once its registered, be more specific next time if your trying to "put your point across"

Personally i'd rather get done by a speed camera than get reemed by cops every second week which would cost me hundreds more than what a speeding fine would... oh i assume you've also never had a canary/epa?

Name your solutions dude... cos now YOU ARE loosing any credibility you had... and very quickly... :)

P.S. To be honest with ya... your little insults don't really mean shit cos everyones a big man on a keyboard... :)

Wow, look how many people are viewing this thread :)

I have to agree with madbung... it was stated by someone who was in attendance, that people were leaving the venues and doing burnouts in the street.

How is that "doing the right thing"?

Just out of curiousity who said that? I didn't see the post.. I knew alot of people at drag tag, i left early, they didn't everyone was farrr to shit scared of cops to do burnouts... saw so many people trying to find ways around the cops only to find no way out but straight past them

The other thing people are ignoring is the fact that a defect is a defect to cops (it's not a big deal and they couldn't care less whether it annoys you or not), and if they want to defect you theres nothing you can do about it, you'll just get done for gear knob too small, floor mats moving, seat too far back and stereo too bright...

As i said i got pulled over, turning into the street, (20 minute check) and then leaving about 2 hours later, by which time they were just sitting there parked waiting for people (5 minute check, then moved onto the next car)

I didn't get any pics (i have a real nice 3.2 megapixel camera to), it didn't occur to me, i was assuming of all the hundreds of people there that someone would be on sau, (besides that organiser who said earlier that 8 cars got defected) next week when i go i'll make sure i take some pics

LoL you don't say... :)

I asked you a specific question... whats your answer to the problem? (now don't try get out of it by giving us a general "The solutions are already out there they just don't raise as much money for the state."

But you also said they never inspect your car once its registered, be more specific next time if your trying to "put your point across"

Personally i'd rather get done by a speed camera than get reemed by cops every second week which would cost me hundreds more than what a speeding fine would... oh i assume you've also never had a canary/epa?

Name your solutions dude... cos now YOU ARE loosing any credibility you had... and very quickly... :)

P.S. To be honest with ya... your little insults don't really mean shit cos everyones a big man on a keyboard... :)

You're not going to rethink your final solution? No amendments? Not even try?

Very well.

To actually lower the road toll there are a number of measures that need to be taken. The focus has to be put back on responsible driving and driving to the conditions. Driver training is severely lacking and this is reflected in the disproportionate number of accidents involving probationary/young drivers and yet all that has been done so far is more restrictions that don't stop people dying instead of better training. Driver training and education should include a visit to an ER and rehab for crash victims. More thorough testing should be implemented to gain a license in the first place and then tests to renew your license when it expires.

Vehicles on our roads need have proper inspections at reasonable intervals to lessen the amount of actually unsafe vehicles on the roads. Especially older vehicles that have less safety measures to begin with. More safety features need to be made mandatory on every new vehicle.

All road signs, especially zoning of speed limits need to be re-evaluated and fixed e.g. the road my work is on has END 80 at one end and END 60 at the other. Road repairs need to be more regulated to ensure councils and the state are spending enough to keep the roads safe and in good repair.

There's a basic outline for you. I'd call you on stupid assumptions with or without a keyboard.

The other thing people are ignoring is the fact that a defect is a defect to cops (it's not a big deal and they couldn't care less whether it annoys you or not), and if they want to defect you theres nothing you can do about it, you'll just get done for gear knob too small, floor mats moving, seat too far back and stereo too bright...

Thats 100% correct... they don't care... but they seem to target the imports more than every day cars...

I'm sure unless your car is brand new straight from the factory there would be something wrong with it that they could pick on... handbrake not tight enough... windscreen washer nozel not 100% on target... bloody anything... but they just loveee import cars....

It just appears that they hunt down imports because you're on an import forum, therefore you're only going to hear stories of imports being pulled over. Jump on a few of the commo forums and you'll see its the same on the other side of the fence, they'll goto town on any vehicle that looks modified, simple as that. Cops don't just pick on one particular type of car and it's naive to think that we are the only ones that get hard done by them

LoL all this cos i think its better to have more speed cameras than road blocks...

Either way you know what their situation is.. its money making and its as simple as that... the whole point here was that its the defect stations at legal events that they set up which we seem to think sux...

Dude call what you want cos at the end of the day what you say dont really mean much to me... But the way you put it was "oh we love speeding" "we dont want more speed cameras"... judging my credibility like you own sau.. get over it man :)

It just appears that they hunt down imports because you're on an import forum, therefore you're only going to hear stories of imports being pulled over. Jump on a few of the commo forums and you'll see its the same on the other side of the fence, they'll goto town on any vehicle that looks modified, simple as that. Cops don't just pick on one particular type of car and it's naive to think that we are the only ones that get hard done by them

Yea i understand what your saying.. if they wana defect you they will and thats the end of it..

My point wasn't that they were specifically targeting imports, there wouldnt be much of a point to make as 80% of the cars there were fords and holdens, my point is that they are targeting the whole scene, and just don't know when to stop...

My point wasn't that they were specifically targeting imports, there wouldnt be much of a point to make as 80% of the cars there were fords and holdens, my point is that they are targeting the whole scene, and just don't know when to stop...

I completely understand what your saying... i'm just saying from personal experience that they love the import cars aswell... when they pulled me over i wasn't doing anything wrong.. i was stationary at the traffic lights... tmu are going through everyone now.. i asked them what made them look at me cos i've driven past a 1000 police cars and not one glance... they specifically said, we seen your intercooler and that leads to a number of other things... i'm not complaining about it seeing its an automatic defect to have pod and cooler which i'm fine with cos its appart of the game... you play with cars you play with the law so to speak..

The thing that pisses me off is that they wait for these legal events to come up, then set up a defect block and nail everyone.. exactly what this topic is reffering to