SAU Community

Forget About The Love For A Second

Nth

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

02 sti model, get an ecu edit an an exhuast an wind up the boost, 2lt forged engy with a 6sp gb and awd not bad

to bad they are way overpriced in aus, wrx;s i mena

well any vehicle in aus is way bloody overpriced.... I really need someone to explain the whole reason why we have import tarifs etc?

dan_the_man Posted Today, 12:51 PM

wrx

ps let me kno when u get it so i can delete ur account

kthxbai

go and have a sook buddy, there are people on this site that dont own any skylines and still have evo's.

• 4 weeks later...

get the 32 dude, its rwd, your gonna have heaps more fun it in compared to the awd rex. plus your gonna have cash to mod the beast

oh and forget the 33's - they look like whales >_<

Edited by spin_psycle

Forget about how much you love skylines for a second. To make it quick what should i get 98 WRX or a 93 R32 GTS-T. The only major reason i can think that the WRX is better is its a bit newer but all in all what are the pro's and con's of the cars?

Depends what you want to do with it and more importantly how it's been looked after for both.

Chances are most of what you will look at will be crap because both cars are typically driven hard.

If you could find a perfect stock example of each, for the same money, a WRX is probably a better buy

for both street and track.

Our last (98) WRX with unichip, exhaust, k&n panel, track pads and semis was good for 1.09.09 around Wakefield.

I did 250k kms in it (had it from new) with the last 210k being on 17psi boost (124awkw @ CRD) with regular track time.

Replaced one clutch @ 120k and one wheel bearing @ about 170k or so. They don't eat gearboxes if you don't wind

the wick up too much; nor do they eat clutches if you don't spend all your time launching them. They are a fun car

and the stock suspension on a 98 WRX will be in much better than stock '93 suspension.

Regards,

Saliya

a friend of mine drives a my99 wrx but is very conservative when it comes to launching due to the gearbox going a number of times. they're also not as fast as a rear wheel drive car on rolling runs, and can have some understeer issues. apart from that they're fairly well built cars

Edited by detster

02 sti model, get an ecu edit an an exhuast an wind up the boost, 2lt forged engy with a 6sp gb and awd not bad

to bad they are way overpriced in aus, wrx;s i mena

well any vehicle in aus is way bloody overpriced.... I really need someone to explain the whole reason why we have import tarifs etc?

lol, car in aussie is very very CHEAP if you compare it to vehicle's price in malay,indonesia or singapore..

for instance if you buy camry in indonesia, with that money you can buy e class or 5 series here..that explains why so many asian student got nice cars, coz it's cheap!!

Edited by BiAsA

WRX arent very fast stock... and yes they're gearboxes are notorius for dying

Go a 32 and mod it with the extra $$$

32's arent very fast stock either, thier gearbox's arent much stronger, a bit of extra power and they snap like twigs.... sounds very familiar eh...

talk price range, if your comparing 20k, compare that with other 20k cars atleast.

cars are cheap in aus ? really, i was under the impression cars here cost a fortune compared to many other places in the world. south east asian countries not with standing I would suspect we are over proced.... thats the point of tarifs isnt it ?