You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Just a thought: have you looked up the part number on https://nissan.epc-data.com to see if it is shared with any other model? I know nothing about the ignition internals but if you can use one from a different car it might make the search a bit easier.
    • 18 years on this profile...damn i'm old. Though i've been lurking on SAU at least 21+ years as i had an older profile where i forgot the username/password haha. Good times  
    • Yes, well, that wouldn't work even if the sensor was compatible, as the pulse rate would be all wrong.
    • After some inspection it seems that the diff has a metal gear near the diff flange with the sensor slotting in a hole that hovers above it. I believe it is some sorta Hall effect sensor which reads the amount of rotations of the pinion to calculate the cars speed.  the 350z also uses this mechanism on the diff except it has it on either one of the diff flangers and 2 seperate speed sensors. I soldered the wires and i still have no reading.  might just go with the gps speedo at this stage haha
    • update i did some test and think the diff has a 3.3 ratio i also took it out and readjusted the offset bushing on the subframe which made the diff sit higher about the same as the stock r200 r34 diff.  (P.S : you'll need an 18mm spacer fabricated from your driveshaft to diff flange as there is a gap i think it might be unnecessary for some skylines   I have a HR34 which is also a 4speed automatic which is now slower with the smaller ratio as the OG ratio is 3.9. ill see whether or not ill change the ratio after i do my manual swap. I am putting in a RB20det gearbox in it honestly hoping the gearing will be better if not ill probably steal a crown and pinion from a g37 or some with the 3.9 ratio