SAU Community

Supertaxis 2007

For the record i have nothing against Leanne Tander. I respect her tenacity and the fact that she is still pickign up drives and getting results. I have never met her or seen her drive in a manner that has made me think of her in any particular light...unlike Gart, Back when he took it to Skaife/HRT at Garry Rogers, i had a lot of time for him...not the most personable bloke. But thats no crime. But the manner in which he raced on occassion and carried on when the chips are down? Again, no real crime...just he isnt my favourite driver out there.

Bring back Mezera! :banana: Surely BJR with the new TWR cars can find a spot for him :bunny:

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JB won't be driving for BJR!!!

John said that he will only consider a enduro drive if he is competing full time in a series next year. Which has been shaken up by the Andrew Smith at Lamborghini who sold his car with telling anyone - to the point the new owner went to pick up the car and the mechanics were still getting it ready for sandown and thought Ross Lilley was having them on.

if anything i could see him in FPR maybe, due to his ties with prodrive and FPV

It's always interesting to hear the comments in the pits, as opposed to the bogan wankers without a clue who attend one big race a year and are experts.

Talking to a long term member in GRMs garage and he said Leannes issues while with them were lack of confidence and aggression. A very different team too that doesn't hang off every word of the driver when trying to sort a car.

Lowndes is the biggest whinger on track over the radio - he just does it in a cheerful way.

Not really, it's just that 888 allow V8TV to tap their radio transmissions, and they choose to broadcast those ones. If you are at the track and listen in to the other teams radios with a scanner, then you would find that CL's comments are very minor.

its a 5 - 10K fine for the driver if the cross to them and they swear, which is absolute BS as they generally go to them after an accident ect. This is part of the reason why the engineers are always telling them to calm down when they get heated under the collar.

looking forward to the Clipsall 500 going back to the full F1 track next year. Even though turn 8 supplied some great crashes it will be great to see all of the cars really stretch their legs down the longer straight.

Mezera will never be back in the main game. But i hope that BJR remember John Bowe come the enduros. I still rate him very, very highly , even if he thinks he has lost some of his speed:)

Mezera has a new job next year...and its not driving a car ;)

Me neither but Perkins Engineering needs a half way talented driver.

Now I am not saying that Price or Perkins won't get there, but...

If you look at who was last in the points standings (for teams) you get BOC.

They are getting two new Walkinshaw built cars & McConkers next year. So things are looking up for them.

Next line line is the Perkins team. Second last. Beaten by WPS, PWR etc etc.

So clearly they need someone or something new. I am just not sure of the four HRT/HSV drivers Toddler deserved that fate.

Anyway who is getting the second HSVDT seat. Surely not Dumbrell?????

Yep Dumbrell paid...sorry got that seat

I'll drink to that Troy. Nice bunch of guys in that garage.

Yeah 888 are not bad...but like any team there are a fair share of wankers in there....and the big boss aint real easy to talk to.....Jimmy and Ross Stone are still the best guys in the game to talk to

• 3 weeks later...
GT-R > V8 :down:

V8's manage to make their bathurst lap times 5 seconds faster then they did in 1991/92... in 16 years. IMO let the R35 race :D

Not really a good indication...if the powers to be let us lighten the cars(we add balast to get them to minimum weight) and gave us decent tyre regs and let us go sequential and some other goodies the laps times would really improve to what they could do....but its actually going the other way in the name of "more affordable racing" with more and more control parts being compusory

On another note we would love to race the R35 in the GT series here in Oz in 09 but thanks to the GT3 rules the Nissan is NOT eligible