SAU Community

Cops In Imports

AzzurrA

I was booked by an off duty cop in his 2003-2005 blue WRX :(

Last time an off duty cop told me to do anything I told him to stick it then drove off.... How did I know he was off duty? he was on his personal bike and he was in police PT gear, so I took a guess and assumed he was off duty coming from the police gym.

He didnt do squat. How teh eff did you manage to get a trafic infringement from an off duty officer?

Last time an off duty cop told me to do anything I told him to stick it then drove off.... How did I know he was off duty? he was on his personal bike and he was in police PT gear, so I took a guess and assumed he was off duty coming from the police gym.

He didnt do squat. How teh eff did you manage to get a trafic infringement from an off duty officer?

A cop is never off duty.

A cop will always remain on duty even when not rostered on for whatever hours he's not working.

And if a cop doesn't have his ticket book with him, be sure there will be either one coming to your door step or one in the mail.

what would actually happen if a u/c police car initiated a race with a person which resulted in a fatality?

They would get off as the commissioner has deamed it ok to do so as his job.

Officer writes up a report to his supervisor why he fitted it ok to initiate the race, supervisor signs, sends it to the Managing Co-ordinator.

It gets filed and referenced.

Police officer goes home to his wife.

Family of the victim cries and has to pay for damages.. and possibly damages toward "crown" property.

Judge Dread ftw people.

from what i understand to give you a ticket for anything, unless they are undercover, they have to be in full uniform - right down to wearing a their hat.

I dont think thats the case, A mate got fined by an off duty police officer at a shopping centre for screetching the tyres on the tractor they use to collect the trolleys ( he was a trolley boy ) this was a few years back now. But he was there with his family ( off duty police officer ) doing the shopping. my mate took it to court and lost he got a few hundred dollar fine and 1 point i think. so yeh...........

from what i understand to give you a ticket for anything, unless they are undercover, they have to be in full uniform - right down to wearing a their hat.

Common misconception, such as the one where people believe they can tell the police to get a warrant to search their car/look under the bonnet. Want a good hard and fast rule? Police can do almost anything they want, if you refuse, they will call on their special powers that entails all they require is "reasonable suspicion" or "reasonable cause" and you're stuffed anyway. If they do something wrong (or you think they did) take it to court (call a lawyer) the judge will decide and if the misconduct from the police outweighs the offence. You win.

However, for things such as searching your car or for anything actually (if you know you're guilty) you may as well make it hard as you can. Concenting only makes things easier as a concented search or admission of guilt makes it easy on the polices part. If they peform the search or whatever else through their own power, it may be deemed unreasonable and you might get the evidence excluded....chances are not good but if your guilty, deny, deny, deny, within reason.

note: This is not legal advice and should not be taken or acted upon as though it is. Consult a legal professional for your own legal advice before acting on any matter.

I dont think thats the case, A mate got fined by an off duty police officer at a shopping centre for screetching the tyres on the tractor they use to collect the trolleys ( he was a trolley boy ) this was a few years back now. But he was there with his family ( off duty police officer ) doing the shopping. my mate took it to court and lost he got a few hundred dollar fine and 1 point i think. so yeh...........

thats funny. cause last time i checked.. shopping centre carparks are not public roads. hence why it is ok to allow kids to learn to drive on them..?

police dont have jurisdiction over everything!.. and everywhere..

thats funny. cause last time i checked.. shopping centre carparks are not public roads. hence why it is ok to allow kids to learn to drive on them..?

um, no, they're not public roads, but they are classified as one and the same.

a public road is classified as anywhere that is easily accessible by a car (i.e. you can drive straight off the street into the carpark, its a sealed road, blah blah blah)

and no, i think you'll find that if you teach a kid (without a license/learners) in a shopping centre carpark, you'll get reamed just as hard as if driving unlicensed on the street

and yes, police DO have jurisdiction over everything, and everywhere..

hell, they can fine you for doing stuff in your own backyard!

well apparently they do.......... This is no made up story.

yes, police DO have jurisdiction over everything, and everywhere..

hell, they can fine you for doing stuff in your own backyard!

Correct. However sometimes their jurisdiction doesn't apply, such as on your own private property you can drive a car as you wish, however you cannot do this in public shopping centre carparks etc.

Correct. However sometimes their jurisdiction doesn't apply, such as on your own private property you can drive a car as you wish, however you cannot do this in public shopping centre carparks etc.

they can still do you for some driving offenses on your own property... i.e. if you're doing big burnouts etc, or you're driving it around with no exhaust etc.

they can still do you for some driving offenses on your own property... i.e. if you're doing big burnouts etc, or you're driving it around with no exhaust etc.

Road use management act doesn't apply to your own private property. Hence places like willowbank existing without people being fined.

:kiss:

A cop is never off duty.

A cop will always remain on duty even when not rostered on for whatever hours he's not working.

And if a cop doesn't have his ticket book with him, be sure there will be either one coming to your door step or one in the mail.

AHH Ian dont get in trouble again! (youve been told :glare:)

If you see a cop in a skyline, ask him to join SAU.

Besides defects, which I think for the most part are pretty silly infractions (pod filters - a danger to society?), we want the cops pulling over hoons and getting them off the street. We should not be engaging in behaviour (burnouts, racing, etc.) that should make us concerned when a cop pulls up behind us. If you are driving like that, I hope you get busted, because you ruin the reputation of the the rest of us who don't. If a cop incites you to race him and you do, then you should get busted for racing. The point of being part of a group like SAU is we have events where you can safely drag, drift, race on a track if you want to see what your car can do.

Guys, why antagonize the police? Off duty today - on duty tomorrow - then he sees you (or the next guy driving a skyline) driving down the street and pulls you over. Think he's going to treat you like you didn't tell him off? NO (gee, maybe he'll forget I told him off...duh). Think he wont pull over every 'line that he see 'cause "those skyline drivers are smart asses?" - He will. That type of behavious is simply stupid.