SAU Community

Dodgy Things You Have Done To Your Cars

Had a red 83 sigma. Got bored. Got drunk. Got a paint roller out and put white gt stripes over it.

Instant bogan car. Had to kick the passenger front door to get it to close, or it swing open. Had no fuel guage or speedo. Cable tied everything. Drilled a hole in the exhaust.

Sold it for a carton of rum. The dude who bought was soo ripped off.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate wanted his car painted so him and a mate got spray cans n painted it in a shed... but when they got to the sides there wasnt enough room so they were up close to the car and the cans were to close to car so the paint ran every where. hahah it looked so shit

one time i tried to put a new stereo in my vl but i did it in the late afternoon but then i remembered i had to go pick a heap of mates up n go out. so we drove around with no stereo as i blew a fuse in the interior lights so the dash had no lights so i had a dolphin torch with me and i'd turn it on occassionally to make sure i was doing the speed limit

dodgy and not proud of it. pulled out my surge tank because the relay shat it self for the 2 pumps and i cbf with rewiring it so i used some 8mm pvc hose $4 from bunnings and 2 hose clamps to mate the breather and return together so fuel would return the to fuel tank, very f**king dodgy and stupidly dangerous

my mate had an old kingswood and the seat broke so he drove around sitting on a milk crate
lol same guy went through a red light camera. so that night he went back n reversed over the pole with the camera on it. brought the box into school and they opened it in metal works.. it was empty :happy: they used to rotate the cameras in WA

hahaha tops!

Bullbar fabrication, my mate was sick of running over roos and wombats and denting his ute, so I went up to his joint lugging the welder and he'd bought some steel, he figured he knew what he wanted, but if I had nothing else to do he'd really like some gutter sweepers on it.

Alright, we're country kids and it's not like theres any cops, so bugger it, straight through with 2 hotdogs on each side poking out near the back wheels, it sounded sex and by the time I'd finished getting it all nice an tidy Paulies done with the bullbar.

2 of us couldn't pick it up, I figured it was kind of heavy so we got the block and tackle which in hindsight was an indication of just how stupid this was getting but it did look kind of neat and we got that bastard on the front of the ute good and proper.

It was big and looked mean, sounded mean, f**ken ay! :(

We both sat down and cracked open the beer and smokes on the newly made bullbar and the back of the ute lifted up... :D

Edited by MK2

on my swift i held my rear bar on only my masking tape. lasted 2 days before i saw it fly off on the great western highway. pulled over and played a game of frogger trying to get it back before someone ran into it. no stratches or damage believe it not. if u ever need a strong mould dont look past www.gtautostyle.com top stuff.

i couldnt b bothered getting a wiper blade for my car so i cut the some off the back wiper and melted it together with the front one with a lighter. still works lol

Edited by R33GOD

i couldnt b bothered getting a wiper blade for my car so i cut the some off the back wiper and melted it together with the front one with a lighter. still works lol

LOL OMG!!!

THEY ARE LIKE $4 BAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA.. thats great lol

using normal Sticky tape to wire up an old stereo in my datto.

Also using a rag to prop it up when I couldnt figure out how to mount it...

Using chicken wire and newspaper and bog to fill huge holes in an old 180B! Oh, I think I dropped the paper on the lawn , so there was some grass in there aswell...

:laugh:

mate had a 120y

never serviced, never tuned etc etc etc for about 3 years

often took it gravel tracking out in the bush

busted teh front window while gravel tracking so we kicked it out

kicked the passenger window out cause it busted too (another occasion b4 the front window)

steering was dodgier than an italian trying to sell a skyline

often left his longboard skateboard and guitar in there, no doors locked (mind you it had no side window for a while, then no front window) both ended getting nicked

always went to the beach surfing with the surfboard ratchet tied on through the windows

went 4wd in it

at a mates house we got some industrial gladwrap and wrapped the whole car (and i mean the WHOLE car) up about 3 layers

he came outside, jumped through a gap in the gladwrap where the front windscreen used to be, and drove off

drove like that for about a week till teh cops gave a sideways yellow (mind you, they couldnt really put it on for the laughing)

we went on a trip up north for the weekend in a late 70's corolla on 4wd tracks

got airborne, drove it through bushes, knocked down trees, bounced of the rev limiter trying to get over sand dunes etc etc etc

got another mate with a 120y coupe

we put a flame thrower kit on it (illegal count 1)

we put dukes of hazzard airhorns on it (illegal count 2)

he got a PA system that does cop/fire/ambo and animal noises plus mic (illegal count 3) - good for chatting to the ladies on teh street: "hey - nice legs" as we go passed >_<

its got extractors and exhaust on it, we did bog laps on south terrace in freo late at night

revving really high in first and it just pops and burbles and echos off all teh close buildings, then we would do the dukes of hazzard horn and scare teh shit outa the people lineing up outside the nightclubs :(

WE once went to the beach, then forgot we had matches for the fire

so we knicked 2 bog rolls from the building site down the road, pulled the fuel line of my mates ap5 valiant carby, soaked the bog rolls in fuel, arced out the alternator with a big ass screwdriver and it lit up the bog roll, quickly ran over the dunes with a flaming bog roll

instant fire!!!!

we went on a trip up north for the weekend in a late 70's corolla on 4wd tracks

got airborne, drove it through bushes, knocked down trees, bounced of the rev limiter trying to get over sand dunes etc etc etc

tey don't have limiters. that would've been valve bouncing.

lol the most dodgy thing for me was using cable ties to secure my rear neons right up against my stock exhaust,

they ended up moving around and melting to my stock exhaust lol

lol the most dodgy thing for me was using cable ties to secure my rear neons right up against my stock exhaust,

they ended up moving around and melting to my stock exhaust lol

What exhaust? your stock exhaust!?

I tried to install new cam gears and 4 new belts myself. Ended badly in the name of mobility.

useing a blue neon light to see my dash at night as the dash lights arnt working and we dont know why they arnt working. my mech is going to have a nother look at it next week