SAU Community

Supertaxis 2007

For my 10 cents I think the djr cars look really good. Not as nice as the Jim Beam girlies, but solid all the same.

Yup they look great, hopefully last weekends results weren't a one off because i'd love to see DJR stick around for a while yet as 1 of the original Ford teams.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if it was something to do with it, who cares, If the Holden wankers like Tander could do stupid shit a PI end of last year then why can they do it!, I was hoping Rick would catch up to Todd and then take each other out!

And yes i can't believe Ricks balls still havn't dropped, THIS IS A JOKE :happy:

You make the silly mistake of assuming im a Holden fan...i was only pointing out an incident which looked a little sus.

Nothing more.

I drove an R/T charger when i was a teenager and drive a GTR now...i have a little more refinement in my vehicle taste to bother with tarted up hire cars.

HRT's new red is supposed to be redolent (That word again) of the 84 Group C Commodes.

Brock openly admitted the "dayglo" livery used on the Marlbro group C cars at Bathurst was the finest looking race car he's ever seen/driven.

id say the did the livery for Pete.

Yup they look great, hopefully last weekends results weren't a one off because i'd love to see DJR stick around for a while yet as 1 of the original Ford teams.

Well, here is hoping. Junior, aka Mr Potato Head, has been on a diet & judging from the weekends efforts he is now dragging his slightly less lard arse around in good time.

Davidson had a crook back so couldn't show much. But the boy has talent to throw away.

With 888 chassis', good hp & some money to spend things are looking up for the mob formerly of Daisey Hill.

You make the silly mistake of assuming im a Holden fan...i was only pointing out an incident which looked a little sus.

I'm having trouble finding in my post where i said or assumed you were a holden fan........ and was only pointing out what i thought of the situation as did you!

The problem is the Austalian media glossing over a blatent rip off... not even making the slightest reference to Triple 888's lack of imaginiation what so ever.

The hypocricy in their telecasts is what gets my goat.

My mate works for Sky News and is the guy behid the new Vodafone initiative of messages, vids and photos to your mobile phon eon race weekend.

The new paint scheme is 100% Vodafone. Anyoen that knows motorsport would draw the connection. Im rather thankful they didnt beat me around the head with silly, useless trivia which anyone with their reyes open woudl recognise

I totally appreciate the branding direction on 888 but have to say I made the mistake a few times of thinking it was a Holden coming into view :(

Also have to say I was disapointed with Davisons' interview post his retirement from race one. Maybe I'm harsh but it left me wondering if he would have pulled out of the race- sore back or not- if he was on the lead lap after the puncture? The new points system certainly doesn't encourage getting back out to try and finish after misfortune- particularly if you have your testing sorted and don't need the track time.

Well, here is hoping. Junior, aka Mr Potato Head, has been on a diet & judging from the weekends efforts he is now dragging his slightly less lard arse around in good time.

Davidson had a crook back so couldn't show much. But the boy has talent to throw away.

With 888 chassis', good hp & some money to spend things are looking up for the mob formerly of Daisey Hill.

and DJR are sharing data with PCR as they are running identical packages

Um, no they are not.

PCR use 888 chassis' (like djr as of this year) but Stone Brothers engines. DJR engines are done in house.

In any case they do not share data.

mate i was in the PCR garage most of the weekend and saw the DJR guys going through the 111 car data.

unless the PCR staff are wearing Jim Beam shirts

• 3 weeks later...

flame away, but I was pleased to see skaife going well for once. and glad to see tander get a clean sweep. the last 10 laps of race three were a near thing with skaife absolutely amazing under brakes into turn 6 (i think it's 6, the one at the end of the back straight).

Turn 7.

Having just got back from the days outing I can confirm it was one of the most boring touring car races I have ever attended. There was practically no overtaking & very little racing to speak of. Theorganisation was up to the usual WASCC standard, ie excellent & Gary West lapping the circuit in record time was something to see. Just a pity we couldn't see the speed he was carrying throught turn 4 from where we were.

I think the coverage was boring, mainly because they focused on the Toll/HSV cars way out infront. Would have been good to see more of Todd Kelly coming through the pack or Brad Jones falling off the track on every 2nd corner like he tends to do.

I also think the track is very poor, it's surrounded by dirt or sand, has no pit garages, is atleast 30sec too short and the entry/exit roads are short and in the complete wrong sections of the track. The track needs some serious money pumped into it

I think the coverage was boring, mainly because they focused on the Toll/HSV cars way out infront. Would have been good to see more of Todd Kelly coming through the pack or Brad Jones falling off the track on every 2nd corner like he tends to do.

The coverage would have been boring because the racing was boring. You often get that in tightly controlled parity based racing. On the other hand the historics provided some excellent, tight racing & even the saloon car support had their moments. The FFords was well worth watching. Don't know what channel 7 telecast of the support races, however.

I also think the track is very poor, it's surrounded by dirt or sand, has no pit garages, is atleast 30sec too short and the entry/exit roads are short and in the complete wrong sections of the track. The track needs some serious money pumped into it

Do you say that just to get people fired up? If so it worked. :happy:

"The track is very poor."

The WASCC has spent a great deal (into the millions) of money resurfacing the track, improving the garages, improving the safety, improving such arcane things as the power supply & access to the circuit. Stuff that people don't see on the tellie & don't care about. It just so happens to make the circuit useable when 50,000 people turn up. The comparison between the current facilities & those available even just ten years ago is night & day.

"It is surrounded by dirt & sand."

Mate the whole of the area that Perth & all the other towns/cities in the coast of SW WA is comprised, unsuprisingly of, wait for it, SAND. Given the massive dry spell we have had in the last, oh 5 years, the wonder is that there is any grass at all let alone the brown crunchy stuff much in evidence. They didn't cart the sand in, the whole of the bloody region is made up of sand.

"is atleast 30sec too short"

Like the majority of circuits in Australia (Atleast those that have been around for more than 5 minutes) the cricuit is a mile & a half in length. Which was a stipulated minimum when it was constructed.

"has no pit garages"

The team garages are behind the pits. It means the punter who attends (As opposed to watching on tellie) can wander past the garages & see the cars being prepped for the following races. Unlike other circuits where you can't get within 100 metres of them because they are always in the pit garages...

"the entry/exit roads are short and in the complete wrong sections of the track"

What does that mean? There are road through the infield of the circuit & none on the outer. If you mean the pit entry/exit there is no other place for them. Are you suggesting they go over the blind crest in the main straight. That should provide some interesting viewing...

"The track needs some serious money pumped into it"

It has had some serious money pumped into it. The WASCC do stirling work year in, year out.

It must be easy to criticise based on a hour or two of watching the tellie. The truth is that Wanneroo has provided some truly excellent touring car racing year in, year out. Given that it is the only track we have in WA that is sanctioned for car racing (& the only permanent hill climb circuit) it is bloody churlish to sit & criticise it because Grant Denyer (or whomever) reckons it is too sandy. I for one am grateful it is there as without it, well it doesn't bear thinking about...

Edited by djr81

haha, that's the first time i've laughed at something you said ivan. :( well done.

and lol. I thought the track was kind of cool. and saw more passing than at most tracks. it's pretty short, but no shorter than wakefield. benm is spoilt though having been raised on eastern creek and oran park GP. i remember tracks like amaroo that were short, but still massive fun.

Yeah, sorry. I got sunburnt which always makes me a bit, um postal.

The point is though, the few facilities we do have over here are due to the hard work & dedication of alot of good people. It is all very well to criticise the place on the grounds of it not being, I dunno, Spa Francochamps or something but it is all we have. People in Sydney whinge & bitch about not having enough circuits close by. For me Wanneroo is three hours drive from home. The next nearest circuit is in Adelaide. So best not to start me on people who can't be bothered driving half an hour or whatever...

Yeah, sorry. I got sunburnt which always makes me a bit, um postal.

The point is though, the few facilities we do have over here are due to the hard work & dedication of alot of good people. It is all very well to criticise the place on the grounds of it not being, I dunno, Spa Francochamps or something but it is all we have. People in Sydney whinge & bitch about not having enough circuits close by. For me Wanneroo is three hours drive from home. The next nearest circuit is in Adelaide. So best not to start me on people who can't be bothered driving half an hour or whatever...

lol, yeah that's me. I want my circtuits, close, cheap and long. :(

i don't mind travelling an hour each way, but more than that starts to get on my tits. and yes i know i'm a lazy f**k.