SAU Community

Supertaxis 2007

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder which Ford teams will be first to get budget cuts....

Yeh well they already had to stuff up the Areo package because Holden couldn't design one better than the last one! did anyone else hear them say they have to lift off around the "crazy" turn 8 because the Aero package was shit!

Yeh well they already had to stuff up the Areo package because Holden couldn't design one better than the last one! did anyone else hear them say they have to lift off around the "crazy" turn 8 because the Aero package was shit!

I really dont think as a Ford fan that you should start bashing Holdens areo package... it was only a couple years ago that the same Ford fans were complaining about Holdens much greater and 'unfair' front end aero advantage.

From what I understand Holden are the ones compromising their aero packages on the "VE" due to parity rulings. I say "VE' because it's not really a VE... just a VZ in a new suit :unsure:

And im surprised nobody has mentioned the glaringly obvious similarities, or should i say 'rip off' of a certain V8 supercar constructor on the weekend...

v8ripoffyr4.jpg

41118_2.jpg

Convienently, the commentators failed to mention where the new paint scheme was stolen from... if it had been the other way around, i can assure you we would have heard about it every 15 or so minutes

everybody want to be like mike Mac

From what I understand Holden are the ones compromising their aero packages on the "VE" due to parity rulings. I say "VE' because it's not really a VE... just a VZ in a new suit :unsure:

yeah, I've also heard it being said that they HAD to compromise their aero as the new car was too good and had to be pulled back to meet the parity rules. i think the new car certainly looks good. :)

The bitter truth about aero parity is as follows.

The manufacturers do not by themselves decide how much down force they can run. The governing body does. So on that basis Holden presumably would have installed more downforce into the E series than it presently has. Presumably Ford would have done the same.

There is no point lashing out at either manufacturer on the basis of a parity decision made by the governing body. They test the cars to make sure they are the same & if not, they make adjustments.

As I said both Holden & Ford could have installed much more downforce onto the cars. If one make ends up with more than the other it is not due to the designers of the car it is due to a failure in the parity system.

Edited by djr81

i doubt chrome is the standard Vodafone colour scheme

Maybe it is going to be for their racing outfits... In all likelyhood it's probably due to Vodafone and Mclaren/Mercedes going with the red and silver because red is for Vodafone, silver is for Mercedes. Vodafone may have wanted to create a likeness with their other sponsored cars to create some brand recognition between the different formulas. They would have more control over the colour schemes for the V8's than they would for the F1's I imagine.

I fail to see the problem...

The problem is the Austalian media glossing over a blatent rip off... not even making the slightest reference to Triple 888's lack of imaginiation what so ever.

The hypocricy in their telecasts is what gets my goat.

Um, I must be missing the point here.

Surely Vodafone would want viewers to recognise the similarities & linkage between the 888 cars & the McLaren cars. Hence you would expect the liveries to be redolent of each other. 888 would naturally consult Vodafone as the paint scheme was coming together.

I can't understand either why people would think it should be different or get all bitter and twisted about who did what first. :happy:

For my 10 cents I don't think the silver finish looks good on either the McLarens or the 888 cars.

redolent? i need to pick up a dictionary more often

Seriously i dont want to go through this. Its monday, and this is a rediculous discussion. Surely Vodafone didnt need the chrome paint on all its sponsored teams. They lived without chrome for so long, i thought it was odd they now cant live without it. The fact that nobody made mention to it any further added to my curiosity.

Whilst on colour schemes i'm not a huge fan of HRT's new red, it's more of a glossy bright orange than a red. Well that's how it appeared to look on tv anyhow.

HRT should be red red, like Ferrari.

redolent? i need to pick up a dictionary more often

Seriously i dont want to go through this. Its monday, and this is a rediculous discussion. Surely Vodafone didnt need the chrome paint on all its sponsored teams. They lived without chrome for so long, i thought it was odd they now cant live without it. The fact that nobody made mention to it any further added to my curiosity.

You might want to pick up a calendar also.......... It's actually Tuesday my friend!

With the amount of cash Vodofone have spent, the outside of the car id basically owned by them, for the exception of the number and the other smaller sponsors! IMO the colours look killa, espesially up against Max Wilsons crazy looking WOW car :happy: !

Whilst on colour schemes i'm not a huge fan of HRT's new red, it's more of a glossy bright orange than a red. Well that's how it appeared to look on tv anyhow.

Ever since about 2000-2001 i have to say in person the Ferrari's have acctually look pink-ish... on TV they come out a very different colour. Not so much Scarlet anymore

You might want to pick up a calendar also.......... It's actually Tuesday my friend!

i didnt go to work yesterday... today is my monday sux2bme :happy:

HRT's new red is supposed to be redolent (That word again) of the 84 Group C Commodes.

As for it being red like Ferrari, well there is a story. Ferraris are supposed to be scarlet not the crap Marlboro red they currently are. Go back in the books & look at them from the mid eighties. They were a much darker colour then. There are only the colour they are now so you can think of smoking some coffin nails each time you see Kimi cutting some laps.

As for the chrome/silver finish I reckon it looks rubbish. It merely shows up reflections of whatever the car happens to be near at the time. It would be better to be painted silver. Looking at the last years 888 cars & this years it would seem Vodafone paid alot of money to clear the things of the minor sponsors....

For my 10 cents I think the djr cars look really good. Not as nice as the Jim Beam girlies, but solid all the same.