SAU Community

Installed Hids On My R33!

sl33ek

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such thing as a good kit period. Halogen housings have different optics to xenon housings, so they cannot focus the light properly. End of story. The only option is a retrofit of oem hid into the housing.

I'm guessing that you hvae an r34 gtt? with the xenons that have been converted from compliance?

I forgot the blokes name, but there's someone with a black r34 on here who put a kit converted headlights. The light output was crap, because the kit puts the focal point of the bulb in the wrong spot.

Go oem. r34 headlights aren't that expensive. I've seen them go for $600 for the pair in perfect nic.

hmm how do i get OEM?? I contacted my car dearler.. 1 guy said ok.. and another told me they can't do it (bastard).. it'll cost me 800 bucks and that he'll (the guy who said that it can't be done) ask his 'friend' about it..

is 600 bucks about the price for them to make it OEM R34 xenon headlights for me?

heers

i've seen halogen (4 door/non turbo) assemblies go for $600, but watching what people are finding over in the Slidewize R34 gear thread, low $900's is the lowest i've seen him quote how much a pair of xenons will cost from the yahoo auctions (delivered)

If you look at your lights evil, do you see the word 'Xenon' embossed anywhere?

i've seen halogen (4 door/non turbo) assemblies go for $600, but watching what people are finding over in the Slidewize R34 gear thread, low $900's is the lowest i've seen him quote how much a pair of xenons will cost from the yahoo auctions (delivered)

If you look at your lights evil, do you see the word 'Xenon' embossed anywhere?

I'm looking at those Xenon HID kits on eBay, sells for around $200-$600.

Thinking of getting 1 but dunno if it'll fit or not, what's the criteria?

And does any1 know the diff between xenon & bi-xenon ones?

110% gtst - have you read a single thing that was said in this thread? If you had, then obviously, you wouldn't buy it.

nah not really, maybe the 8000k bulb will be less blinding, anyway does the Series I & II both have H1s?

ali, check out Ronin's thread.

The projector's with HID kits are passable from what i've heard. Obviously not the best option.

how handy are you with building things, electrics, etc? maybe you can do a retro fit yourself.

Ronin (marcus) still had some Honda Euro projectors according to his thread, maybe give him a buzz and see? If it's clean cut off you want, hard to go passed a Euro projector

hey ali,

The link that gohan posted up is spot on the money. It is the only 'Real' and 'proper' way of doing things.

r32 headlights are renouned for being the crappest lights ever. If you don't want to go the retrofit option, the best light you can get is probably a set of plus 50 bulbs, relayed so that they get the full 13.8 volts (instead of the 10-11 volts they usually get).