SAU Community

My Ecu Is Growling At Me

yokotas13

so i hear a ticking sound form my ECU under boost

why is it doing this?

Ive never had an ECU growl at me lol

You sure its not your engine pinging at you under boost ;) , sounds a lot more logical than an ecu making noises. I can't even begin to think how an ecu could make any noise? :(

Try turning the climate control off and see if it still does the noise.

Over time the fan can become dirty and therefore unbalanced, this will then cause it to "tap" against its housing.

Happend to me about a year ago.

with no AC on, no radio on

its a ticking sound. i had a friend ID where it was comming from while he was in the car one day.

I dont notice a loss of power at all, its just annoying

with no AC on, no radio on

its a ticking sound. i had a friend ID where it was comming from while he was in the car one day.

I dont notice a loss of power at all, its just annoying

Yeah detonation (pinging) is a ticking sound (well at least thats how it sounds to me), espically if you say its only doing it under boost. But I mean I could be wrong, it is a car after all and a ticking noise could be anything. But I seriously doubt its the ecu! Anyone else?

Edited by Mr_RS4

CHECK YOUR FRONT DRIVESHAFT UNI'S!!!!!!!!!

Seriously dude, mine did this not long after I bought it, I thought the tapping sound was coming from behind the dash, but the intermittent nature of the noise made it really hard to track. Apparently the front shaft should have next to no play in it so if it has freeplay (as you expect a rear shaft to have) then you need new unijoints.

pinging is not really a ticking noise.

pinging is more of a "two twenty cent pieces being shaken in a closed hand" kind of a sound.

Yeah thats probably a better description....but to some it may sound like a kind of ticking

Hey, did you get this resolved? In another thread, you have lost spark - maybe, i think that problem isn't resolved either..

Is it possible that you had a short in the ecu and the current isn't making it to the spark plug? Try taking the top cover off the ecu and see if you can see sparks when you rev if. Just a suggestion.

well, we have it isolated, its a weak coilpack, and i have 3 on the way from osaka japan.

we actually hooked the pack up to a tester, and it wasnt putting out even or enough voltage.