SAU Community

Basically I've had a couple of friends tell me that the r34 gtt has a 5 speed version of the gtr's getrag gearbox, but i was under the impression that it was pretty much the same as the r33 25det gearbox (and some of the stuff i've read here points that wasy as well).

So...

1. Which actually is it?

2. Will the redline shockproof be okay for it.

3. Will it handle the 300 rwkw i plan to put through it (with a C's short shifter installed as well).

Also, if anyone can recommend a diff oil for the 34 gtt as well that would be good.

Basically I've had a couple of friends tell me that the r34 gtt has a 5 speed version of the gtr's getrag gearbox, but i was under the impression that it was pretty much the same as the r33 25det gearbox (and some of the stuff i've read here points that wasy as well).

So...

1. Which actually is it?

2. Will the redline shockproof be okay for it.

3. Will it handle the 300 rwkw i plan to put through it (with a C's short shifter installed as well).

Also, if anyone can recommend a diff oil for the 34 gtt as well that would be good.

The R34GTT box is the same as the R33 GTST one, i use them in most conversions as they are low mileage and it gives a little more headroom in the punishment area. We run shockproof in our boxes also. car makes over 300rwkw. I hate short shifters though and refuse to use them, a GTR shifter with the metal ball end is my pick for an improvement.

I also hate pull clutches so i fit push type GTR bellhousings to the GTT boxes.

The casing is much lighter than the R33 ones. I use lightweight shockproof in mine with 270rwkw no probs. Also my box had 200,000+ k's on it before it got into my car.

It has a small problem which I know others have had in that when shifting fast from 4th to 5th at redline (well at any revs really) you can put it into a no mans land between 3rd and 5th gears where it crunches badly. I have had to slow my changes there cos I don't want to blow the box.

Short answer, no nothing like the getrag from the R34 GTR, very much like the R33 GTST.

Can you swap an R34 GTT bellhousing with the R33 GTS-T one mated to the R34 gearbox so that it becomes a push type (just thinking of my rooted gearbox) (also have I got my theory right that this can be done)

Can you swap an R34 GTT bellhousing with the R33 GTS-T one mated to the R34 gearbox so that it becomes a push type (just thinking of my rooted gearbox) (also have I got my theory right that this can be done)

yeah i hate pull clutches, so i fit push type housings all the time.

How? Do you cut the bell housings off? How do you reconnect them?

nah they just unbolt, here is a SR20 box that i have removed the bellhousing. RB boxes are the same design.

post-34927-1175665106.jpg

Edited by URAS

yeah. i had a 34 one it was great. i just sold it with a new nismo clutch and steel flywheel for 1600. oh well its been advertized for alost 1.5years now. so i just had to get rid of it to many tight arsees her to par top dollar lol

Also RB25 boxes are the same gearset and selectors as the GTR 5 speeds. The only difference in the output shaft length and slight variances to the reverse and 5th gear arangement.

I have heard of the brand but never actually seen one in a vehcile. Or being used.

Obviously at idle with your foot off the clutch the only thing thats turning is the input shaft and lay shaft. The rest of the gear set should be unloaded and spinning on their needle rollers happliy.

I have found my Cross mission box to be getting a bit noisy despite being a helical cut set.