SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

STATUS

Need some advice,

I have a Emanage Ultimate with a N-4 harness to suit R33 GTR.

I’m hoping to install this in my 1995 R33 GTR-V (standard)

Now after reading the instructions I am a little confused with this N-4 plug & play harness and the splicing of the Maf wiring ?

If my understanding is correct, even though it is a plug & play harness I need to carry out some wiring mods.

Can anyone clear this up for me, or point me in the right direction ?

Cheers

Kerry

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its direct plug&play. No need to change anything if u got r33 gtr harness and have r33 gtr car )) If u got gts-t, u have to swap a couple of wires around.

Edited by robots

Thanks for the reply,

I have plugged the unit in and it runs, all be it very rich.

I'm getting a Maf2 not detected fault. Looking at the wiring it would appear that both Maf signals join into one feed for the standard comp?, but may need splitting for Emanage?

No one else has done this on a GTR? Great love been the first. Hahahahaha

Hey, do u run the latest firmware ? My emu on rb20det was also running rich in standard. I was playing around with inj. options and got it to idle with good afrs, but than I had some fuel cut on high load. In the end, 2.16 firmware fixed that. Still got to sort out some stuff, but it runs decent now.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/pc/ultima..._Vmanage109.exe

Hope it helps.

Think it running 2.13, will have to check that.

The Maf2 or can no detect Maf2 fault is the one I can't find any info on.

Will keep play with it, I'm sure with some hacking it will come good.

Cheers, he must be busy at the moment.

As I sent him a Pm last week.

I'm away at work at the moment, But hope to do a little bit of good old trial and error with this when I get home.

If nothing else comes up.

Cheers

Cheers, he must be busy at the moment.

As I sent him a Pm last week.

I'm away at work at the moment, But hope to do a little bit of good old trial and error with this when I get home.

If nothing else comes up.

Cheers

Sorry been in hk, china and japan til tonight.

If your std comp has both wires joined at the ecu (i think i read that above) there must be an issue somewhere in the car. The front cut i got to use in cats car was the same... it turned out it was mapped to run them this way.

i would join on the emanage harness both maf wires so it sees the same signal the ecu was before.. should fix your maf signal fault.

i would also look to see WHY they are spliced at the ecu just in case there is something that may bite your ass later on down the track.

What I've noticed is that Greddy have changed the RB20 inj. lag time in the latest update(2.16). It was 0.70ms before, which I think is right. And now its 0.

still confused ))

tis a funny thing this latency adjustment, uchida-san has told me to use 0 in both fields if using std injectors and to chance it only when upgrading.... but some older EMU prefer to have some adj in there.. i have played with a few settings and got good results so tryinputing a few values between 0-0.7 and see where it runs best at. It always works fine with larger injectors i found.

It is a very rare issue but i have come accross it. Usually updating the EMU fixes it.

Hmmm.I have the latest firmware(That came with 2.16 software), then I got the 9xxx series ultimate, version E.

I still have some kind of fuel cut around 140-150km/h in 3rd/4th/5th gear.

When playing with inj. latency, should I adjust both values?(old and new) or just the new inj latency value ?

Thanks, Trent !

yeah I changed my latency to 0 and it ran like shit

Found that on .7ms it runs way better

it must be a trial and error sort of thing

I connected an LC-1 to my car last night so I shall see what effect it has on my car

Hey all,

I tried starting my RB20 the other night for the first time with the ultimate.

It has a map loaded on it for 550cc injectors, z32 afm so I can just get the car started.

I have spark and the fuel pump runs when I manually spin the CAS, but no injectors firing. Any ideas?

Could there be a problem with the settings (possibly latency) with the injectors, or perhaps the map has wiped itself? I need to get a lap top onto it to have a snoop, but until then any suggestions on what to look out for would be helpful.

Also, the car starts fine without the emanage.

Cheers

-Jez

Hey all,

I tried starting my RB20 the other night for the first time with the ultimate.

It has a map loaded on it for 550cc injectors, z32 afm so I can just get the car started.

I have spark and the fuel pump runs when I manually spin the CAS, but no injectors firing. Any ideas?

Could there be a problem with the settings (possibly latency) with the injectors, or perhaps the map has wiped itself? I need to get a lap top onto it to have a snoop, but until then any suggestions on what to look out for would be helpful.

Also, the car starts fine without the emanage.

Cheers

-Jez

hey i finish my course on wed night i can come round any day after that... name a time i'll bring some jb's and we will get it sorted. is it ready other than that for tuning ? maybe kill two birds with one stone?

Dont worry about ACSPLIT he is still cut he drives his mums car :ermm:

hey i finish my course on wed night i can come round any day after that... name a time i'll bring some jb's and we will get it sorted. is it ready other than that for tuning ? maybe kill two birds with one stone?

Dont worry about ACSPLIT he is still cut he drives his mums car :P

Hey man,

I'll give you a call tonight or tomorrow and organise a time. :D

I'd love to kill two birds but I still need to put the clutch in and get my front wheels back from being widened LOL....and it would look weird tuning a car that is just a shell and in primer P

LOL @ AC, I remember three years ago it was all WOLF3D for you...... nah, just teasin ;)

I've did some more runs yesterday. Tried different inj. lag time. If I remember correctly this time I've used 0.15ms lag time, compared to the greddy default 0.00ms lag time. I tried everything from 0.55 to 0.15.But it was running rich on idle. So I just went lower.

It seems like a fuel cut or something but only in the higher gears.

Like if I accelerate hard in 2nd, 3rd, 4th I just hit the factory 180km/h speed limiter. While accelerating in the higher rpms I can feel I got some missfires. Like small pops from exhaust. Very annoying.

If I start accelerating hard in 4th gear I just bump into this fuel cut around 160km/h. In higher rpms I also have this fuel drop outs. You can see them in datalog very clearly. Inj. input duration just cuts out and comes in again.

In 5th gear I just hit that fuel cut earlier like 140-150m/h. And syou still get this misfires while revving.

I just don't understand why is it happening ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks!

EMU_Test_Drive_datalog_30.01.2008.zip

Edited by robots