SAU Community

Supertaxis 2007

Just wait for them to change the ruling after there are to many negative comments about the series and the management. Surely some of the driver feel like the general public on topics such as Tony "Aussie Bernie"Cochrane ect

Sounds like the real excitement in the NT was in the Carrera Cup race.

apparently there was a fight between a team owner and a driver. After the race the owner of Sherrin hire went down the Park Ferme to speak to a driver about an on track incident and ended throwing a punch hitting the driver in the face. The owner was taken from the circuit by the police and fined $20K personally and the team got a $20K fine and were disqualified from race 1.

Talk about bringing the sport into disrepute.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah, i've seen a few rippers. we even get them at state champs. more so cause the poor mug who got punted off the track generally is paying to fix his own car. nothing like a few grand repair bill to get someone to fire up.

also the various porsche categories seem to be fond of some big arguments and the occaisional fisty cuffs. dunno why.

the politics among the porsche drivers is VERY complex. Ive been involved in that side of the sport for around 12 months and i am still trying to sort out who is on what side ect

• 2 weeks later...

i luv the spray J richards gave Qld rcaeway...he is right it is the most boring and badly repaired track on the circuit...cut the shitty Qld round from the series ....but they wont cause crowds are very good in the sunny state

i luv the spray J richards gave Qld rcaeway...he is right it is the most boring and badly repaired track on the circuit...cut the shitty Qld round from the series ....but they wont cause crowds are very good in the sunny state

If only there was a circuit in Queensland that combined a good history with an interesting layout.

post-5134-1184198978_thumb.jpg

It will, once the North Qld race gets off the ground. Beattie will dangle that carrott just before the next state election! And who the bloody hell designed that crap anyway ... a cadet draughtsman in the Main Roads could have done better or maybe it was a cadet draughtsman?. It would have to be the most uninspiring track around. Something like Spa would be nice :)

Edited by Muz

If only there was a circuit in Queensland that combined a good history with an interesting layout.

John Tetley now has a lease on Lakeside to run some club like events but you will never see V8 Supercar back there

• 1 month later...

WTF happened in the Taxis? I saw GRM got a race win in race 3... HOW???

We won't be seeing them for another 3.5 hours due to channel 7's inability to show motorsport here in SA...... I wonder how 7 will go next year with the Olympics, ALF and V8's

First things first- good on Lee H for a brilliant result. It was nice to see a new face on the podium.

Also good to see a bit of aggression back in the racing- it's been far too nice recently :thumbsup:

Now... time to bag seven/AVESCO for their absolute piss poor coverage this season.

They seemed to get things off to a good start with less crap talk between the V8 races and more focus on the support categories.

It almost made the mundane whining of commentators like Grant Denier bearable.

But their decision to stop races short (mentioned often on air today as being at 3pm if the 46 laps didnt come first) is appalling. Now this might suit seven's AFL contract but it shows no respect to motor racing fans not to mention the winners, and sponsors who are denied race time and footage of the podium, all so we can see AFL commentators talking their crap!

wtf happened to Skaife, Rick, Lowndes, Tander in the last race? i got the last 20 odd laps and there was no sign of any of them

brilliant race in the wet btw, Lee Holdsworth was damn quick

Edited by ctjet

wtf happened to Rkaife, Rick, Lowndes, Tander in the last race? i got the last 20 odd laps and there was no sign of any of them

brilliant race in the wet btw, Lee Holdsworth was damn quick

Easy the four Walkinshaw cars are good in the dry, but hopeless in the wet.

yeah HRT were rubbish in the wet. skaife went backwards in a big way. ingall was a bit of a dirty bastard in the last race. everyone gives a little tap now and then but he always seems to have intent to punt people out of his way...

I was glad to see skaife get a win on saturday and he did it easily. sunday he would have been wishing he stayed in the trailer. even the 888 cars lost a lot of pace.

congrats to holdsworth, he was nailing them in the last race. and I feel a bit sorry for whincup. he was looking good until he collected someone, not his fault either.

Huge stuff up by Lowndes and his crew for attempting slicks to start the last race when almost everyone made a pit lane start after having changed to wets. Yes I know that Campbell Little gave the choice to Lowndes but only after he had passed the pit entry on the warm up lap. From there he just went backwards as the the pit stop to change to wets could not be counted as his mandatory pit stop due to being taken outside the CPW (compulsory Pit Window) which meant he had to make another stop sometime during the race. It was at about that point I went and mowed the yard.

cheers

PS

That weather had Winfield Nissan written all over it!

Edited by Muz

Could not agree more Kelly,,,absolute disgusting treatment of all that love motor racing. What the hell are they gonna pull next. Ah shit I know live bloody crosses to that stupid crappy football trash during the endurance rounds,,,god I hate AFL!!!.

But it was good to see Prick Kelly have such a crap weekend. What about jason richards using wincup as a braking marker,,,some drivers are outta control.

First things first- good on Lee H for a brilliant result. It was nice to see a new face on the podium.

Also good to see a bit of aggression back in the racing- it's been far too nice recently :laugh:

Now... time to bag seven/AVESCO for their absolute piss poor coverage this season.

They seemed to get things off to a good start with less crap talk between the V8 races and more focus on the support categories.

It almost made the mundane whining of commentators like Grant Denier bearable.

But their decision to stop races short (mentioned often on air today as being at 3pm if the 46 laps didnt come first) is appalling. Now this might suit seven's AFL contract but it shows no respect to motor racing fans not to mention the winners, and sponsors who are denied race time and footage of the podium, all so we can see AFL commentators talking their crap!

Try watching it in Adelaide. The 2nd race and all the commentators crap was squeezed in less than an hour between 2 AFL games. The third race was then shown at 10.45. And don't get me started on the shite that has been coming out of the commentators mouths. Keep Cromley but get rid of the other idiots

• 3 weeks later...

First of the Enduros this weekend. Will be interesting to see how they end up. The Usuals will be tought to beat TWR/Toll, 888 and FPR. There are always the teams that perform well in the longer races eg DJR.

Anyone going to Sandown??

My mate is workign there with SkyNews so i may tag along on Sunday. Helping to run a HRA rally on Saturday so unless it rains hard all week and the Department of Sustainability and Environment revoke the events licence i will be knee deep in mud all saturday :rofl:

Helping to run a HRA rally on Saturday so unless it rains hard all week and the Department of Sustainability and Environment revoke the events licence i will be knee deep in mud all saturday smile.gif

haha sounds like fun. I should be flying over on saturday for the race on sunday. should have a ticket waiting at the gate for me