Supertaxis 2007

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a shame. However it increases my huge respect for the man, takes a very big man to step aside and say enough is enough. Look forward to seeing him back at the enduros though!

brads a top guy, had a fair bit to do with him through working with Bowey. I think it was the right thing to do

there are a few rumors around the paddock he may find himself a seat in the seven commentary box

He would do more for the sport behind a mic than he ever could do behind the wheel, personally I think he should have retired 5yrs ago.

Well I was always a supporter ever since he had the um, intestinal fortitude to run a Mitsubishi Starion at Bathurst. Particularly so when in '94 he put in a brilliant double stint to drag the number 15 HRT Commode back into contention after some noob called Lowndes had bunkered it and put it in grave danger of going a lap down. Lowndes got all the cudos & the factory drive, but Jones was ever bit the star on the day. Also don't forget the beautiful Audi A4's they ran in Super Touring.

BJR has always been somewhat of a busted arse outfit. The budgets are nowhere near what the likes of 888 & HRT run. Take for example the recent sh!tfight of the Alcon control spec disc rotors. On the one hand you have Kees Weel banging on about how there can't be a problem because all the teams change the rotors between each heat & on the other the Jones brothers saying that they always used to run only two sets for the whole weekend.... Hell I would buy some merchandise to help out, but they haven't organised any for 2007!

Can't actually comment on BJ as a driver- the constant whining and whinging of big Kimmy was enough to put me off that team forever.

Can't actually comment on BJ as a driver- the constant whining and whinging of big Kimmy was enough to put me off that team forever.

Actually, I always thought Kim Jones' periodic brain explosions were good for a laugh. Better yet was one of Gary Rodgers replies - "They cam down here like a bunch of sulking schoolboys." Gold & far better than the usual PR inspired/officialdom friendly content free blather you get nowadays.

If it wasn't for BJ constantly rolling his car and KJ having regular brain farts nobody would even know who BJR are.

looks like skaife could have used his GTR out there today

finally some close interesting racing.

even though Courtney was penalized 27 seconds and dropped back to 17th after his great drive on slicks

The bit I still fail to understand is how (P)Rick Kelly got away with missing four corners of the circuit without penalty. I understand the reasons behind the stewards allowing it to happen (safety reasons basically) but I fail to understand why anyone should get away with such an error without any penalty. Murphy was going off his brain on the radio.

Secondly, was it just me who missed seeing a yellow flag before the last corner in race 2?

yeah, the old half track shortcut seemed to work well for kelly. murphy was pissed for good reason, i mean usually when you are up someones clacker, and they fall off the track, you gain a place, instead all of a sudden kelly pops up FURTHER ahead of murphy than he was before. not cool.

skaife had a nasty weekend. I feel sorry for the bloke.

as for BJ retiring. meh... my friend has a race suit of Brad's. It was made for brad in ozemail colours when he was driving the ozemail falcon, but he didn't fit it properly or something, so my mate bought it cheap, brand new. good thing it fitted him!

he didn't gain position BUT he did gain advantage and that should be not on. (ie had he rejoined the track without skipping half a lap he would have been passed by at least 1 car, probably more like 4 cars).

thats why they're called racing incedents

sometimes you cant help what's just happened and it seems grossly unfair to punish somebody for something that was done with no ill intent... that we know of. If he had done it on purpose, fine different story then

i don't agree with that. he made a mistake. usually a mistake comes with a time penalty, or a loss of track position. by cleverly shortcutting half the circuit he copped neither slow lap time, or a loss of position, when in fact he should have incurred both. with that in mind he should have been:

a: ordered to let murphy pass him

or

b: get drive through penalty

Just as an aside if anyone wants a free weekly motorsport newspaper/magazine try www.mnews.com.au

It is the old motorsport news fortnightly magazine/paper published elctronically. Err, it's free.

As BB said, Skaife had a dog of a weekend. Not sure what has happened to him. Maybe the stress of the ownership debacle is taking more out of him than people realise.

Lastly, did I hear Gary Rodgers right when he passed comment on what he was going to do to Lee Holdsworth when he got back to the pitlane?

What odds Ingall for an SBR drive next year? Not good I suspect.