SAU Community

Bonnet Venting

I was offered a bonnet vent on the weekend and initially I dismissed the idea out of hand, but I thought about it a bit more and it does make sense for a boosted car to get some of the excess heat out. Has anyone here done it and what sort of vent did you use?

I don't think I will use the one I was offered (butt ugly) but if I did do it, where abouts would be the best place to put it?

Also, if anyone has any photo's of the underside of a bonnet with the noise blanket removed I would love to see them.

yep carbon fibre FTW!

unfortunately there is no way the finances will stretch that far, besides, with my cars complete lack of aero, including the std front lip, I think it would look plain silly. I am really chasing function over form here, but at the same time I dont want it to look like I was a honda owner in a previous life :dry:

yep carbon fibre FTW!

unfortunately there is no way the finances will stretch that far, besides, with my cars complete lack of aero, including the std front lip, I think it would look plain silly. I am really chasing function over form here, but at the same time I dont want it to look like I was a honda owner in a previous life :dry:

you dont need your car for us to know that. he he.

umm you could just find a simple vent. then get a panel beater to mould it into the bonnet. not hard for someone with knowhow.

*biatch slaps the pommy car driver*

I was actually a card carrying certified trevmobile driver....

still got half a wardrobe full of Ford apparell.

I know this won't be hard, but I want to figure out the best place to put it with out having to cut through braces etc.

well my fav bonnet for the stag is the one made by Masa, and Masa also state that the cars engine temps drop by 10deg using their bonnet, pitty its like over a grand shipped to my door and unfortunately i have way more important things to buy before a bonnet

I know my carbon fibre bonnet on my 32 makes a world of difference to the temp it runs at, especially on a warm day with the air con on!

You could go drift spec and put spacers on the back edge of the bonnet to raise it slightly to allow some more airflow! Would be more legal too, cos i know the po po arent a fan of my bonnet! :rofl:

You could go drift spec and put spacers on the back edge of the bonnet to raise it slightly to allow some more airflow!

Hrm, completely stock wagon with NO aero at all, with a drift spec raised bonnet rear....

Nah that wouldn't look wanky AT ALL! I might go and get some "V-Tec Yo" stickers when I pick up the spacers...:rofl:

I know my carbon fibre bonnet on my 32 makes a world of difference to the temp it runs at, especially on a warm day with the air con on!

Picsorban

very very noice! :happy:

the police hassle you about that bonnet? I would have thought they would pay more attention to the wing, but...*shrug*

I was more thinking about just putting in something along the lines of the 2 vents on either side.

dont forget you can get those vents that sorta dip INTO the bonnet rather than sitting proud of the bonnet line.

We have not taken delivery of our stagea yet but I think its got some pretty nice lines completely un modified.

IF you go fora vent just get something with a fairly low profile and get it mounted nice and tidy, the last time I Got a vent fixed up he used something like a glue to mould it onto the Bonnet.. looked the goods!

maybe ask around and get someone to do a photoshop for you?

good luck matey!

Remember vents cannot face backwards either, it is not legal. Always make sure if you install vents that they face forwards.

I believe this is in case the engine kerplodes, and oil sprays everywhere it won't shoot straight onto the windscreen and blind the driver.

That may be a myth, but you still can't have rearward facing vents.