SAU Community

Sau Nsw Official Dyno Day 2007

Abo Bob

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a great day - thanks to all who organised it, and thanks to all who showed up!

I was gunning for the award for highest power with a downgraded (it hasn't run as well since I changed from standard Stagea/s2 R33/R34 with nylon compressor wheel to s1 R33 steel compressor wheel) turbo on a Stagea, but because of the amount of cars that showed up, I took my car off the list so John wouldn't have to keep all the staff there till 10pm tonight...

Thanks also to all who have been buying the SAU shirts and stubby holders!

nice cars out there.i was especially fond of the ice blue 33 on 19's.

I'll post em up tomorrow.

In the meantime I want to thank UAS for putting on a big effort for us and generously donating lots of stuff for prizes. As mentioned, John, Ben, Andrew, Tim, that guy whose name I didn't catch and Tim's gf; thanks a bunch.

Thanks also to Motul for sponsoring us by providing many litres of oil and other things for us to give away.

And we should also mention Turbosmart for their support too. Motul and Turbosmart are great supporters of club events like this and it's really appreciated.

Lastly, thanks to Jess, Nick and James for looking after things on the day. I was running around like a madman trying to help Andrew and the boys so having you guys look after everything was great.

Oh and nearly forgot, thanks to everyone who looked after Bob for me today. He loved it and is now sound asleep.

Adam we love bob so that was not a problem

Thanks Adam for the day and to Andrew, Jess and everyone that made it a good day, my boys had alot of fun checking out the "fully sick" cars that were goning on the dyno.

And spewing my car was playing PING pong on the dyno but I had a great day thanks guys!! :P

LOOF :D Nice to see that the rest of your family had a good time. Great seeing you and look forward to the next one

Cheers to Adam and John for all their efforts.

Jeers to my AFMs for going all emo after a single run.

BTW - What was your number Baron? 25x? At what boost? I was happy with my 242 @ 13psi with stockies.

252, 14psi. :) stock turbos. it's not bad actually. stock cams, stock injectors, stock intercooler, stock dumps, stock front pipes, stock afms. it's pretty stock. just cam gears, boost, PFC, front pipe back exhaust. :)

it was a gear day, thanks to Adam for organising it and a big wrap to the staff at Unique AutoSports, for coming in on a day off and work tirelessly dynoing cars and pulling driveshafts out and and putting them back on, and not just dynoing cars but taking the time to pre run inspect and alert owners of any potential problems, Thanks Heaps guys!

I took 144 Photos, they should be up in a few days time.

Good day. Good to see some faces I hadn't seen in a while even if they are driving hairdressers cars now......... looooooool

LMAO!!!!!

Wanted to catch up with you, but you were always wandering around elsewhere :\

yes, thanks to Ben+John+Tim+Andrew and Tim's girlfriend + Jess + Adam + Nick for running such a good dyno day. absolutely massive turnout of cars. It must be a record for an SAU/UAS dyno day?

well done. :)

:)

Top day & thanks to all involved ! ( special mention for the girl who diligently stood at her post cooking snags all day, whoever she was )

That must have been some sort of Dyno attendance record ?

Great to catch up with people again :)

Good day. Good to see some faces I hadn't seen in a while even if they are driving hairdressers cars now......... looooooool

and on this topic, did I win the wooden spoon ? ;)

Funny thing is, I think I'm the ONLY person who got more power than I expected !! :) ( if you can consider 107.7rwkw power ?? ) :)

Well done to Adam and the crew for getting so many cars on the dyno. Would have liked to

run the zed, but I didn't want to embarrass myself.........Next time maybe.

Thanks for the great day guys and gals. Nice to meet you and thanks to the organisers for preparing a well turned out day.

Anyway here's some pics for you, although I'm not too happy at how they turned out.

My apologies for not being able to take pics of all the cars, I was a bit lazy :) and alot of cars were parked in bad positions to photograph.

Thanx for the pics of my 34 gt-r (purple one ) as i havent taken any good ones my self yet !

haha. oh and also thanks to jhon who was nice enough to show me how hard its gonna be putting a pedal box in my car lol.

oh and those on the tuning side. is 24 degrees btdc on 1.4 bar aceptable? ie is that normal or retarded etc etc. just chasing why only 295 rwkw on 19.5 pound

YOU'RE ON !! :)

Gonna put some beer where your mounth is ?????

stupid question! lol

it's on.

no wait.... it's not! lol.

lies

HA! I told you!!! No bet scotty!!!

sucked in.

Ok I have finally sorted out the 144 Pictures I took yesterday, skipped the poorer quality ones or repeats and here are 112 resized to a manageable size.

http://www.corolla92.com/sam/SAU_DynoDay2007/

I have full sized copies of the pics taken (1936x1238), if you would like full sized pics of your car let PM me and i'll make up a CD for you.

Hey guys, was good to see some old faces.

So many new faces though. I didn't know the majority of people there. Felt kinda weird. lol.

Looks like everyone wants to be a photographer these days aye. :)

Loving the new shop John.

Thanks all the guys put their hands together for that awesome day. it was grate to see all the nice cars around. i wish i had my car up and running that day. uh well i guess next one.

cheers

Babak ( RB GUN ) :)

Thanks all the guys put their hands together for that awesome day. it was grate to see all the nice cars around. i wish i had my car up and running that day. uh well i guess next one.

cheers

Babak ( RB GUN ) :)

Big day and ran 46 cars on dyno which is 2 short of last year although one of those was the my zed. There wer a few that could not run asran out of day. One of our mechanics Ben had to leave just after lunch for a family engagement. As we originally had him booked or the Saturday earlier. Andrew coped for the rest of the arvo. It was great to catch up on some old and some new faces. Interesting to see what some of the cars did and I think obvious to most it was worth checking cars on dyno, even those recently dyno tuned showed what tune and power was like. Some cars showed all good, whilst others showed issues. Goes to show I that always a good idea to run car on dyno to check and see especially if modified and above standard horse power to prevent issues damaging motor. From what I see and hear SAu have the most cars on dyno for any car club certainly by far Soarer, Silvia FTO and 300ZX forum. Well done guys and what a roll up as car park was almost full. Next year gardeners won't be in the way and UAS will be fully set up and sure to be bigger and better and brake all records and run 50 plus cars. Big thanks to Adam and everyone who helped out and welldone as very well run.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So I've been working on the car a fair bit, doing a lot of little things. Preparing some projects for this winter, as I'm taking 13 weeks off very soon for parental leave. Have my second kid on the way and he's due any week now. I'll need something to do while he's sleeping. I also usually take the car off the road in about a month and a half, until sometime around the end of March.  Still making slight adjustments to my tune, as the cold weather settles in. I've also had to start dropping boost and tire pressure as the weather gets cooler. It's getting very swirly at highway speeds. I drop to 20psi at 20C and 18psi spring pressure at 10C IAT's. I'm currently on 255 Falcon RT660's, but may look into running 275's next summer. They will fit, but barely. Might have to raise the rear a tad.  I'll start redoing my exhaust Monday, as I have the week off. I currently have an oval center muffler and cannon rear muffler. I've been told more then once from people behind me that my rear bumper is going to catch on fire one day. Seems I blow 5-10 second flames after doing a pull. No clue if that's the WMI, as I've never been able to do that before with other cars. I wanted to angle my tip down a tad so flames are pointed down and away from bumper. I also wanted to take the opportunity to reconfigure my exhaust line. I'm going to move my oval muffler to the rear with a pie cut angled tip and put in a new smaller round muffler in the center. I've rocked cannon mufflers on this car for the last few years and want to transition back the oval muffler look. I've also been looking for a stainless project to try out the new solar flux I bought. I'll post pictures on Monday, should be able to wrap that up in a day.  I'm also picking up another rear subframe this week. I wanted a second so that I could modify one with a gk tech anti squat reduction kit during the winter, and still be able to keep the car a roller so I can back it out of the garage if needed. I will also be caging it this winter. More on that later. Lastly, Speedtek still hasn't given me diddly squat. Every week for the last 4 weeks, they have been saying next week. They told me Friday to expect a shipping label that day to ship my two bad sets of ring and pinions back and nothing. There's definitely been more contact since I started destroying their company any chance I get on Facebook, but it's still just words without action.   
    • Have you done a pressure test on your intake/piping? Cleaned your IACV and Cold start valve?
    • Bit of a dump of ones I saw on my trip. I also have a heap from daikoko but that’s technically not  on the street 
    • i was thinking that the 2 wires that go to the sub from factory has some sort of preamp like you mentioned and also a lo Pass filter to get just bass. now that will only use 1 channel and that really should be all i need for a sub? if i was trying to put a set of speakers in the back i can understand cutting into the left and right speaker wires. i will try how im talking about doing it and if that is crap i will do it the way of all wires. thanks for the input guys.  
    • Challenging mig welding thin Aluminium pipe and trying to fit it in, having to bend and twist, but got there in the end. Fits really well and can easily get a socket wrench in there now to put it on/off. I'm in the middle of another project, so haven't installed the suction pipe yet. I'll post some pictures and results when i do.