SAU Community

Blown Engine?

PLEEZN

hey everyone,

just need a rough idea of what happened to my engine. i was driving home and it suddenly sounded like it was running on 5 cylinders, i just made it home and noticed when i accelerate, shit loads of white smoke come out of the exhaust (so much i couldnt see out the rear window lol). it eventually sounded worse and worse then wouldnt start. when i did a compression test, all cylinders had good compression except number 4. number 6 spark plug had oil all over it and coolant spurts out of the chamber when cranking. theres no coolant in any other chamber except #6. the oil on the dipstick isnt milky and very clean. any ideas of what happened and how much to fix will be greatly appreciated!! thanks heaps!

White smoke, water, oil. Head gasket is first guess, maybe cracked head, possibly cracked block but being an RB20 I doubt it.

Really need to look at it otherwise it is all just guess work.

Pull the head off as it has to come off regardless. Then you will know!!!

Grippy..

a mates car(10WRB) done the exact same thing all of a sudden ran shit...i pulled it down it turned out to be 4 cracked ring lands. one piston the ring land broke off in 3 peices.

time for you to get a 25 i reckon haha