SAU Community

Rb26 In 2000 Model Jeep...edit. Now In R32 Gtr

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Paul,

Looks real nice. Catch can is sweet in that position. I want to do the same as my ABS has been removed too. Is there plenty of room back there? Do you think it would work with a single high mount?

what numbers are you hoping to run at the quarter. I have the same plenum and throttle body coming to run with my TO4Z.

Cheers

Paul

Hey Paul,

Looks real nice. Catch can is sweet in that position. I want to do the same as my ABS has been removed too. Is there plenty of room back there? Do you think it would work with a single high mount?

what numbers are you hoping to run at the quarter. I have the same plenum and throttle body coming to run with my TO4Z.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul, The catch can is another Hypertune item $220 plus freight, plenty of room there even with a single high mount and dump, yours being a R33 they may have to change the mounting brackets slightly.

The car was built to run 9's, high 9's. Anything more requires a lot of work to maintain (engine pull downs, gearbox overhauls etc). Im not saying this set-up will be set and forget, its just that I know how much maintenance (sp*) Mark and Theo do to their cars to keep them in the low 9's (and now high 8's) and i don't posses their time, facilities or budget.

Im in desperate need of some sponsorship $$ to keep this car competing, and without this im not willing to flog the car to death. Im just going to go out and have some fun and high 9's should keep me amused im sure.

Hi Paul, The catch can is another Hypertune item $220 plus freight, plenty of room there even with a single high mount and dump, yours being a R33 they may have to change the mounting brackets slightly.

The car was built to run 9's, high 9's. Anything more requires a lot of work to maintain (engine pull downs, gearbox overhauls etc). Im not saying this set-up will be set and forget, its just that I know how much maintenance (sp*) Mark and Theo do to their cars to keep them in the low 9's (and now high 8's) and i don't posses their time, facilities or budget.

Im in desperate need of some sponsorship $$ to keep this car competing, and without this im not willing to flog the car to death. Im just going to go out and have some fun and high 9's should keep me amused im sure.

Hi Paul,

cheers for the feed back, i have an R32 aswell so all should be good. Nice price on the catch can, does that include the lines and filter media? I'll have to flick Ben an e-mail and get one of these.

Good luck with you quarter goals sure is i nice setup. I hear ya on the time and money.

hey paul, im currently building a predominantly streetcar oriented gtr, 2.7 jun stroker... got myself ppg synchro box n all the other stuff needed, i wanna have a crack at a high 9 but ill be happy with a low-mid 10, ive got a hks t04z but i wanna change it to somethin slightly larger to get me over the line.... thats y i asked wat sort of power u makin..

wat box n clutch u have behind urs??

Edited by 747.GTR

hey paul, im currently building a predominantly streetcar oriented gtr, 2.7 jun stroker... got myself ppg synchro box n all the other stuff needed, i wanna have a crack at a high 9 but ill be happy with a low-mid 10, ive got a hks t04z but i wanna change it to somethin slightly larger to get me over the line.... thats y i asked wat sort of power u makin.. i kno ill compromise some driveability but its not an everyday car...

wat box n clutch u have behind urs??

Nissan gearbox with OS gearset and an NPC twin plate clutch.

The difference between a mid 10 car and a high 9 car is a lot in $$ terms and development, thats why there is lots of 10 sec cars and hardly any 9's. Hope you aware of what you may be getting yourself into, and if so then i wish you all the best and good luck.

the above statement is made with the utmost sincerity.

ye understandable totally, i guess realistically i wont see the 9s as i cant be bothered messing with suspension settings all the time trying to get it right etc worth a crack tho i guess, ill try a few times :) im gonna get jim to tune it once my engines in and run in, see how i go.

Edited by 747.GTR

im very kind to the gearbox (granny shifter) and we redo the synchro's after 50 passes (trade secret to make the OS gearboxes last)

that's what i was thinking. fingers crossed i get this dog box then :)