Supertaxis 2007

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well done lowndes. top drive.

shame about skaife. the safety car timing was all wrong for him today and it seems he overcooked it a bit at the end. :)

seton finished in 11th and was looking pretty handy towards the end. nice one seto.

Correct me if im wrong but their was not 1 bit of footage of Seto chewing on his straw during the entire race.... wtf is up with that ch7 !!

So Ben- when are we doing the nudie run?

Sad to see that tosser come third but honestly don't give a shite since my Lowndsie man won :)

2006 car 888 start 6th finish 1st

2007 car 888 start 6th finish 1st

Coincidence i dont think so!

I am saying right here and now that Lowndes will be the next king of the mountain, i woundnt be surprised if he out does Petes record. i honestly believe thate pete is up there smiling down on him just look at the 2 near misses he had with cars nearly T boning him. Its cosmic i tells ya

can anyone tell me why it was safe to drive past mcconvilles car on the first lap, on cold tyres and with drivers not knowing where it was - but it is not safe to do a second lap with warm tyres and the drivers knowing where the stopped car was.

typical commercial considerations coming before safety again

Bit of a tough call either way in that case. If they recovered the car before starting the race, then the cars would have to do another warm-up lap and line up on the grid again. This all takes time and would have delayed the start by a number of minutes. Neither the spectators nor the drivers want this delay. Having them start and then circulating under the safety car is a prefferable option as the agro has died down a little and drivers are getting more into the rythm of things.

Big showing by Ford and Queenslanders. Just had to go out for a lap in the BA XR8 Ute.

Well actually I was sent to get dinner :)

I was seriously impressed with Juniors' drive. Here is a man that perhaps doesn't ooze natural talent but damn he works hard and finally a worthy result.

So 4 rounds left? I wonder if Garth will be doing any blocking for the 90lb weakling this year, or give it a punt for himself?

Not a bad race on the whole. The start was shocking, WTF were race control thinking. If there was an accident with the supercheap car i'm sure it would have either taken out half the grid or ended with a possible legal fight due to the noticeable danger (just look at the incar from 888)

Would have been good to see JNR up a few steps on the podium. He and will drove a very consistent race - clean pits stops and were lurking every time the other 2 fell off or stuffed up their pit strategy.

Toll was a huge surprise the same problem in 2 of the 4 TWR cars and teh team mates!!

Brighty had everything to loose when he came in for his last pit stop and he did loose everything.... its a shame as it would have been a huge upset if he put wets on and built up a lead in the wet conditions (not to mention i had my britek shirt on :) ).

yep when it shook out with bright in the lead I was gunning for him. he certainly deserves a drink. he probably should have just stayed on the tyres he had, or gone to wets. brand new slicks didn't seem to be the best choice. but it's easy to be an armchair race engineer.

Sorry Ben,,,but no amount of edittings gonna help ya mate. Pick a date my good man and charge up those cameras batteries.

Poor bloody frosty it was his for the taking and poof its all over.

So who's booking there car in with Toll racing for there next brake job?.

Neil.

So who's booking there car in with Toll racing for there next brake job?.

Me! It takes me more than 30 seconds to take the first two wheel nuts off! Let alone pads and rotors.

Me! It takes me more than 30 seconds to take the first two wheel nuts off! Let alone pads and rotors.

Would you like air in your system for no extra charge?.

Would you like air in your system for no extra charge?.

oops... must have skimmed over the "Toll Racing" bit. definitely a NO.

Was amazing to see all the teams change pads and rotors so quickly though. Insert prongs here, take out pads there, shimmy the rotor in here, give it a good whack and away you go.

I thought it was a great race, and an awesome last 20 laps! I was on the edge of my seat.

I was hoping Bright would go to wets and make it stick, but no such luck. Definately looked like a hairy ride for him, especially with most of the field sitting on his bumper.

Well done to Lowndes, he drove well. Pity Murph and Jimmy didn't get up there, but those that got on the podium deserved it.