SAU Community

200sx S14 Bilstein, Whiteline, Eibach & Noltec Suspension

Sydneykid

Contact Details

Superior Suspension

4 Lincoln St Minto NSW 2566

(02) 9603 0100

I have just finished the engineering for Jamex on the 200SX S14 Bilstein, Eibach, Noltec and Whiteline Suspension kits. These have been extensively road and track tested over the last 4 months in three S15’s. Similar to what I did for R32/33/34’s, they will be offered on a Group Buy from Jamex for 15% to 20% less than the recommended retail prices, plus freight will be free for all orders over $500, plus there will be an additional discount of 5% for orders over $1,000.

The Group Buy kit was engineered (by me) to give a sporty, but not harsh ride, for the street and at the same time suite the sort of things that S14 owners use their cars for (road, drag and circuit). It’s a great all round kit judging by the comments back from the people that have tried it.

Due to the strut based front end there will be a basic kit with Whiteline coil springs. Plus a full height adjustable coil over kit utilising Eibach (the best) coil springs with Noltec adjustable strut tops as an option. Extensive engineering has been carried out on a full replacement coil over front strut which features a unique Bilstein shock absorber. Plus it allows greater scope for camber adjustment combined with the use of wide wheels and tyres.

Front Bilstein inserts and rear shocks

gallery_1903_124_13373.jpg

med_gallery_1903_124_69113.jpg

Front fabricated strut with the Bilstein insert

med_gallery_1903_124_60976.jpg

Rear Bilstein shock with Whiteline spring

tn_Rear_Spring_on_Bottom_Seat.jpg

Picture of Bilstein/Eibach rear coil over spring/shock unit

med_gallery_1903_124_108716.jpg

Picture of the Noltec adjustable strut top

med_gallery_1903_124_50714.jpg

Rear Camber Kit

KCA347.jpg

Front Caster Kit

KCA332.jpg

In all cases the Bilstein damper valving has been selected (by me) to suite the spring and stabiliser bar rates used. I have spent some time engineering in an additional 20 mm (23 mm at the wheel) front suspension travel to avoid one of the major limitations of the packaging in an S14. This means I could use a lower spring rate for better handling and ride and, at the same time avoid the bottoming out issues that frequent lowered S14's The Bisltein front struts incorporate an internal bump stop which has been rated and sized to suite the rest of the kit. For better control of dynamic camber and caster, the Bilstein front inserts feature the inverted layout which results in far stronger resistence to the bending forces that struts have to endure.

The rear Bilsteins are of course full shock replacements and the Whiteline Bump Stop & Dust Cover kit has suggested trimming heights as follows;

med_gallery_1903_124_10902.jpg

There is a full set of suggested alignment settings (including ride heights) for both road and track use, which are designed to optimise the handling and avoid excessive tyre wear.

Table of alignment settings

Recommended Road Settings

Front

Caster = 7 degrees positive (slightly more on the LHS to counter the drift to the gutter)

Camber = 1.25 to 1.5 degrees negative

Toe = Zero

Rear

Camber = 0.75 to 1.25 degrees negative

Toe = In 2 mm each side

Recommended Circuit (grip) Settings

Front

Caster = 8 to 9 degrees positive

Camber = 2.5 to 4.0 degrees negative

Toe = Zero

Rear

Camber = 1.25 to 2.0 degrees negative

Toe = Zero

Recommended Drift Settings

Front

Caster = 8 to 9 degrees positive

Camber = 2.5 to 4.0 degrees negative

Toe = Zero to 1 mm toe out each side

Rear

Camber = 0.75 to 1.0 degrees negative

Toe = Out 2 mm each side

Recommended Drag Settings

Front

Caster = 7 degrees positive

Camber = 1.25 to 1.5 degrees negative

Toe = Zero

Rear

Camber = 0.25 positive to zero degrees (never negative)

Toe = Zero

Price Lists

The Road Kit is designed for daily sporty driving and is suitable for occasional circuit, drag and drift work. Although an upgrade to adjustable stabiliser bars would be recommended for those willing to tune the handling for their personal preferences.

gallery_1903_124_9024.jpg

The price lists reflect a saving for SAU Group Buyers of $678 (around 25%) over normal retail prices.

The Road & Track Kit is suitable for road driving, to and from the track and other weekend work. Several of the guys during the testing have commented that they could easily live with the Competition Kit as a daily driver. The stabiliser bars are, of course, adjustable, plus the springs and damper rates are not in any way excessive. The recommended alignment settings are a bt extreme for daily driving and would result in excessive tyre wear if large numbers of kilometres are driven. The Road & Track Kit is priced the same for Drag, Circuit (grip) and Drift users. The spring, shock and stabiliser bar rates being the difference. So please specify your usage patterns when ordering.

gallery_1903_124_45972.jpg

The price lists reflect a saving for SAU Group Buyers of $1,215 (around 25%) over normal retail prices.

Availability

Springs are usually in stock at Whiteline and Eibach

Bilstein takes 1-2 working days to fit the inserts

Bushes are usually in stock at Whiteline

Stabiliser bars take 4-5 working days to make as Whiteline do not keep stock

Delivery is via Toll priority and usually takes 1-2 working days to anywhere in Australia.

Recommended Fitting Workshops

Heasmans Sydenham NSW

East Coast Suspension Kirrawee NSW

St George Steering Punchbowl NSW

Exceller Steering Bankstown NSW

Centeline Thomastown Vic

Traction Tyre & Suspension Rowville Vic

Manta Racing Services SA

Discount Tyres Service Belconnen Act

Motsons Qld

Wilkinson Suspension WA

As per the Skyines Group Buy, you can choose individual parts or groups of parts, just keep in mind the free freight for orders over $500 and the extra 5% discount for orders over $1,000.

Any questions? Send me a PM or post it here.

:( cheers ;)

PS; for S13 (CA & SR) owners, their kits are currently being engineered and will be released shortly

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry all, I have been out of action for 3 days, somebody gave me a nice little virus. So the PM inbox filled up, but it has been cleared now. So if you could n’t get a message though over the last couple of days please try again.

For those that did get a PM in before the overflow, please be patient I will get to them all sometime today (or tonight).

:laugh: Cheers :rant:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, my inbox is filling up faster than I can respond to the PM’s. I usually get 30 to 40 PM’s a day. With the current delay in delivery, that has increased to 40 to 50 per day and I just can’t keep up with that sort of volume. Particularly as some of the more technical PM’s take 10 to 15 minutes each to reply to and my available time has decreased dramatically for reasons which will become obvious shortly.

I feel that I need to “broadcast” a Group Buy update until I can clear the backlog of PM’s. Here is the current situation;

1. A little back ground first. As you may be aware Redranger and Whiteline merged a couple of months ago. The first step was a merger of Sales, Marketing and Distribution functions and Whiteline’s Minto premises were simply not large enough to accommodate this. So the premises adjacent to Redranger at Somersby were acquired and that was utilised for the larger, merged entity. Some people have taken this as a sign that Redranger “took over” Whiteline, when that is in fact not the case, it is a true merger.

The Whiteline manufacturing premises at Minto remain. More news on that shortly.

2. How this affects the Group Buys. Many of the products that I specified for the Group Buy Kits are unique, it is what makes the kits “work” better than any other Skyline suspension update. This uniqueness has been possible because of my knowledge of the systems within Whiteline (plus Bilstein, of course). The Redranger merger has disrupted that system and the “unique” (to the Group Buy) parts have not been flowing through as they had previously.

3. The good news. I have been working 14 hours a day, every day, for the last week, including yesterday (Saturday) helping to clear that backlog of orders. As a result, all of the Group Buy orders should be delivered this week. At this point I can’t tell you what day your individual order will be delivered. But as they flow through the system I will inform you of the con note numbers as soon as they are issued (the normal system).

In conclusion, I know you probably don’t care about the reasons, you just want your stuff and that is totally understandable. But I felt I had to give some background and let you know that I am working on clearing the backlog (personally as it happens) so that we can return to our previous prompt responses. Please hang off on the PM’s, I promise you that I haven’t skipped off to Brazil with your money. That your stuff will be delivered very shortly.

:) Cheers :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day,

I've tried to PM but your inbox is full and I haven't been able to get through for days…. Can I order the 'Road kit' for my S14a with the adjustable sway bars. this is my daily driver (approx 230-250rwkw) currently it feels nervous and unstable and not at all a joy to drive – I'm always fighting the car with every bump, divot and undulation in the road.

just a few questions... what spring rates do you recommend? – street use only (I want the car to feel fairly firm (sporty as you put it), just don't want my teeth to rattle every time the car finds a pothole..)

also just to confirm that both the front and the rear are height adjustable.

the other question is regarding the fabricated front strut that houses the insert - is that made by whiteline or someone else and will this affect my insurance if ever the tragic time comes that I need to make a claim.

Much appreciated :nyaanyaa:

G'day,

I've tried to PM but your inbox is full and I haven't been able to get through for days…. Can I order the 'Road kit' for my S14a with the adjustable sway bars. this is my daily driver (approx 230-250rwkw) currently it feels nervous and unstable and not at all a joy to drive – I'm always fighting the car with every bump, divot and undulation in the road.

just a few questions... what spring rates do you recommend? – street use only (I want the car to feel fairly firm (sporty as you put it), just don't want my teeth to rattle every time the car finds a pothole..)

also just to confirm that both the front and the rear are height adjustable.

the other question is regarding the fabricated front strut that houses the insert - is that made by whiteline or someone else and will this affect my insurance if ever the tragic time comes that I need to make a claim.

Much appreciated >_<

Try another PM, in couple of days please, as per above.

Regarding the strut legs, they are made by Bilstein in Australia. Since the front struts are "shock absorbers" they are "allowed" to be replaced. Just the same as the rear shock is a complete unit.

:D cheers :)

G'day,

Still no joy - inbox is still full...lol. just want to put in an order, know you must be busy. I'd like to order the Road kit with the upgrade to the adjustable sway bars for an S14a ('97). what spring rates would you recommend? this is my daily driver - has approx 230-250rwkw. car is on 18's, no idea what weight each rim is but i understand that this is a factor. ATM it feels like a sketchy, soggy, unpredictable mess, which is the complete opposite of what you want your car to feel like.

so how do i go about ordering the Kit from you??

can you please confirm quote $2190.70 (+ $62 difference in upgrade to adjustable sway bars)

total - $2252.70

can you please advise of bank details, also i know you must get asked this question daily but how long do you think it'll take with the back log of orders? delivery is still free for this kit, yeah? can you please PM with confirmation

Many Thanks Again :thumbsup:

Edited by Apex Trudger

• 1 month later...

Above - YES

Hi All

Matt here

To Anyone who could not get through, I am now answering PMs and all questions for Gary the best I can. With the new business extremely busy, we have been flat out, however gary is off on Holidays to the USA next week for 5 weeks. This does not mean that sales will hault, as I will personally be looking after all sales and enquiries from this point on. For anyone with more technical questions, there are some I can assist with, but any that I can not will be forwarded to Gary.

So please, PM me (I will check the GB threads when possible, but PM is best - I will supply an email address and a phone number for me)

Cheers

Matt

• 1 month later...

hey guys -- im not sure if this is gary or matt, but i NEED to place an order for the following items:

(2) S14 Front bilstein insert shocks

(4) S14 Rear shocks

(2) R33 GTR rear shocks

please email me at [email protected] so i can arrange payment and shipping, i hope this can get through to you!

• 11 months later...