SAU Community

custom front + dump pipe, where to go?

Cake

basically just simply asking where YOU have got yours done, what style it is (separate wastegate) or single, stainless or mild steel, and what size... and the big q, how much?

Is it best just to get 3"? I've got a 3" hiflow cat, but the catback is 3.74". Since the cat is restricted to 3" anyway, theres really no point in going bigger than 3" for the front section is there?

I'm not really interested in whether u recommend this or what shop for exhaust work, i just wanted to know where you got your front+dump pipe done, if u were happy with it and what u paid?

cheers

Chris.

Got a dump welded to my existing Mild Steel 3" front pipe by a professional shop welderer who has his own 13.2 sec gts25t (stock turbs) and who also does some work with coolers and drag cars.

DN include seperate wastegate pipe, though the area around the wastegate is significantly expanded from the flange to a point about 6" down the pipe to improve flow.

Cost me $140, most of which was for the flange. some tidy up work was required (grinder - thank's cam's uncle) to tidy up the flange.

GTST-Vpec,

how do you find the underbonnet temps with it? Or did you get that thermal wrapped or HPC coated? The guys at Genie are doing mine on Tuesday.

Its a pain they need to car to make it, as I would love to get mine built up then sent off for thermal coating before fitment.

Might look at taking it off later... just dont want to have issues with elevated intake temps or underbonnet heat issues, plus the thermal coating DOES improve performance (quicker spoolup).