SAU Community

V35 350gt Coupe Compliance

i am searching for a V35 right now too

i am a bit more patient then you are i think lol i have been waiting 3months so far for a decent one to pop up, and nothing yet

Black, 6spd man, premium pack and brembos. been looking for ages.

if i cant find a black one, white will do.

-mark

Hey Mark,

Hope it goes well and you find one soon.

You're right though, I'm very impatient :-)

actually picked this one up a few days ago.

post-194-1175220442.jpg

In the right light, it looks more like this.

post-194-1175220625.jpg

In the end, I couldn't justify the extra $$'s for black.

Hey Mark,

post-194-1175220442.jpg

post-194-1175220625.jpg

is it really that much extra $$ for a black one?

how much did you pick your one up for if you dont mind me asking? pm me if you must.

also did you end up getting premium pack, with the 6spd manual and brembos?

-mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Nismo,

Nice car dude!! My V35 has just landed in Australia and I'm just looking for a place to do my compliance now. I was just curious - how did you got with it all? Did you end up going to SSPI? Did they do a good job?

And how did you go with the Xeons, were you able to keep them in the end?

Hows the car going anyway? Man they're a nice looking machine, cant wait to get mine on the road.

Thanks mate, take it easy.

Scott

Hey Mark,

post-194-1175220442.jpg

post-194-1175220625.jpg

Hey Nismo,

Nice car dude!! My V35 has just landed in Australia and I'm just looking for a place to do my compliance now. I was just curious - how did you got with it all? Did you end up going to SSPI? Did they do a good job?

And how did you go with the Xeons, were you able to keep them in the end?

Hows the car going anyway? Man they're a nice looking machine, cant wait to get mine on the road.

Thanks mate, take it easy.

Scott

Hey Scott,

Can you import the car without linning up complaince first? I think the complaince place needs to submit an import approval for you and this should've been done while the car is in Japan. Please speak to a compliance place ASAP.

As for me, I just got off the phone with SSPI, the car is going there today.

The car got here week before last, but I had a few issues with customs clearance.

From what I gathered J-spec send your details to a customs brokerage who submit paperwork for the car to clear. In my case I had already organised my own broker, as I was not told that J-spec do this. Long story short 2 lots of paperwork were submitted which delayed the car by about 3-4 days. I had it transported to my place first so i can do the tyres and Xenons, and SSPI were quite busy last week when it landed so all is working out ok.

My delaings with SSPI so far have been great. Both Bettina and Chris have been putting up with endless questions from me. can't really comment on the work as it hasn't been done yet, but if it's anything like the service, i know I'll have no problems.

I'll PM you re the lights.

Cheers

Bobby

Hi Nismo,

I've got two V35 coupe doing the compliance right now. The shop do them one by one, meaning that the shop only do the complaince on one vehicle at the time. The shop is cheap ($2520 excluding immobiliser), and let me keep my HID head lights (but they force me to install another immobiliser for $70 extra).

Just two questions I hope you can answer or share with me..

1. how much does your workshop charge you for the compliance?

2. how long do they expect to finish the compliance work and get the complaince plate for you?

As I m not really familiar with how to check for the reply here, would you please also send a copy of reply to my personal email address: [email protected]

Cheers,

Hey Frankie,

That's a very good price for compliance, especially if you know the workshop and they have a great rep.

I'm paying $3500, and am happy to do so, because of the reputation of SSPI, who are doing my complaince. I had quotes fro less than this, and i had a few for closer to $4000, but in the end it was more who was doing the work not the price.

My understanding is that the compliance work itself takes a few days worth of work ( well in my case it has). The workshop is now waiting for the plate to come in which they said can be up to a week if not more. It used to be quite quick apparantly but not any more. Well, that's what I'm being told.

Be careful with the Xenon's. They are illegal and not allowed to be on the car. The workshop is taking a risk letting you keep them.

Cheers

Bobby

Hey Frankie,

That's a very good price for compliance, especially if you know the workshop and they have a great rep.

I'm paying $3500, and am happy to do so, because of the reputation of SSPI, who are doing my complaince. I had quotes fro less than this, and i had a few for closer to $4000, but in the end it was more who was doing the work not the price.

My understanding is that the compliance work itself takes a few days worth of work ( well in my case it has). The workshop is now waiting for the plate to come in which they said can be up to a week if not more. It used to be quite quick apparantly but not any more. Well, that's what I'm being told.

Be careful with the Xenon's. They are illegal and not allowed to be on the car. The workshop is taking a risk letting you keep them.

Cheers

Bobby

I my case back to last year, I paid $3500 to compliance, J-SPec handle all things for me and very fast, only delay due to shipment. The compliance workshop finishied the job and get the plat in 10 days total. they put a normal light and put HID in a bag pass to me, When the car on road i can install it by myself, I like that way. Good choise.

Hey guys,

Just a friendly reminder that you never know just who may be reading your posts. I'm sure that if you were to use PM's or email then the compliance guys mightn't cringe so much every time their names are mentioned.

cheers

Muz

love that post dude..

i guess sometimes people get so excited...thse days everything is watched.

even if its other businesses watching.

anyways stubmled on this.

sure its no innovation.. but really.. if you wanted a sedan and the rear lights bothered you so much (as they do me)

you could colour match stuff.

post-1388-1181701109_thumb.jpg

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the reply mate, I've sorted my Xeon's etc now - the car has been complianced and is now just waiting for the bloody Compliance Plates to arrive.

Have you got yours yet? Evidently there's some big delay, my plates are a good week overdue now.

Bloody government workers!!!

Take it easy,

Scott.

Hey Scott,

Can you import the car without linning up complaince first? I think the complaince place needs to submit an import approval for you and this should've been done while the car is in Japan. Please speak to a compliance place ASAP.

As for me, I just got off the phone with SSPI, the car is going there today.

The car got here week before last, but I had a few issues with customs clearance.

From what I gathered J-spec send your details to a customs brokerage who submit paperwork for the car to clear. In my case I had already organised my own broker, as I was not told that J-spec do this. Long story short 2 lots of paperwork were submitted which delayed the car by about 3-4 days. I had it transported to my place first so i can do the tyres and Xenons, and SSPI were quite busy last week when it landed so all is working out ok.

My delaings with SSPI so far have been great. Both Bettina and Chris have been putting up with endless questions from me. can't really comment on the work as it hasn't been done yet, but if it's anything like the service, i know I'll have no problems.

I'll PM you re the lights.

Cheers

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the reply mate, I've sorted my Xeon's etc now - the car has been complianced and is now just waiting for the bloody Compliance Plates to arrive.

Have you got yours yet? Evidently there's some big delay, my plates are a good week overdue now.

Bloody government workers!!!

Take it easy,

Scott.

Hey Scott,

I had a nice big delay as well.

All up my plates took around 12/14 days I think. The workshop I was dealing with was filthy about it. They had dealers waiting on cars to be picked up to be put on the yeards and they couldn't do anything about it.

Once the plate came in, I was "randomly" chosen for an ID inspection, so that took another 5 days. Then when I went to register it, the RTA had a systems prob so I lost a full day there, and finally after all that it's on road ;)

It seems like every possible delay - I got hit with. But once it's on road, I have to say they are a very very nice car to drive.

Power wise, I think it would eat my old R33 (not that it was anything special).

I've booked in for the Wakefield track day in July, so can't wait for that.

See you around

Bobby