SAU Community

Social Night / Day

Whiplash

Depending on the date, I should be down for this.

I did some looking into with these two activities (ie. paintballing & go-karting) when I was considering what we could do for the next SAU social event but, seems you beat me to it Nick :wave:

Thought I'd share some of the places on offer:

> Paintball Sports - Has several locations down south. I've been to the Kuitpo Field & played several of their scenarios & had a blast.

> Paintball Park - in Elizabeth West - Tried out one with joint fields. Has modern layout & facilities.

> Paintball Adventures - in Gawler. Haven't been yet.

There are others (eg. Indoor Paintball, Pt Adelaide & Skirmish SA) but, didn't find them that great. To make it worthwhile would have to make a full day out of it - skirmish & BBQ.

Go-Karting:

> Kart Mania, Richmond

Kart Mania, Gepps Cross - Fairly booked out if planning a Grand Prix format in April. Apparently no longer has the bridge to drift on :kiss:

> Ports Elliot Pits - Fast track, not a fan of the pot holes but, the 2 strokes are fun. Hopefully they've forgotten my little incident where we were booted off the track :glare::kiss:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least that way we can get 30 or more people and have more tagets to shoot then just poor old amanda...

:wave: i just noyiced you said "poor OLD Amanda" damn it, i'm not OLD yet :glare:

> Paintball Adventures - in Gawler. Haven't been yet.

There are others (eg. Indoor Paintball, Pt Adelaide & Skirmish SA, Henley Beach) but, didn't find them that great. To make it worthwhile would have to make at least half a day out of it - skirmish & BBQ.

oh wow I didn't know there was a paintball thing just out of Gawler

i think choose Gawler for paintballing coz then i don't have far to travel :kiss: :kiss:

paintball sounds good to me.

id recommend the field in eliz, it isnt huge, but the prices are pretty decent, cant remember exactly how much, but it was stupidly cheap compared to say, pt adelaide.

but then, ive never been go karting before... so im pretty keen on that, lol.

yeah im keen on gokarting as im not a big fan on running and the out doors thing :unsure: but if its paintball in a show of good sports i will try to make it

needing a new clutch in the car so theres a grand gone there so hopefully the wallet recovers quickly

yeah i spoke to andrew about this over the weekend and he kindly pointed out the issues he has had in the past with trying to set up a paintball session.

A - price

B - Deposit (going on past experience there is always a large list and only a handfull turn up)

but then again go karting has its issue due to the karts being so uneven it not funny then theres the weight problem. I remeber that lonsdale used to do 80lap races where you pair up and do 20 lap stints which helped to even out the wieght issue as you can pair up accordingly.

so i'll still look into a few things before anything is sorted out (may just try and take advantage of the good weather and have a BBQ at victor ect before winter sets in )

hey ppls id be up for a lunch somewhere and a cruise

not to keen on anything else but that combo has seemed to work in the past

mike

I'd possibly be up for something like go-karting. Don't really have the time & money to spend most of a day going paintballing at the moment since I bugger off OS late next month for a while....

im up for go karting an a bbq some where
hey ppls id be up for a lunch somewhere and a cruise

not to keen on anything else but that combo has seemed to work in the past

mike

BBQ at a park sounds good

im in for that

half of us could go paintballing and the other half can meet up down at the local RSL for some scones and knitting lessons.

then we can catch up for a boost afterwards.

:rofl:

Im in for paintballing for sure, ^I like scones^

Sounds like some people need to harden the f*ck up none of this 'Im scared of being shot' boo f*cken hoo

Sounds like some people have been to see Ronnie Johns recently. Great live show. :rofl:

As stated in my other post.

I can get cheaper prices then listed on the site.

My ex gf works with the part owner of this paintball place.

Have a look see.

Paintball Fever

I will need numbers in who is keen to come. And a deposit from everyone that is keen.

I also understand that its going to be a long and expensive day again. Im more worried about the driveway to the area as it is all dirty roads. :rofl:

Edited by R32_4door_drifting

i thought you said your friend was down south..

that site is out past the other end of the world....

the trouble with that place tho is its all flat man made field's.

the places down south are all hilly with natural courses with creeks etc.

it makes it a lot more fun when you not only have to look left and right but up and down also.

for people that havent been before, camo clothing is all provided within the initial startup cost.

and for those that dont want to stick there head up i might have to get a few paint grenades...

there allways fun...

cheers

Daniel