SAU Community

Which Skyline Looks Best ?

This thread is never going to reach any kind of a consensus. Too many people with too many differnt vies/biases.

I like seeing most skylines on the road, the r31 is a bit pintara for me though and I don't really know which is which. The r32 - r34's are generally nice. The 33 i dont like its lines in particular the rear (and front of S1), but if nicely modded they look ok. R32 and R34 are both sweet and when modded right look very tough!

Edited by r32line

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R33 SERIES 2 GTST hands down are the best in looks youve all seen that one that just makes you have to have a nother look R33S2 = Shit Hot

1. Kick Ass Head Lights

2. Kick Ass Lines

3. Kick Ass In General end of story.

You are absolutly RIGHT!!

R33 series 2 model skylines (available 1996-1998) are indeed the best looking skylines out!!

1. Head lights

2. Body kit

2. CuRVES!!

and rear lights look awesome at night (2 different shades)

(PS. I know you like totally agree with me obeid, LOL)

Edited by Gold 180

there all good , the oldschoolness of the 30 and 31

the alltime classicness of the 32

the fatness of the 33

the agressive purposfull stance of the 34

even the 35 and 36 are growing on me , the new gtr looks hot

skyline can never be a bad thing

Excluding the GTR's (which all look awesome) here's is what I think of the exterior (factory standard);

R31 = Ok, but a bit long in the tooth now. Factory wheels look crap.

R32 = Streamlined, yet semi aggresive. Just looks fast. Not a fan of the rear. Looks like someone in kinda was playing 'shapes' and just plonked them on there. White & black look best. Factory wheels look crap.

R33 series 1 = Yuk! Hate the front end, badges, bonnet and factory wings. Doesn't look like a sports car, more like a badly dressed sedan. Best thing is the factory illuminated rear panel. Factory wheels look crap.

R33 series 2 = Sleek with curves in the right places. More refined & smooth look. Subtle bonnet bulge & sharper headlights still retain an aggresive look though. Much better M spec wing & front bar. Orange blinkers on the front bar make it look a little dopey & outdated. Rear end just a tad bulbous (would have looked better if the boot went straight across & flat which would bring down the back slightly too). Silver & white look best. (white best suited to red tail light contrast). Factory wheels look crap.

R34 = Most aggresive stance. Looks mean as ass looks like it's slightly higher than the front. More brute than sexy. Compact. Best looking tail lights, but cheap looking (tail light) surrounds. Front lights not aggresive enough & look to 'family car' without the eye lids. Nismo front bar looks hot! Can look like a cereal box on wheels at times. Love the rear wing. All colours except yellow look great. Yellow just good. Factory wheels look semi-decent.

Interior wise (factory standard);

R31 = Outdated (but that can't be helped) Back room good.

R32 = Outdated (again, can't be helped). But good at the time. Back room crap.

R33 s1 = Can't get past that steering ugly wheel, probably nicer colour seats than the R33 s2.

R33 s2 = Nice, but a bit too simple & refined. Hasn't dated much compared to the previous models though. Back room crap.

R34 = Best. More aggresive dash. Guage mounts nice touch. But hate the poxy two tone colour seats. Seats could have been more figure hugging too. Looks like this is where the cost cutting came in. LED a/c display not as nice as R33. Back room crap.

Engine wise, every successor has gotten better.

If I had to choose between the single turbo Skyline's, then it would be the R34 GTT, then R33, R32, R31.

For the GTR's, it would be the same order. R34, R33 then R32.

This would make sense as every incarnation has been better in the majority of aspects. I don't think car manufacturers go out to make a worse next generation car.

*Note that any car can be made to look up to 50% better with some nice rims.

Edited by HotPlates

think of it this way:

the r32 is the girl you fell in love with and married.

the r33 is your wife after 10 years of said marriage. (still love her though)

the r34 is the girl from your primary school who was a lot bigger than you and beat you up (just her way of showing she likes you)

gtrs:

see above but think afro-american/latina

r32 sedan when kitted though...standard is crap :P

Any of the models with the right kit can look damn sexy. Such as that kitted 32.

think of it this way:

the r32 is the girl you fell in love with and married.

the r33 is your wife after 10 years of said marriage. (still love her though)

the r34 is the girl from your primary school who was a lot bigger than you and beat you up (just her way of showing she likes you)

gtrs:

see above but think afro-american/latina

WTF? That's some really deep analogy you got going there. Not sure if I quite understand it though. ;)

You are absolutly RIGHT!!

R33 series 2 model skylines (available 1996-1998) are indeed the best looking skylines out!!

1. Head lights

2. Body kit

2. CuRVES!!

and rear lights look awesome at night (2 different shades)

(PS. I know you like totally agree with me obeid, LOL)

Couldn't have said it any better!!

i like my bathtub aka r33 :P . just like its curves.

dont like r32's and r32's casuse they look like shoe boxes with circles at the back of em :banana:

LMAO ... I nearly fell of my chair laughing... very funny!!

The R33 is way too sexy... I've noticed with the R33... there's no in-between... either they're HOT AS or they're a big fat wale... LOL

Kitted probably, nice mods etc... the R33 kicks butt!!

The Eariler ones are my favourite (gens 3-8)

dsc00409yp4.jpg

c11001oj1.jpg

imgp3511bq5.jpg

26mo8.jpg

18intopcz1.jpg

dsc9526pc2.jpg

The C210 i sold two weeks ago, and the r32 is mine.

The C10, DR30, HR31, and BNR32 are faves because of a strong racing pedigree.

There is not one that i dislike, i would happily have any of them (even a late model(square headlight) C210 Sedan with an L18 4 Cylinder, or an MR30 Hatch)

I don't really care what a car looks like, as long as it goes hard for what it is

I don't think car manufacturers go out to make a worse next generation car.

AU Falcon. :blink:

Edited by Mulkers