SAU Community

Gtr Cold Issues

Twitchy

Hi all,

This is a cold start issue and has some aspects which are similar to this thread "http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158452" however i also get crazy boost issues. I never rev the car above 2.5k when cold and never boost, however i get this strange behavior (think I’ll video it) of the boost gauge fluttering and coming up to boost very quickly then letting off. The consequence of this is very rough driving and a ridiculous amount of blowing. I also get that feeling of slight hesitation but not so worried about that. Once the car has it temp these symptoms disappear. The bit that confuses me is how easily the boost climbs, like 2 x as quick, then starts fluttering, on,off,on,off but not consistently but very erratically and aggressively. This makes for lousy driving, shuddering and so forth. Its very hard for me to explain, i think I will have to youtube it but any advice or ideas would be much appreciated.

Mods that may be relavent:

hks gtss turbo's

hks dump pipes

standard bov's

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

wow weird exactly what has been happening to me for the last month or so with my 93 gtr.. Im in melb.. also it is running rich because my fuel economy is no less than 20ltrs per 100kms! and also all the black crap that goes on the back of my car..