SAU Community

Have You Upgraded To A R34 From A R33?

Thank you very much for the great info!! Keep them coming if possible. .

Doesnt the 34 seem like a much bigger car than the 33 tho?

I like the lines of the 33.. very neat and simple!!

Maybe im just too attached to my car lol..

Did you guys pay more for insurance on the 34?

I hate to rub it in... but (as you find in my other thread) - the R33 is way much better looking than all the others... I'm talking about a full bodykit, nice rims, some rice and mods etc... then the R33 look-wise is just damn sexy... the lines, the curves, the corners, the back and the big lights... damn it... totally unresistable... I have the cash, I could have bought any car... but I specifically chose the R33... for it's elegance, looks and feel... nothing beats the R33... if you can afford it, the R33 GT-R is the king of the road... the R33 GTR can beat a R34 GTR stock....

Ok mate, I would just keep your ride... do some engine mods to it and keep it running well by regularly servicing it etc...

REgards,

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the 34 owners are going to say its an upgrade...

I personally prefer the looks of the 33 (series 2).. the 34 just doesnt do "it" for me..

However every time i look at my 33 i almost mess myself

The 34 was my long term upgrade goal.. but after seeing countless "ugly" ones im no longer interested.. although wouldnt refuse a 34GTR

Word. The R33 with nice mods (as I said before) + kit etc, look-wise is farken hot!! no-one can deny this!

nope its called choice... its this wonderful thing that allows us to have differing opinions..

how boring this world would be if we all loved the same thing..

I didnt say the 34 wasn't a newer/fresher/better car.. its purely asthetics for me..

I Prefer the look of the R33 (s2) over the R34..

same way i prefer the look of a VE SS over a XR6... even though im a ford man

I have to put my hand up again in support... you rock man + rep!!

Seriously, there are some people around that think new is better, new is faster, new is cooler etc.... fark that....

New doesn't mean shyte.... new means it comes out at a later date, re-designed etc... and yes, preference is what we all have in a free democratic world... I'll give you an example... older cars are more reliable, have much better interior and timeless looks, why? Because they were built to last, built to withstand, built to impress, built to 'awe' admirers... nowadays, it's all about quantity not quality...

Yeah sure, the R34 might have some good points and so does it's humble predecesor, the R32 etc... but hey, I must agree with you.. the R33 if modded right with appropriate bodykit etc... it will look the best out of all others... yeah sure, there's a shyte load of ungly-arse R33's out there... fact.... but there's also ugly R32s, R34's etc... just because someone likes an older car - others with newer cars says things like "dream one, you twart, you moran, weirdo etc..." WTF... maybe even if people had the cash for example (like I did), we would want your newer car if it jumped up and bit us on the arse... how about that ah??? LOL .... man, the R33 rocks.... to me (and hey, this is a democracy after all, right?) - I reckon it looks best... everyone is for themselves!

• 1 month later...
I do agree, that the r34s do look a lot bigger.. I dont really like the interior either.

The 33 is simple and so neat!! Maybe i might go the gtr route one day..

Yup i think i will take your advice jazza. Finish uni, find a proper job then think of upgrading..

But the 33s are everywhere.. Prices have dropped like crazy :(

Most of my mates are 33 nuts but if I compare my 34 against theirs....the 34 feels like a much newer car (which it is I guess). Plus I like the cockpit like feel in the 34...the 33 has a nice dash layout but it feels like a updated version of a 180SX dash.

And plus when you behind the wheel of a 34...you know you are in something special :woot:.

I have to put my hand up again in support... you rock man + rep!!

Seriously, there are some people around that think new is better, new is faster, new is cooler etc.... fark that....

New doesn't mean shyte.... new means it comes out at a later date, re-designed etc... and yes, preference is what we all have in a free democratic world... I'll give you an example... older cars are more reliable, have much better interior and timeless looks, why? Because they were built to last, built to withstand, built to impress, built to 'awe' admirers... nowadays, it's all about quantity not quality...

Yeah sure, the R34 might have some good points and so does it's humble predecesor, the R32 etc... but hey, I must agree with you.. the R33 if modded right with appropriate bodykit etc... it will look the best out of all others... yeah sure, there's a shyte load of ungly-arse R33's out there... fact.... but there's also ugly R32s, R34's etc... just because someone likes an older car - others with newer cars says things like "dream one, you twart, you moran, weirdo etc..." WTF... maybe even if people had the cash for example (like I did), we would want your newer car if it jumped up and bit us on the arse... how about that ah??? LOL .... man, the R33 rocks.... to me (and hey, this is a democracy after all, right?) - I reckon it looks best... everyone is for themselves!

I agree newer is not always better but in 9 out of 10 times it is. A R34 modded with the right kit will look hotter then a 33 on any day of the week and no i am not saying this because I own a 34. I was never a Skyline fan....loved it for being a nissan but that was it. I used to be a 180sx/Silva fan but when the time to get something new I did my research and usual investigation and decided the 34 was a much better choice when compared to the 33 & 32.

My 2 cents

I guess it does come down to personal choice..

Also i noticed that theres more room in the back off the 33 :whistling:

But i made my decision, to finish uni first, find my full time job, earn some cash, then upgrade..

Who knows.. maybe i might get a done up 350 or something lol..

I've owned a GTT for abit over a year now, only driven it for about 6 months though haha long story. Brother use to have a R33 Series 1.5 and it was a very nice car, clean interior, excellent engine and chassis was great too. Having that said I personally do prefer the R34 over the R33 because in my opinion; it looks nicer and has a nicer interior and I've always had a soft spot for the R34 shape.

But if I was you, I wouldn't sell your car and spend another $8-10k to get an R34, its not that much of an upgrade in my opinon and isn't worth it. I'd rather spend that amount to make your current car a MUCH NICER ride that you'll enjoy alot more then a close-to-stock R34 that is only marginally better than your car. I mean spend 5-10k on your R33 and you'd have a weapon that would make you smile everytime you get in the car. :D

EDIT: good choice, finish Uni first IMO before deciding to upgrade. Unless you are COMPLETELY sick of the car and can't stand it anymore then I wouldn't sell it, just keep it the way it is and save up for something better in future. I still love my car and plan to keep it for at least another 2 years so I'm going hard at the mods (well hard in my books, haha I'm a Uni student too).

Edited by Andi

First off I'll say hey, seems appropriate :)

I'm in a similar position as siddr20 as far as the R33 vs R34 question goes, except for in Siddr20's place I have a Suburu Liberty, which is quite clearly lacking in capacity, cylinders and a turbo or 2. And that isn't even going into that the Subie is 2WD... on the wrong wheels...

I have set aside so far roughly $25k which I want to cover the car, rego and insurance. Having a look around shows me that this is plently for a nice R33 GTS-t Series 2, but then it hits me... A) Thats alot of money... and more importantly B) I saved up this much, why not go for a R34, or even a R32 GT-R...

Out of any of these, I want to buy it and try and keep it stock (I'm told by nearly everyone that this is impossible, keeping it stock that is :D ). Guess I might be a little wierd in this way but meh. Also my main concerns are with cost to maintain (I'm no mechanic but I tell you changing the water pump on a RB30E is NOT fun!) and just how it feels to drive in general. Not very concerned with whats faster or goes around corners better... but they are pluses.

So here is the question, R33 GTS-T, R34 GT-T or R32 GT-R? Or even something I have not considered :) . I'm leaning towards the R33 for purely cost reasons, but I would like to know someone's oppinion who knows the cars.

I would add cars of the R31 series, but I know that I won't find one I'd be happy with.

I have considered a domestic car, but a combination of the reliability of my R31 Skyline (long story short, work horse all its life and the only thing that stops it from starting is the battery that is currently in a Magna :) ) and a mate of mine recently bought a Mitsubishi FTO and I'll admit I'm a little green over it :dry:

I want a little advice on this, as I feel that if I can't make up my mind I'll get some Grandpa mobile (like my brother's Magna :sick: ) or some Commonwhore.

Cass

Cheers for the advice ^^^

Its true, not much point selling mine, and saving up another 5-10k for a 34.. Unless you are rich and can afford it hahah

Cassbo- i would get the 33 for around 17k mark, and save the rest of the money. Trust me, something always pops up, and you will need the money asap..

No point saving up 25k, and buying a 25k car.. Coz if a issue arises, its good to have some sort of money saved up..

Wish i listened to myself sometimes hahahah..

you can have RWD action in a GTR too. and pulling out the front shaft is not necissary. you can either have pure trak ability with AWD or have some RWD fun when you want.

I'v been in the same circumstances as you. was deciding between r34 GTT or R33 GTR. GTR is the way to go if you have cash to maintain/ modify one. 2x diff, 2x turbo bla bla.

plus imo. GTR will always hold there value better than a GTT. Any GTR.

but if the cash isn't flowing like you wished then a 34 GTT is the way to go. still super fast capable car. just them hoons in wrx's might get you off the line and claim victory after 20 meters :laughing-smiley-014:

Edited by deant1

can i put my five cents in too, :)

i did the upgrade from 33 gtst to 34gtt and the only thing i miss is driving a manual.. went with the triptronic auto. with a few custom mods, lowering and interior changed to leather, the cars awsome..

can i put my five cents in too, :O

i did the upgrade from 33 gtst to 34gtt and the only thing i miss is driving a manual.. went with the triptronic auto. with a few custom mods, lowering and interior changed to leather, the cars awsome..

So there's basically no difference?

i own a 34 gtt and i've driven my friends 33 gtst and i have to say the 33 has a more racy feel than the 34, but the 34 has a comfortable feel.

both interiors look different but still modern and it all comes down to personal preference.

same goes for the exterior. one is a bit boxier than the other and the other is more round.

like what the other guys said, that extra 10,000 can make a 33 a very nice car and to your standards aswell.