SAU Community

Stock R32 Gtst With Pod Only!

i test drove an r32 today but didn't buy it coz it was pretty f**ked. anyways, the car was a stocker only mod it had was a POD air filter....

i must say i was pretty f**kin surprised at how loud those things spool up :P from 2.5-3000rpms all you hear is SSSSSSSSSS

and now almost a whole day later and i just can't get that sound out of my head i'm obsessed with it. i'm talking about the turbo spool up on an RB20 ofcourse i dont know if sound wise its the same as an RB25 (R33) ?

i am definately buying an RB powered car now ffs the thing only had a pod :P

if anyone has any sound files or something please post it up i cannot get enough of that noise!!!

cheers

looked all over youtube there are some good ones but yeah not exactly the noise i'm after...

don't think i'll ever get sick of driving a car that sounds like that lol. i mean i've heard lots of skylines drive by that sound similar but its only when your actually in the car or driving it that you get to attached to it :P

I had a DRIFT pod on mine and the sound was sweet as and pretty loud. couldnt keep it on often on account of the 2 induction mods but dam it sounded sweet. Like that guy said above, it'll save you buying a bov, you wont have to worry about a drop in performance and unlike the venting bov's which only make noise when u back off, with a pod youll get a loud induction noise then an even louder bov noise but in the same tone (as opposed to a quiet whine then a shhhhht). sounds sweet!

haha I have a r32 with apexi pod and stock bov. It's so loud on boost. Love the sound.

I'll try and record my car later tonight if you still after the sound.

I heard the r33 bov is louder than r32 and can be swapped onto the r32 :D

Edit:

Im at uni atm so cant hear sound;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AazMf9pucx0

Does this vid have the pod sound?

haha I have a r32 with apexi pod and stock bov. It's so loud on boost. Love the sound.

I'll try and record my car later tonight if you still after the sound.

I heard the r33 bov is louder than r32 and can be swapped onto the r32 :dry:

Edit:

Im at uni atm so cant hear sound;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AazMf9pucx0

Does this vid have the pod sound?

yes you should record yours :(

nah that clip doesn't sound anything like it lol.

basically any turbo car will make that induction noise with a pod. my mate had major timing issues (timing belt jumped a tooth) on his CA18 powered 180 and it would spool from 1500rpm. it wouldn't go anywhere (probably would've run about a 30 second 1/4 mile, and i'm not joking), but it sure sounded fast. but some pods won't make any noise. the k&n pods that are bigger at the top than where they clamp onto the intake don't make any spool noise, but you can hear the bov. i had one on my old 180sx and a mate had one on his r33. but soon as you change to a normal pod you can hear it again.

^^ driven a 180sx(sr20) and and an r32 both stock except for a pod. there's a huge difference with the induction/spool/loudness etc. both had the same pod aswell......well they looked the same anyway..

Edited by R-SPEC

I have a 3" turbo back exhaust with high flowed cat and a Simota pod filter on my 32. Otherwise the engine side of thigs are stock. With these I get massive amounts of induction noise and quite a loud bov sound also. If I turn off stereo I can hear bov when i release accelerator at any revs... and at 100km/h there is constant induction sound. I like it!