SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

STATUS

Trent, maybe when you have a spare minute could you share some tips and tricks with us ? ))

And some of the stuff on the 1st page is really interesting, but still empty. Like AUTO TUNE, IGNITION TYPES, OPTIONAL INPUTS, DATA LOGGING

It would really be awesome to get as much info on the EMU as possible. DIY EMU users are starving from insufficient amount of info on EMU. I guess anyone outside Japan encountered lots of problems/questions/disinformation about EMU. And it would be really great that someone could share first hand experience with all of the emu freaks out there ))

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to tune in closed loop areas disconect the o2 sensor. Also dont use the airflow adjustment map use the injector map.

happy tuning :D

I tried using the injector map to clean up the really light throttle and idle afr, but the factory ECU brought all the values back to lambda. I then unplugged the o2 sensor and it did what I told it, plugged the bugger back in, and then it took it back to where it thought it should be.

Two things from that:

1. Is the computer really only useful when the factory goes into closed loop mode?

2. What revs / TPS value does the factory ECU go into closed loop mode?

Cheers,

Yet another ignorant EMU tuner :blush:

I tried using the injector map to clean up the really light throttle and idle afr, but the factory ECU brought all the values back to lambda. I then unplugged the o2 sensor and it did what I told it, plugged the bugger back in, and then it took it back to where it thought it should be.

Two things from that:

1. Is the computer really only useful when the factory goes into closed loop mode?

2. What revs / TPS value does the factory ECU go into closed loop mode?

Cheers,

Yet another ignorant EMU tuner :D

depending on car if you trim up the injectors correctley you dont need to play with idle or cruise (closed loop) but some car i will either leave the o2 unplugged and tune both idle and cruise (to getter better than std fuel economy) or you can foole the o2... best bet is leave it off if you are having major issues.

Thanks, I think thats what I will do...

Last question for this minute. I am currently running my jumper setting on 5v, not on 12v (its a s2 r33). Will this cause any problems??? I have been driving it around for approx 400km since installing and haven't had issues as yet...

Edited by nuclear_skyline

i prefer 12v as it gives a cleaner signal.... less circuitry to pass the signal through.

physics is pyhsics if its got 5v going in it can only have 5v coming out... so running 5v through the 12v circuit does not mean it gets boosted... the 12v circuit is really just a straight in/out bridge whereas the 5v input expects a 5v input and the circuitry is all 5v that it passes through.

so simply you are running 5v through nothing when using the 12v jumper so it gets a cleaner signal. :P

use injector map 2 and set your scale from where you want to clean up, for example you have a weird spot at 6250 you camn actually run the map scale from 6000 to 7000 (6000-6500 etc) and have the scale real specific around your problem (see attached pic)

you can do the same with timing. All secondary maps work on top of map 1 so any adjustments on map2 will be added to map1 ; so if you have plus 15% fuel in map1 at 6250 and 5% at 6250 in map2 you will have a total of 20% extra fuel at 6250.

hope it helps

yeah mate thats just what I wanted. thanks

Trent, maybe when you have a spare minute could you share some tips and tricks with us ? ))

And some of the stuff on the 1st page is really interesting, but still empty. Like AUTO TUNE, IGNITION TYPES, OPTIONAL INPUTS, DATA LOGGING

It would really be awesome to get as much info on the EMU as possible. DIY EMU users are starving from insufficient amount of info on EMU. I guess anyone outside Japan encountered lots of problems/questions/disinformation about EMU. And it would be really great that someone could share first hand experience with all of the emu freaks out there ))

i have a pretty crazy car coming up for an EMU install so i will take extra time to finish off those screen grabs and get them up.

i have a pretty crazy car coming up for an EMU install so i will take extra time to finish off those screen grabs and get them up.

In the English Manual, Chapter 12 (Data Logging) was not included.

If you check the Japanese version, you'll see a few pages of interesting stuff (I just can't understand japanese :) )

does anyone have a translated version?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know what to write anymore. I was really keen to try out EMU again today. And look what happened lol. It didn't work as it should. Once again.

What I did find out is when you add fuel in the inj. map car goes better. I added 5%.

If I subtract 5%. Car doesn't rev past 3-4k rpm and jerks. Similar to no fuel/fuel cut.

Something to do with EMU intercepting INJ. signal.

Drove car around for some more with +5% fuel. After about 3-4min. of spirited driving it started to missfire again. Like a cylinder shut down. Happened before. Car sounded like a v8.

Cranking engine again didn't fix this problem. I did a couple of datalog runs. So will post them tomorrow.

TPS reads lower than Factory in EMU and is unstable. TPS value fluctuates all the time. Lets say factory TPS through Consult reads 0.46 at min. EMU reads 0.43-0.44. Max value is pretty much the same as stock ecu. But also fluctuates.

I'm getting really pissed and disappointed. Its been more than 6 months since I got EMU. And I still can't make it run like "greddy" said it should. And I've even bought the engine specific harness.

Greddy, give me my time back ! LOL

I don't even know what to write anymore. I was really keen to try out EMU again today. And look what happened lol. It didn't work as it should. Once again.

What I did find out is when you add fuel in the inj. map car goes better. I added 5%.

If I subtract 5%. Car doesn't rev past 3-4k rpm and jerks. Similar to no fuel/fuel cut.

Something to do with EMU intercepting INJ. signal.

Drove car around for some more with +5% fuel. After about 3-4min. of spirited driving it started to missfire again. Like a cylinder shut down. Happened before. Car sounded like a v8.

Cranking engine again didn't fix this problem. I did a couple of datalog runs. So will post them tomorrow.

TPS reads lower than Factory in EMU and is unstable. TPS value fluctuates all the time. Lets say factory TPS through Consult reads 0.46 at min. EMU reads 0.43-0.44. Max value is pretty much the same as stock ecu. But also fluctuates.

I'm getting really pissed and disappointed. Its been more than 6 months since I got EMU. And I still can't make it run like "greddy" said it should. And I've even bought the engine specific harness.

Greddy, give me my time back ! LOL

-what engine is this on? many mods like more boost etc?

-have you set your boost limit cut settings?

-um are you using a wideband to set your afr's??

-I just manually entered in my tps voltages, I don't think it will matter if it is 0.01V off, its only used for data logging anyway as far as I can tell.

-What firmware is your emanage running? Ive had my map corrupted 3 times when uploading which made the car run total crap, only fixed by making a new map.

-Also found my o2 sensor was giving me a crappy idle (hunting) so I disconnected it.

-hope some of this might help somehow, please note that i'm a total amateur when it comes to tuning but I've been playing with the emange for a month or so and have got mine going pretty darn good.

RB20DET. Reads some of my posts before.

Newest firmware. I used wideband. Innovate. I can't even make it run like factory, so I didn't even try to tune it before I make it run perfectly ok.

are you running stock injectors? bigger turbo? my car barely ran with these mods on an un-tuned emanage, mainly because of the base injector parameters

(i'm not going to go back through 30 pages to look for your posts)

edit:

I found a couple of your posts, noticed you have ignition fault when you hook up the diagnostic consult, I actually get that fault as well (31 or something?)

Edited by SevenAngryPenguins

error code 21. I also get error code 43. (TPS circuit) EMU doesn't pick up the TPS signal correctly. Actually with universal harness it did a good job picking it up.

Stock engine. Stock inj. Stock turbo. Only fmic, fuel pump and exhaust.

So I'm lost again.

ive just mounted the Emu into my R34GTT engine, my question is since this enigne uses a mapsensor for boost cut, do i connect this to the analogue in/out put and then set these in the program as pressure in/out and choose the hitachi map sensor in the droplist?

ive just mounted the Emu into my R34GTT engine, my question is since this enigne uses a mapsensor for boost cut, do i connect this to the analogue in/out put and then set these in the program as pressure in/out and choose the hitachi map sensor in the droplist?

yes that is one way of doing it.