SAU Community

Air Bag Light On Dash

GMan

hell year i tryed it like 5 times still wouldnt turn off den saw thatguys reply of doing it 1 second each push and worked im so happy lmao

yea i just bought my new car today!!! 98 skyline r34 gt-t...not bought as a perfect car but wot is these days

just the airbag light on the dash is continiously flashing and not quite sure of what that means. would anyone know how to fix it? it has the factory steering wheel on it which has the standard airbag as well

cheers!

i recon this is neet as - just took my steering wheel off to straighten it up because the bloody mechanic didn't put it on straight and i put it all back together and that light just started flashing, came on the forum and did this trick and walla :) all fixed

i have an R34 98'

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I've tried this at least 15 times now, I must be doing something really stupid because it's not working for me.

I've gotten in the car, key in ignition on "OFF" switched it to "ON" (not started it), opened door, pressed the door switch 5 times fast. No go. Tried it again, pressed 5 times slowly (1 second in between), still no go.

Tried it the same way by pressing the door switch after waiting for the airbag light to start blinking, tried this both 5 times fast and 5 times slow. No worky.

It's driving me crazy, as I know I'm doing something wrong, as there is no change in the way the light flashes, so it doesn't seem the airbag module is going into diagnostic mode...

Any ideas??

I've tried this at least 15 times now, I must be doing something really stupid because it's not working for me.

I've gotten in the car, key in ignition on "OFF" switched it to "ON" (not started it), opened door, pressed the door switch 5 times fast. No go. Tried it again, pressed 5 times slowly (1 second in between), still no go.

Tried it the same way by pressing the door switch after waiting for the airbag light to start blinking, tried this both 5 times fast and 5 times slow. No worky.

It's driving me crazy, as I know I'm doing something wrong, as there is no change in the way the light flashes, so it doesn't seem the airbag module is going into diagnostic mode...

Any ideas??

Try the same process but start with the door already opened. I dare say that clicking the ignition on and then opening the door makes it think you're pressing the door switch 6 times instead of 5.

Give it a shot and let us know how you go.

P.S > it's 7 times you have to press it too. Sus out the second post on the first page.

Edited by Jay95R33

great fix it seems but anybody ever thought more through it and considered that there might be a problem with the airbag?

wouldnt want it not working in case you end up needing it..

or even having it go off when you dont need it-

• 2 months later...

ahhhh this is one of the reasons y i joined SAU... i got a 96 s2 gtst... air bag light has been flashing for a couple of months now, checked fuses, checked wiring, disconnected the battery, reconnected the battery... nuffin got rid of it

tried this and the first time it slowed the flashing down LOL

tried it a second time at GONE yewwww lol

now all i gotta do is get the speedo working n get the hicas light off

• 3 weeks later...

Had a similar problem to this on my 33, but the air bag light was staying on and not flashing. My horn was also not working, so it was clear that my clock spring was cactus. Replaced it and it was all good.

Edited by wang

Going to call Nissan tomorrow & tell them where to stick it (I spent over $3k in parts & they were still going to charge me $66 for 2 minutes work!)

Fark!

...glad you got it sorted :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Can you reset the SRS airbag light prob on an S2 R33 GTS25T with a PFC ?

Cheers A .

Thread bump of old post but just confirming that it will work on a car with a PFC.

I tried some of the procedures listed here and changed the frequency of the blinking light but couldn't clear a slow flash but with perserverance had success with the following sequence at the end.

1. turn door light off by holding switch (at door or roof)

2. turn key to on position

3. immediately switch light on at least 7 times (airbag light goes out)

4. start car

• 9 months later...

Thankyou so so much!!! I unplugged something then put it back and had it flashing n freaked cos i thought i stuffed it!! Champion!

My r33 gtst s2 i had to hold button in on door then put ig nition on and try the 7 presses which changed the aurbag light to flash slower and just an ignition off n on and all good!! :)

• 9 months later...

sorry to again revive an old thread... I've got a 97 C34 Stagea and my airbag light flashes all the time. i've tried this method and it changes to a flashing sequence.

off long

on long

off short

on short

then repeats.

then if i do the door light trick, it goes back to constantly flashing. i'm assuming this is a diagnostic code.

also, my horn used to work intermittantly, now doesn't... i checked all the connections. found nothing. i think it may be a clock spring. would that have this affect?

cheers

• 3 months later...