SAU Community

Just Wondering

hi there everyone

i have a stagea i think u have all seen it

i was wondering what everyone is running in the way off piggy back fuel , air etc computer on there stagea

and what they are like to in stall, how they affect the car good or bad etc

thanks for any help

Good question - i want to know too.

I am thinking of getting the apexi SAFC as it not too pricey. The jacar option sounds good but i cannot build that kind of thing myself.

haltech interceptor is what i want to get after i finish my mods. its a piggyback ecu that contolls airflow and fuel and its not to pricey. it got recommended by xspeed and have found them to know what there on about.

i too was looking at a haltech interceptor unit but then i found that i could use an A'Pexi power FC as mine is a manual series2, A) it was cheaper than the haltech B)it was easy to install and tune(once i got the secret squirrel tweak) C) it has more data points for tuning so very flexible for all levels of tuning and finally D) i had a lot of trouble with supply of the haltech unit from my local distributor as he was very vague about how he would tune the car on a 2 wheel dyno.

as the stagea is not like some other cars where you can just yank a fuse out and its all good. doesn't work that easy and the end result could be horrendously expensive too!!!!!!

just my 2 cents

i too was looking at a haltech interceptor unit but then i found that i could use an A'Pexi power FC as mine is a manual series2, A) it was cheaper than the haltech B)it was easy to install and tune(once i got the secret squirrel tweak) C) it has more data points for tuning so very flexible for all levels of tuning and finally D) i had a lot of trouble with supply of the haltech unit from my local distributor as he was very vague about how he would tune the car on a 2 wheel dyno.

as the stagea is not like some other cars where you can just yank a fuse out and its all good. doesn't work that easy and the end result could be horrendously expensive too!!!!!!

just my 2 cents

How much is the Haltech?

S/hand R34 power FC are now approx $1200-1400

New, if you can get one are $1500-1800

Just remove the front drive shaft to tune in RWD

I'm using an SAFC and just (FINALLY) found and bought a apexi SITC (for timming control) of ebay from Japan this morning. Which should be here next week. Haven't actually had the car on the Dyno yet to properly tune the SAFC but its working pretty well so far (Had a wide band sensor at the time and did a quick street tune). I'm hoping once the SITC arrives and I'm installing my FMIC this weekend I'll get it on the dyno and get some good numbers but more importantly better fuel economy!!! The safc is very easy to use and any tuner should be able to work with it easially seeing as there are so many out there (if they can't I'd be finding another tuner). I would recomend though that you try and find an SITC as well so you can adjust and correct the timming seeing as the SAFC is a voltage bender your timming will be automatically affected. Do a search on the topic as SK has a similar setup (but for fuel he's using a Jaycar DFA which is the same thing really) in his stagea and has a pretty detailed write up about it all. Considering the ease of install and use I would definately recomend it for auto stagea users

SAFC-II

SITC

Z32 AFM

040 Bosch fuel pump

Nismo Fuel Pressure Regulator

Slide highflow turbo

190rwkw with HuGeLy restrictive rear muffler.......... excellent fuel economy too. Hiflow muffler would net me another 20rwkw Im sure.

Jaycar EBC

Jaycar DFA

Apexi SITC

HKS SLD

Nismo cat back (very quiet)

Catco high flow cat

R34GTT SMIC

Pipercross panel filter

Feels like around 160 4wkw at the moment

Plus the following, after this weekend, since I have to remove it all to replace the cracked exhaust manifold

Performance Metalcraft split dump and engine pipe combo, Thermo wrapped of course

GCG Ball Bearing High Flow turbo, I have put the smaller compressor housing on it, as I want to make sure it looses nothing for towing.

Then a road tune by me, planning on running up to the max that the standard injectors, at standard pressure, can handle.

If I think it needs more power, then I will stick a bolt on Nismo FPR on it and turn up the fuel pressure.

That should test out the rumour that Stagea fuel pumps flow more that R33GTST fuel pumps.

The target always has been 200 4wkw (double what it had standard), so I will throw it on the dyno to confirm that the target has been achieved.

:rofl: cheers ;)