SAU Community

Thermo Fan

cruzin33

Im half way into fitting my trust frount bar iv got a 120mm thick fmic. Now the drama is i have to shave some plastic of my thermo fan so i can push my cooler back more. So im thinking of upgrading the thermo, saves me shaving it, just wondering if its worth it and what is good to use.The car is in the process of getting to make 250-300 kw

Cheers

Dave

I used a cheapo Ebay special ~$75ish a year or two ago. :)

The origional is 12" I squeezed a 14" in there that flows what feels like more than double.

If you do grab a thermo grab one with an S shaped fan blade. They flow considerably more and are much quieter.

im using twin 10 inch daves carigs ( with the curved blades for flow and quietness) and they work really well in my lil crampt engine bay... jus ask any one who has looked under the hood

there talking about air con thermo fan. not radiator thermo fan

i dont think Marvin has to worry aboout aircon thermo's

no worries cruzin33 we are all here to help :D

sweet Joel - glad to hear you are happy with it. I hoped I could get some feedback before I bought them :laugh:

With 2 x 14" (which will hang an inch over each side of the radiator) I will have 5,300cfm - which is a MASSIVE amount of air! And I will need it since I have a FMIC, putting on an oil cooler and upgraded trans cooler, plus standard a/c radiator, plus the new radiator.

After your comment about the a/c pipes I went and checked my engine bay and you are right Joel - I will only just be able to get a 16" fan in there .... bugger .... oh well that will have to do. With the Pivot controller I will be able to control when and how hard it comes on, so will have to ramp it up on hot days accordingly. I am also going to rig it up so the thermo fan keeps running even after the engine is turned off, when the water is over a certain temperature. Since I am in and out of the car all day, and spend long times stationary idling with the a/c on, I need to do this to sort out my temp issues once and for all. On 40 degree days I have seen my water temp reach 115 degrees - yikes!!

no idea and no idea. I am pretty handy mechanically so I am sure will be easy for me to install - but I can;t judge your competence :D

I am buying mine from a private someone who is looking to sell one.

I would try online retailers who sponsor SAU and nissansilvia.com if I was you.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the fan the other day took one week for it to turn up and it was worth it. It was packed nice and no probs with the dealer it also aloud me to push my fmic back 25mm. Now just have to find a temperature controlled thermo unit and find a new upgrade radiator, and im set :ermm: