SAU Community

Tokyo Itinerary - Speedshops

Thanks Beer Baron, Now I feel at ease!

Must've been about them blitzing modded cars or just plain bullshit...can't exactly remember where I read it either...

Anyway, will definitely check it out. Will be a Friday or Saturday night too, so it should hopefully be decent.

On another note, similar to the OP, I want to check out some workshops and parts stores.

Just wondering what the best place is to pick up used bits or hard to find stuff. I know Yahoo is great for this, but I don't have an account and I think it would be very hard to organise to bid on stuff and get it delivered to my hotel or pick it up on a 2 week trip.

I'm particularly interested in electronics like Pivot meters and gauges and Defi Gauges and parts for my Y31 Cima. Also, VIP goods like Garson and Junction Produce (these I might buy new...depends on the price and availiability of second hand stuff). Stuff like curtains, dash tables etc.

If any of you lads have any ideas on that, they would be greatly appreciated. I'm going with my mate who isn't that much into cars, so will probably only spend around one full day (spread out b/w a few days) looking at car stuff, but will still be good.

Cheers guys

I just came back from Japan. Visited a couple of speed shops.

Many thanks to those that have assisted me with directions. Really appreciate it lots.

Too bad I can't visit Daikoku PA due to transport issues. :(

Here's a small write up about my trip to Japan.

Click HERE

Ok thanks very much,

Going next Friday night, what time is best to arrive there.

Heres another map for those who are interested in checking this out one day, if ever in Japan.

http://map.goo.ne.jp/mapb.php?MAP=E139.40....30.203&SZ=2

Heres another map guys

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://bbs.k...mp;t=k&om=1

and a video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...hyrev&hl=en

still not sure which ramp to get off

the one that has a sign saying daikoku PA.

like I posted earlier:

"yes, but you want daikoku PA. in the middle of the spirally bit. basically if coming from tokyo you'll be coming from the left of that map, then you'll go around like a corkscrew (clockwise) to get down to daikoku PA."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carasky

hey guys this thread is full of awesome stuff i am about to go there in 20days woohoo... anyhow for all you i wannas i wanna and gonna's jetstar is havin some sort of sale for 2 people to go there like rite now it will cost you only around 500pp return including taxs to go there so now is the time to jump on the band wagon common guys...

Guest carasky

yeah i have thanx... most people do read things before they post them... maybe i should make it more clear... does anyone have a map of where Daikoku when you look at a map of the city tokyo? I can see that there is a map above but seeing as i dont read jap it is no help...

Guest carasky

i know but im looking for a map of tokyo thats a little more map like (not something that looks like its off a cartoon).... almost like a melway but of the whole of tokyo...

don't think i'm being a prick cause i'm not. and i dont mind helping people out (i even drove a whole van load full of dudes to daikoku PA once) but sometimes it's good to help yourself a bit too :(

there is a map. in english. it even has the street names. the prefecture, everything you could possibly need. as for a whole map of tokyo and it's roads you would need a football field to spread that baby out and have it in any readable size. and cartoon map? it just looks like a normal map to me, and better than most (ie more detailed). if you can't figure it out from that you have pretty close to zero chance of making it there if you are driving.

FYI Yokohama Bay Bridge is a massive landmark, and it's marked on that map. and you will be taking that bridge from tokyo. and yes I posted this info already in this thread. :D

Heading there soon myself actually Carasky. Didnt get fares quite that cheap tho!! Daikoku is in Yokohama basically...it's a fair way out I believe (like 30-40 mins out of Tokyo proper). Even if you had a fairly big map of Tokyo, it most probably wouldnt get that far down!! Anyway, hope you enjoy your trip, how long are you away for?

BeerBaron, I think I've worked out that Tokyo is to the top of that map (?)... up that way. Unless it is kinda around the wrong way?? I compared it to the google map that icandy posted and it definitely looked like "up" to Tokyo. Left looked like it went to Yokohama city. Anyway, not meaning to have a go, I'm just confused as many people seem to be when talking Daikoku. lol :(

Do you have any advice on how to get there from lower suburbs of Tokyo (meguro to be precise).

I think it's expressway all the way once you sort of get out of the city, but how do you get onto the expressway, or where does it start?

Any tips would be awesome! Cheers

Guest carasky

Hey yeah i'm going to japan on the 27th of may for 10 days so i cant wait. Like you i was also wondering the best way to get there from the city. When are you going over?

went last friday night, not bad turn out however I wished I could of stayed later in the night.

ended up catching a taxi there from Yokohama station and somehow managed to call a taxi to pick us up as well.

cost about $100 there and back ($50 each way)

I recommend staying at Yokohama overnight as last train that leaves to Tokyo is about midnight.

Otherwise the best method to get there will probably be to get an international licence from NRMA and hire a car to drive there, not too hard to get there.

Guest carasky

can anyone give me the exact address of these places. if you could when givin me the address please cut and paste the list below and place the addy next to them that will be awesome as i am sure it will make it easier for others goin there to refer to this list..cheers guys.

1) NISMO OMORI FACTORY

2) Nissan HQ/Gallery

3) TOP SECRET

4) CRYSTAL (Near Top Secret?)

5) SUPER AUTOBACS

6) UPGARAGE

8) VEILSIDE

9) ZELE INTERNATIONAL

and ofcoarse add anyothers that are really worth seeing.

Edited by carasky