SAU Community

Rb26 In 2000 Model Jeep...edit. Now In R32 Gtr

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car was started yesterday and the 1st stage of run-in commenced.

If we have enough hours on the engine and all goes well we are going out to WSID on wednesday night for a few shake-down runs. If we don't have any problems then we will put the race fuel in it, put the Mickey Thompson's on it and up the boost on Saturday at Compak Attak. A PB on Saturday would be nice...a 9 sec pass may see me shout the bar on Saturday night.

The car was started yesterday and the 1st stage of run-in commenced.

If we have enough hours on the engine and all goes well we are going out to WSID on wednesday night for a few shake-down runs. If we don't have any problems then we will put the race fuel in it, put the Mickey Thompson's on it and up the boost on Saturday at Compak Attak. A PB on Saturday would be nice...a 9 sec pass may see me shout the bar on Saturday night.

Good luck Paul - I should have taken your offer for the MT's the other week :-)

For those that don't already know (the grapevine travels fast) our car made over 430 AWKW last night with only 21psi on a soft run-in tune. This was done on BP 98 and without any cam timing etc done. Its being properly tuned with race fuel (Sonoco Extreme) tonight with some more boost in preparation for Compak Attak tomm. at WSID.

For those that don't already know (the grapevine travels fast) our car made over 430 AWKW last night with only 21psi on a soft run-in tune. This was done on BP 98 and without any cam timing etc done. Its being properly tuned with race fuel (Sonoco Extreme) tonight with some more boost in preparation for Compak Attak tomm. at WSID.

Unfortunately due to unavailability of 1000cc injectors we will not be tuning the car tonight or racing the car tomm.

BUGGER !!!!

Unfortunately due to unavailability of 1000cc injectors we will not be tuning the car tonight or racing the car tomm.

BUGGER !!!!

Run out of injectors did you Paul??? :O

Run out of injectors did you Paul??? :)

Yes..initially i was thinking we would but i was talked into believeing we wouldn't produce so much torque (torque chews fuel up not power). I think Jim was surprised how well the GT-RS performed, and to tell you the truth...so was I. All i can say at this stage, is once properly tuned..."This thing is gonna be good"

BU5TER thanks for the offer mate, and as per the phone discussion yesterday get back to me with a price.

1272763imgeditedcopyap5.jpg

hrmmm got duration? any particulars?

depending on the price ill get either the injectors off BU5TER or Theo...Theo says he will post them down on Monday so ill ring BU5TER tonight for a price.

What particulars were you after?

man thats tough, be interesting to see the numbers, and cant wait to see it in action :) hope someone gets some video footy.

a video is a great idea 'silver' ill see what i can do to get some of the full power runs "u-tubed"

oh i see the picture now Dave...lots of lift and duration....lots

yes thats a very wide lobe with a little base circle. just out of curiosity, what are you reving it to? and what duration/lift. pm if you like. but yeah they not ya run of the mill 260's lol.

and what improvements did it make, any loss down low? etc etc. im just trying to work out what cams to use with my new motor, t04z 1,8 bar optimax reving to 8500

• 1 month later...
That would be Awsome man!! :thumbsup: Don't for get to post up the links! :P good luck.

car made around 440+ AWKW on pump gas (BP98) at 23psi, this is the same power as before but previous was 34psi and C16 race fuel. This shows the massive gains we have made....the torque curve makes the car look very impressive.

race fuel tuning this weekend and a bit more boost.

first runs at WSID on sunday 22nd July.

its getting very close now

can't wait