SAU Community

Airbag Light

TimChtrEvo

Does anyone know how to remedy a flashing Airbag light?

My car got 'light' over the crest of a bridge. Coming down the otherside when my car settled itself the airbag light started flashing and has been ever since!

Does anyone know how to remedy a flashing Airbag light?

My car got 'light' over the crest of a bridge. Coming down the otherside when my car settled itself the airbag light started flashing and has been ever since!

If i could remember correctly, try this.

have the ignition on, have the door open and press the door light switch 7 times witin 5 seconds, then switch it off......start your car and see if it goes away.

have the ignition on, have the door open and press the door light switch 7 times witin 5 seconds, then switch it off......start your car and see if it goes away.

haha you said to do that when i had the same problem :rofl: it works! :D

haha.

Seriously anyone had this problem before? If you have how did you fix it?

haha.

Seriously anyone had this problem before? If you have how did you fix it?

he's being serious...as you can see he's already helped 1 member with this problem using the method above..... :rofl:

Yeah - it's right Tim.

The R33 has a thing where you have to press the door switch and touch the brake 7 times to reset the ECU - something like that anyway, I can't quite remember.

Those wacky guys at Nissan must have been serious Tekken fans :)

Would something as simple as disconnecting the battery solve my dilemma?

If I did disconnect my battery am I likely to loose all the settings in my AVC-R and SAFC-II ?

Hey tim,

Have you tried rays suggestion???

Hes not jk like you may think.. alot of the ecu triggest are connected through door lights etc..

Give it a shot and if it doesn't work post up and someone may have another solution for you :nyaanyaa:

Would something as simple as disconnecting the battery solve my dilemma?

If I did disconnect my battery am I likely to loose all the settings in my AVC-R and SAFC-II ?

No it won't work by disconnecting the battery and no you won't lose your settings

Have tried what I told you......this is how you reset your airbag.

Hey tim,

Have you tried rays suggestion???

Hes not jk like you may think.. alot of the ecu triggest are connected through door lights etc..

Give it a shot and if it doesn't work post up and someone may have another solution for you :nyaanyaa:

ok yeah I gave it a go and it didn't work!

have you posted this on NS.com?

if u havnt, u might get a better response from them.

Haven't heard of NS.com, I tried looking it up just then and got a web hosting site. NS is that Nissan Silvia or something like that?