Supertaxis 2007

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that coverage sucks. :D

poor skaife btw. copped most of the damage. no mention if if the driver was hurt or not. and if hurt was it from the crash or from skaife catching up with him afterwards?

jinxed my little ginger ring!

mate that falcon was so fast today he just streeted them in the first race by a mile. They really have to look at the difference between the cars it was just a non event for anyone driving a holden.

big chuckle meself as well. Not only that the plastic nascars ( speed cars ) were faster than all the V8 super taxis first time out.

not sure if the 5 ex F1 boys made the diff but.

It was truly a ford race i dont really care much one way or another but the difference between the cars at the moment is vast.

Also big thumbs up to Shane Price great bloke, had him in our pit garage looking over the SR3 radical. Got lots of insight into the V8 world.

• 2 weeks later...

you know, I've never met a race track I don't like and that include symmonds plains.

but my god it is boring to watch.

I haven't had a chance to be in front of the tv for qualifying all year, and I 've got to say the track and the format make for a *very* boring broadcast.

you know, I've never met a race track I don't like and that include symmonds plains.

but my god it is boring to watch.

I haven't had a chance to be in front of the tv for qualifying all year, and I 've got to say the track and the format make for a *very* boring broadcast.

I was at the track today, and there wasn't a hole lot of passing going on in any of the catagories. Usually the hairpin (where i always watch) has a resnoble amount of overtaking/action, but it was all a presession today. even the V8 masters and utes were driving straight.

And the track dosn't look that good on TV at the best of times

Edited by sav man

so who will get it done? I would like to see monobrow take it out. he deserves a drink I reckon.

The craziest part of tassie was when mark king and whatshisface came together at turn 1 of the first production car race on sunday. nasty! that dude just harpooned king from way back. I guess he is sick of getting wasted off the line by the 4WDs but come on! he was goooone a good 50 meters before the corner, then launched over the ripple strip and nicely punted king off.

may acctually go down for the final race, if its as good as last year, then it should be money well spent

i was going to head over to PI for the round as its Bowe's final V8 race. But he will be Very busy that weekend so i'll be over for the Sandown GT Classic in Dec with Team Lamborghini instead

Edited by Whiplash

• 2 weeks later...

Final round this weekend, Who is going to claim the title?????

i think tander has an edge over the other 2 at the moment ( although it would be ironic if he lost the series by 2 points as Leanne was runner up in the F3's by 2 points)

I'm expecting FPR to be up the front again

His wife isnt nice at all, unlike most simpletons i dont buy into the whole show she puts on everytime shes on tv. I've seen her on the track more than a couple times and i dont have time for dirty racers. Her disregard for the safety of other competitors was sickening and she was literally boo'd by most people in pit lane after the race... mole

I spent a day in her pits. Spent most of the time working on another car with a problem as hers was fine and I didn't get any of that at all. I wasn't there officially but she still made the time to come a say hello and talk a while.

Aggressive driving can be useful if others are prepared to back off. Sometimes it's needed to win races. She got beat about a lot trying to crack V8's so maybe she's a bit more ruthless now. But a lot of guys have their egos tied up in not wanting Leanne to win races. Both on and off the track.

Garth on the other hand was a straight out wanker in that last round of last year. I lost a bit of respect when he was straight out blocking but it is just business.

And don't put yourself down. You probably aren't "most simpletons" but you can still be led by the crowd it seems. :worship: