SAU Community

Rattle In The Engine Bay At High Rpm

i was giving my car a bit of a go today cos i got my licence back yesterday. and when i got to abou6500rpm with foot flat down trying to push the firewall out the car(lol) there was a rattle from the engine bay im running stock boost with exhaust and pod filter can anyone give me any sugestions where to look to fix the rattle

ITs either PINGING or theres something lose in your engine bay. Last time i had this problem is my turbo heat shield was loose, so whenever I give it a go the engines vibrates so does the heat shield agianst the turbo. Try looking at your engine bay for anything loose and tighten it. If it still persist look at your spark plug maybe ur car is pinging. Gud luck let us know how u go.

Have you driven it lately? Fresh fuel...?

Fuel goes bad if it sits for a long time

+1

Shell fuel has a life of 15 days from when it comes out of the truck lol (so i've heard)

i lost my licence for losing all my points on my p's in a SSS pulsar and found out about the suspension the day after picking up the skyline. i had my dad drive the car every few days for the 3months i couldnt and it got fresh fuel in the day before i got my licence back shell vracing 100octane i had it dyno tuned the day i got the car and i know my dad hasnt had it over 3000rpm when hes driven it. im gonna check for any lose things in the engine bay in the morning hopefully that will fix it.

i know speeding and drifting is illeagle so why is it so fun?

all the fun things are against the law :)

but what did he get tuned?

he hasnt got an aftermarket ecu, judging by his description, its virtually stock.

i had this problem when i chucked in 100octane in my r32 before i got the ecu remap and it pinged.

obviously the ecu didnt like the 100 octane, and its doing the same in his car.

is this true, can the wrong fuel cause a "rattle" noise in the engine bay? i've got a similar problem on my r33 rb25det.

the noise sounds like its coming from near the turbo area of the engine and it's really struggling to keep revs at idle but at high speed it feels fine.

problem seemed to start after filling up with Shell V Power fuel 99 Octane and after it got tested on the dyno, so hopefully it'll not be anything serious and maybe just a loose heat shield etc but that doesn't say why it is stalling?

any help guys PLEASE? :ninja:

ricky