SAU Community

Limits For A Rb20det

MeAn s13

hey guys im new and wasnt sure where to post this but yeh, i own a s13 with a rb20det i was wondering wat hp is it able to reach with standard internals?? of corse turbo would be upgraded, and wat mods do i have to do to get 300rwhp out of it and is it posible? thanks

Edited by MeAn s13

A guy in sydney & in auckland have done 300kw's in an rb20. On the safe side I think 250kw would be a good aim. Make sure you do a alot've research on a responsive turbo. I 've got a rebuilt rb20det & it spools up similar to the factory one but has a max output of 350hp(265kw's). Make you've got all the supporting mods first cause things can break down real easy if mods aren't done in the correct order. Hope that helps...

problem with the RB20 is you loose heaps more torque the more power you seek.

if your wanting big gains you'll also get losses where it counts, 250 is a max limit you want to go for, but i wouldnt recommend going any higher then say a HKS2530, 2530, or 2540.......wouldnt mind seeing the results on a 2835 in RB20.

i dunno, its your call.......but unless your willing to increase capacity to say 2.4 ltr or something along those lines, you'll lose some goodness, personally i was happy with my VG30 on the RB20

cheers guys and that helped me alot now i know i can get 300rwhp out of it, im not gonna rebuild the rb20 coz i thinks its a waste of time and will change to a rb25 or if funds are good a rb26, cheers