SAU Community

Supertaxis 2007

lol thats a story for another day....neil is an arsehole and I am hoping to become one next year. But in summary, much like CAMS, the ARDC seem to do their best to make club level motorsport difficult and expensive :D

Um, well, best of luck with that. :kiss:

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just on another note,,,WE have a CHEATER. Seems 888 got caught using illegal rear discs on Jamie Wincup's car and he has been excluded from race 3.

Talk about premeditated cheating,,,they would have packed them in the transporter with every intention of using them.

SUCKED in YOU CHEATS.

Neil.

No they didnt

This occured from a mix up from the drive day on the day before and they were using up old stock. Anyway going on last years data there is no advantage in using these discs over the 2007 spec.

Get your facts straight wally

once they were discoverd on the car 888 had no problems at all with any charges and fines handed out at all

Edited by gtr660hp

Did anyone notice the rubbish attendance at Eastern Creek?

Friday 4250

Saturday 9530

Sunday 15350

Total 29530

Wanneroo:

Packed to the gunnels on each day.

So which event do you think the V8 wallies want to ditch?

No bloody wonder Tony Cochrane has been given the arse....

spot on djr...bloody Sydney has had a history of very low attendance figures for awhile now. I dont care about the rain ....even last year attendance was sht...and from the highest populated city in australia its pathetic. Sydney is a V8 supercar wasteland which is why so many teams refuse to set up shop there, and the Gold coast is much nicer ha ha. i say take the round of the snobby Sydney wankers and give to someone else

And Cochrane is still there but is in the sht for mouthing off at Ch10 for some crazy notion in his head about not broadcasting the V8's at next years F1 in Melboune. I think Cocho is on the good stuff at night and losing the plot

Anyway going on last years data there is no advantage in using these discs over the 2007 spec.

Get your facts straight wally

once they were discoverd on the car 888 had no problems at all with any charges and fines handed out at all

Hi Sir Wally here thank you,,,so you have last years data and presumably Monday's. Care to share it with us all.

Can't wait to do some overlays.

Your faithfully

Sir Neil the Snobby Sydney Wanking Wally

ooer this thread is getting more like the f1 one by the day....i guess its nice that we all care.

cockrane's parochial, insular approach has done huge damage to every category in Aus that can't afford to pay for his circus. In the last 5 years, 3 other national series have gone under financially, and to make it worse he apes Bernie in trying to get temporary street circuits at the expense of permanent circuts everyone else can use on the other 363 days that the taxi circus is not in town.

oh sorry did that sound negative?

don't be sorry more people need to be saying it. whats worse is that the "real" motorsport enthusiasts are and no one is listening as long as they are making money. so much so the VESA is about to sell the Romano franchise. The series organizers have taken control of the franchise after the court battle between Team Dynamik and Romano. what i'm hearing suggests $850K for the licence which will NOT have a guaranteed grid spot at all the events. Which seems wierd as they are stuggling to keep the teams they have at the moment with TKR in HUGE financial troubles and DJR starting to slip under again slowly.

they really need to wake up and FIRE tony and get someone that isn't able to be bribed (ooops i didn't say that did i ;) ) and know what they are doing.

at the end of the year when JB retires i will stop watching the V8's even then i have only seen the Clipsal and 1 or 2 other races this year. Then again I am biased towards the GT side of motorsport :)

its pretty sad isn't it.

v8 super cars are undoubtably the top level motorsport in Aus, just like F1 is globallly. But that does not automatically mean

1/ their organisers give a shit about any other motorsport

2/ the racing is exciting

all it means is through sucessful marketing they have got the most sponsors. the amount Ch7 paid for the taxis this year was silly, the team's share ran to something like 1/2m each car! but they still need to find another 1m a year per car to be competitive.

In the end no matter how much they standardise brake rotors, 1.5m a year to run a race car is not sustainable in the Aus market, and only happens at the detriment of every other category in the sport

but they still need to find another 1m a year per car to be competitive.

its getting to a stage where 1 million is not enough. BJR run a budget for around 1million (at least they did in 05 - 06 when i involved with them through JB) Prodrive have a budget of around 1 million set a side just for preparation ect for the bathurst 1000. Due to all the rising prices they are now starting to loose support teams aswell. Look at the GTP in previous years there have been up to 25+ cars out there. Now they have had to join the kuhmo lotus series with the GTP to try and get 15 cars. The Carrera Cup series is loosing cars and teams aswell.

We also have the manufacturers starting to pull funding from the teams now as the local market has shifted into smaller cars. Ford and holden have both posted losses in the hundreds of millions this financial year, and as there is no longer a "win on sunday sell on monday" mentality as they AREN'T falcon and commodores racing. Its more important to the manufacturer put the money where it is most likely to MAKE money

well that's the real issue for cochrane isn't it. If one or both of the manufacturers dont see the business case for backing 15 cars at 1/2m each one year he would be in deep trouble. I wonder what return on capital holden or ford thing they are getting?

but so much damage has been done to national level production car racing over the last 10 years that they won't get enogh support there to run a decent series either.

It also doesn't help that most of these other categories don't race on the same days as the V8SC series meaning that most people won't go out of their way to watch them which just shoots themselves in the foot.

and that they are using a 2nd V8 category to support them. more than 50% of everyday at the clipsall there are V8's out on track. I really only watched the main series and the GT's i even found my self going as nonstop V8taxis were just so boring on the thursday and friday. Especially as the top 10 shoot out has been canceled.

well APCC don't run production car regs but I guess I see your point...they are just trying to give corollas and astras a chance to win a race instead of seeing evos and wrxs win every time.

THe reason people don't race with the taxis is the huge fees cockrane asks to run with them. And this is the bit that really bugs me, that moeny goes into his pocket not for the good of Australian motorsport as a whole. And then they get treated as second class citizens on the weekend - setup garage in the mud, race first thing and last thing in the day, and have sessions cancelled or shortened so there is time for the supercar driver's parade lap.

If tony has his way supercar meets will be supercars, konica supercars, utes and maybe saloon cars, and the new taxi class where standard taxis have to pick up and drop off a passenger in a no stopping zone each lap. commodores and falcons all weekend yay!

at the end of the year when JB retires i will stop watching the V8's even then i have only seen the Clipsal and 1 or 2 other races this year. Then again I am biased towards the GT side of motorsport :D

Well i take it you are on Ten-Tenths using a different name :) That exasct quote was posted the other day in a discussion :/

All said and done the class has done a great job, but really, its getting to that point where we have had it for 13 years, its time to move on. I woudl rather see far mroe std cars with the same big enginees on a smaller, harder tyre. Little aero so that the cars need long brakign distances, more overtaking. Less grip so dont need big dollar brakes. Less grip so more sliding and more rubbing that doesnt result in a car spinning.

The fact is unless we adopt another class of racing, what we have is what we have. I hate what the poms and Euros are doing, that leaves GT and no way. Although it would be interesting to see Holden and Ford build a GT car, ie development of Nations Cup Monaro and have privateer teams buy old Corvette, Aston, Porsche etc chassis out of Europe.

True, but its basically production car racing to me. I doubt you would see Honda Aus, Toyota Aus, Nissan Aus, Renault Aus etc throwing money at motorsport teams. That once again leaves us Holden with Opel cars and Ford with Euro cars. It holds no interest to me, with just about all the cars beign 250hp fwd cars that my road car would go close to matching.

Manufacturer support is only good if local manufacturers support it. If we adopted their rules we would simply be gettign 2nd hand chassis out of UK and that serves our excellent local engineering no good at all

Well i take it you are on Ten-Tenths using a different name smile.gif That exasct quote was posted the other day in a discussion smile.gif

maybe :(. 2-3 years ago you wouldn't have found a bigger fan of the V8's and i would have never thought i would be saying that. I have had a bit to do with the V8's through JB and the more time i spent around them and the more i got involved the less i liked them.

Ford has 2 different GT cars a Mustang FR500 and a Ford GT. The Ford GT has very little chance of ever coming over here as it cost 3 times as much as a V8 supercar. This is why you tend to find the people driving the GT's usually own the cars and are

The closest holden has is the Corvette. The rules here have changed alot since the mongrel monaro and it subsequently cannot be raced in a national GT series.

True, but its basically production car racing to me. I doubt you would see Honda Aus, Toyota Aus, Nissan Aus, Renault Aus etc throwing money at motorsport teams. That once again leaves us Holden with Opel cars and Ford with Euro cars. It holds no interest to me, with just about all the cars beign 250hp fwd cars that my road car would go close to matching.

Manufacturer support is only good if local manufacturers support it. If we adopted their rules we would simply be gettign 2nd hand chassis out of UK and that serves our excellent local engineering no good at all

we were discussing this a few years back at the Clipsall, when looking at the times the GTP cars were not that far from the V8's in speed. Considering the HP difference ect and they had some of the closest racing

maybe :(. 2-3 years ago you wouldn't have found a bigger fan of the V8's and i would have never thought i would be saying that. I have had a bit to do with the V8's through JB and the more time i spent around them and the more i got involved the less i liked them.

Ford has 2 different GT cars a Mustang FR500 and a Ford GT. The Ford GT has very little chance of ever coming over here as it cost 3 times as much as a V8 supercar. This is why you tend to find the people driving the GT's usually own the cars and are

The closest holden has is the Corvette. The rules here have changed alot since the mongrel monaro and it subsequently cannot be raced in a national GT series.

You do realise it costs around 400-500k to build a V8 supercar dont you.