SAU Community

What To Do With The 20 Grand

sam5709

what to do with the 20 grand  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hang on.... hookers guns and cocaine

NOOOO dont spend it all on hookers, guns and cocaine!

Only spend about 5grand in this area.

Seriously though, to invest it you can still get units/flats etc for under $180,000. Might be worth a look.

I got my house sorted first before i bought a skyline.

5K on drugs and sex is not enough!! I say 10K at least. The rest you can blow it on a trip.

But seriously, consider the study route, or investment route. The people here are old enough and wise enough to tell you that. Few years down the road, take whatever money you've earned from the FD/TD and put it back into the car. That way, you've so called not spent a single cent :). Won't be much, but at least you still have the $20Gs. :laugh:

Just invest it. Of course nothing stupid, blue chips and stuff.

leave it till you know what you want to do with it - you shouldnt need people to help you decide =]

butttttt..... if you want my opinion =] put it in a super saver account and watch your money grow.

ING direct saver account does 6%per anum http://www.ingdirect.com.au/personal/savings_max.htm

if you deposit 20gand and dont even add to the savings you will have 22grand in 20 months... (i used the website calculator)

had big think and talk with parents last night. cant believe iv changed my mind and finally opened my eyes lol, to be honost this has been a real help starting this thread :O, when i ask all my friends they say buy a car but dont really give any decent answers,

last night had a chat with the olds and they said to spend maybe a couple grand on the current car and lock everything else up in a savings account or something else that makes money instead of loosing it, that way im spending some but not a ridiculous amount of the money on something that makes me happy yet doing the smart logical thing and making the money back over time.

to be honost i dont think there will be another time in my life when im just going to just get $20 000, it is not little money and as many people have said they have spent it this kind of money on their cars before and even more and they are either still not happy with the way there car is or have regretted it and would have rather spent the money else where!!!

im already lucky enough to get a paid for decent skyline as it is so why be greedy??? lol \

now instead of searching for which CAR to buy with the 20 grand i think its safe to say that im going to be searching for what type of investment the money will be going in, MAKES SENSE :w00t:

i would sell the sII 33 and spend a bit on upgrading to an s15 and invest the rest

your nan wanted you to enjoy it so your enjoying some of it

and while the 34 is great , the s15 is a better package . the 34 is pretty similar to your 33 , not much point upgrading bit better overall but not enough to justify the changover price

Deposit on a house is good. Sounds easy but actually making 20% for a deposit is extremely hard.

Funnily enough my nana helped us get the last bit of the deposit.

Took 2 years to pay it back with 2 salaries coming in and when I thought it would only take a year.

Yes you can get no deposit loans but interest rates are a lot higher. You also have no way to negotiate a good interest rate.

Current interest rates for deposits barely cover inflation. At 6% in real value terms your probably going backwards.

I would buy a house ASAP. Someone once said to me a house loan is like forced savings. Didnt think much about it at the time but its very true.

Wouldnt touch shares with a barge pole at the moment. The world economy is being driven by China and that bubble is starting to show signs of weakness.

spend $5k on your car, and invest $15k, best of both worlds sammy :(

alternatively you can give me the $20,000, and ill 'invest' it.. i could do with a new turbo. :(

edit: i should really check if there is more than one page before i post...

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Installed  Nismo coppermix twin competition spec last year in my bnr32 with pull trans with Oem slave cylinder. The point at where the clutch disengages/enages is right at the top of the clutch pedal, meaning I barely have to push the pedal down for the clutch to be disengaged.  You guys that have the same combo are you experiencing this high pedal bite point??   Secondly I’d like to have the disengagement point lower meaning I have to push the pedal more(further not effort)for it to be disengaged.  I’m thinking to use a Nismo big operating cylinder(bigger bore at 13/16 vs Oem 3/4) which will require more pedal stroke to get the equivalent movement at the clutch fork. But I see Nismo web site says not to mix these 2 as the Nismo big operating cylinder doesn’t have enough stroke to disengage??? Any folks run both the coppermix twin pull with Nismo cylinder??    Thanks in advance for the replies but prefer only guys with pull clutches to respond. thanks     
    • Any chance u could let us know where your based ?
    • That’s a great deal and I would jump on it if you were closer. Melbourne is a bit of a hike for me though unfortunately 
    • I wonder if there is much to tell without knowing where the bolts where bought from. If it comes from Amazon or similar all bets are off. Can't trust them. And I fear not everybody knows that. Wasn't it @TurboTapin who ended up with the fake fuel lines recently? The submersible ones which very much weren't submersible at all. It kind of applies to everything nowadays. Doesn't matter if it's hardware or electronics. The fancy camera might have internals swapped out for cheap knockoffs. The hard drive will report a certain size but not actually be able to write it all. Shit like that. A bit depressing but the reality is you really have to be weary of where and how you buy stuff