SAU Community

Expressions of Interest 1984 HR30 Skyline Coupe GT-ES Paul Newman Special

Guest raven

Guest raven

Our second child is arriving soon and the 2 door car may prove unsuitable for baby carrying duties. As such I am thinking of selling the Skyline if I can get the right price for it.

Details:

1984 HR30 GT-ES Paul Newman Version

White

129000 kms

Pillarless 2 door

1 of only 3 in Australia

L20ET stock 2 litre turbocharged six

Power windows, mirrors, air, headlight washers, power drivers seat, rear wiper/washer

5 speed manual, LSD, 4 wheel discs, factory alloys

Fantastic condition

NSW Rego until March 2004

Custom Plates IOF-003 (1 of 3)

only mods are:

Kenwood CD, Alpine 6 inch Splits and Polk rears, Fusion Amp

New power steering box and full Pedders suspension worth over $2000.00

Never given me any problems. Not the fastest Skyline in Oz but certainly the rarest.

photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/ravenoak

I am looking for $10,000.00, otherwise I will hang onto it.

cheers :

Guest raven

The thing is I am not going to sell unless I get a good price for it. I love the car and it is great for what I use it for (work trips, daily commute). The only reason I would sell it so we have a bit more flexibility if/when we carry the little ones around. I guess we can only use our X Trail for family stuff and then keep the Skyline just for my use.

I have heard the Japanese are mad for old r30 and R31's but the hassle in exporting is probably not worth it. I bought the car from Domenic at Autostyle last year. He usually only sells high end r32 and r33 GTR's but he saw it at an auction in Japan and thought it was too good a car to pass up. I agree with him. The Paul Newman version was an edition to celebrate the connection between Nissan Motorsport and Paul Newman as Nissan race team owner in the early 80's.

The car has been 100% reliable and I have only replaced the suspension and steering as it was a little tired and I wanted it perfect. It is now ready for another 130000 k's!

Maybe I even talked myself back into keeping it now

cheers

p.s What Hr30 do you have yourself?

My HR30 was one of 15 imported by thomas scuderia(current ferrari race team owner)for group-c racing back in early 80's fortunately mine never seen any track work,it has fj20 in it 5 spd r200 lsd, i hit 2 roo's in it in one night and second gear synchro is rooted(no second gear snaps over 4krpm :D ),ive had offers of 5k for it (no hope),i seen one in vic trader a few months ago for 18k full stockie no special features, so maybe to a collector your car worth plenty more,i hope u talk yourself into keeping it,they are a great car fun to drive and real rare i get snappen necks from all late model skyline owners :)

Ps: anyone remember sandown 500 1984 :D R30 first and second

Guest raven

Yeah the amount of double takes I get from people is amazing.

They see the R30 front, then see it is a coupe and it gets their curiosity going. By the time they see the hotplate lights and the Paul Newman badge they are really scratching their heads!

Raven

Saw your comments re the second kiddy (congrats by the way) and thought I'd offer my experience. Have had a two door car myself for daily duties now for the past 3 years (my son is four, daughter two). It was a GT-R, so not sure what the space differences are, but we had a second 'family' for regular family like duties (V6 Camry Wagon). Since then I had to replace the GT-R with a Silvia (costing too much) but found that with both we could fit both a baby seat and booster seat in the back. Getting them in there was difficult sometimes but that's a small price to pay to keep your baby.

Anyway, now that my daughter is climbing in to the seat by herself, we recently got a GT-R (R32) for my wife to use as a daily driver. Boost space in the 'R is good for and enough for our purposes. My wife loves the car to bits and almost cried when the engine let go recently. Anyway, just thought I'd offer you my thoughts on the subject of kids and 2-door ownership. Keep the '30 and just have the X-Trail for family duties. Every now and then chuck the kids in the back of the '30 and go cruising.

Cheers

Brendan