SAU Community

Supertaxis 2007

can anyone tell me why it was safe to drive past mcconvilles car on the first lap, on cold tyres and with drivers not knowing where it was - but it is not safe to do a second lap with warm tyres and the drivers knowing where the stopped car was.

typical commercial considerations coming before safety again

Every driver knew exactly where that car was sitting thanks to team bosses on the radios....lownes knew it was there but was jostling for position and went a little wide......but he knew it was there.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Cameron was a touch smarter he would have pulled up along side the wall and just rolled it back into the driveway rather than trying to do a 3 point turn.

If Cameron was a touch smarter he would have pulled up along side the wall and just rolled it back into the driveway rather than trying to do a 3 point turn.

No one has ever claimed Cameron is smart....but even he knows he cant back over a tilt tray to go into a driveway...

I realise the tilt tray was there but if he rolled back as far as possible, then the tray driver got in and moved out of the way cameron could have backed his car out of the way enough for the officials to then do what they please with it and let the race start without any problems.

I realise the tilt tray was there but if he rolled back as far as possible, then the tray driver got in and moved out of the way cameron could have backed his car out of the way enough for the officials to then do what they please with it and let the race start without any problems.

The race did start without problems...every driver was aware that car was parked there

If the race started without problems their would have been no safety car on lap 2 until Cam's car was removed.

Safety cars are no big problem......it gave us an extra lap in saved fuel before we had to pit...quite handy really

Personally I think it was an appauling situation. There is no way in this wild world that anybody can guarantee that every driver knew that car was stuck there. You are only assuming that every driver was told and you are assuming that every drivers radio was fully functional. The next time you turn on the light at home will the light come on or will it blow. Same with the radio.

Duncan's right on the money,,,Bloody dangerous and as usual it's all about this catagory's insatuable need for looking after rich bastards fat wallets. Heaven forbid channel 7 might have to for go one set of adverts.

Ben,,,have you decided on a date yet???????????.

Neil.

No one has ever claimed Cameron is smart....but even he knows he cant back over a tilt tray to go into a driveway...

Rumour has it he may sign to drive for the Jones brothers who are going to run a Walkinshaw Holden next year with new sponsorship.

Ford didn't offer them fk all/any money to trail around behind everyone so looks like they have jumped ship. Then Ford stopped them from announcing it all on the weekend, helpfully pointing out the relevant contract clauses.

:w00t:

Rumour has it he may sign to drive for the Jones brothers who are going to run a Walkinshaw Holden next year with new sponsorship.

Ford didn't offer them fk all/any money to trail around behind everyone so looks like they have jumped ship. Then Ford stopped them from announcing it all on the weekend, helpfully pointing out the relevant contract clauses.

:)

I think the McConville thing is a done deal. Thompsons taking over that seat next yeat at SCAR. Why Holden would want to affiliate with BJR stuns me....

I think the McConville thing is a done deal. Thompsons taking over that seat next yeat at SCAR. Why Holden would want to affiliate with BJR stuns me....

Well to be fair BJR has a pretty good history of running customer cars - after all that is what the Audi's were. McConkey drove well for them too.

Also they did have periods of competitiveness going back a few years.

I think that overwhelmingly budget is what is killing them. They are renowned for making a dollar go far, but there is only so much you can do. Look at their response to the control rotors - HRT were saying they saved money because they replaced them prior to every rave anyway. BJR previously used one or two sets for all the weekend...

The hard bit would be to convince a company to stump up the N million dollars needed to run competitively when BJR lack the infrastructure necessary to yield results quickly. So the only viable mechanism to get around it is to go the customer car route. Unfortunately this meant one of Walkinshaws dodgy deals - I would have thought they could have done what DJR did & got the 888 suspension package. There was nothing inherently wrong with either the chassis (A Britek proved) or the engines (As Lowndes proved). Although the djr cars did seem to hose the 888/SBR cars up the hill last weekend.

Any rumours on who the prospective sponsor is, local curry house excepted?

In any case given Holden funding structure I wouldn't imagine that they offered BJR truck loads of cash.

With fords wihdrawing thier funding to BJR i suppose Holden are throwing BJR a lifeline (I still cant fathom why....maybe to boost holden numbers on the Grid...and Walky would be pocketing something along the way) It will be interesting to see how Kim goes when he gets ordered around by Walky and the gang...knowing Kim he wont be able to kkep his mouth shut ha ha :down:

Its no real surprise that this BJR move is on the cards. For years when Jones was running Nascar and Auscar (for GM) he was doing Enduro drives for HRT and doing a good job. The team strangle great performance from the car, though i feel they are missing John Bowe who seems to always help develop cars for teams and grab a few grid spots.

But hopefully some alcohol brand gets behind them and they get back up the grid. One thing for sure is that Cam deserves a much better seat then he has...i rate the guy very highly....only he has seemed to struggle to get a good ride

With fords wihdrawing thier funding to BJR i suppose Holden are throwing BJR a lifeline (I still cant fathom why....maybe to boost holden numbers on the Grid...and Walky would be pocketing something along the way) It will be interesting to see how Kim goes when he gets ordered around by Walky and the gang...knowing Kim he wont be able to kkep his mouth shut ha ha :down:

You can be damn sure that Walkinshaw won't be backward in coming forward in charging anyone for services rendered.

Question of the day: Who would win in a fight: Kim Jones or Tom Walkinshaw? Or Kim's "mate out the back"

Edited by djr81

yeah i totally agree with you on cam...he is a great steerer and also a great guy. Unfortunently I have a feeling if he doesnt start to get some runs on the board soon he may fall out of favour in a year or two and find himself struggling for a drive

tom would kick his arse I reckon. he must have had many people try and break his face over the years and the fact that he's still walking (pun!) around relatively un-scathed tells me he must know how to punch on.