SAU Community

sk's whiteline suspension kit.

Cubes

i think the sk group buy on springs and shocks allows you to use standard height on whiteline springs via circlip adjustment.

I've looked in to that. They still sit at around 350mm from memory which is too low. Well its not but it is to mr police officer.

You can have another groove placed in it but 'apparently' the springs become a little noisy due to the lack of compression or something.

Not sure. Bl4ck32 is soon to do it so that will be the deciding factor.

The whiteline shocks/springs from whiteline them selves handle really well with the stock sway bars on the r32's.

Unsure how sk's setup works but bl4ck32's sits really nice, neutral balanced.

Even though difficult to compare the 33 to the 32.

How do you find the car is balanced? Understeer or over?

The way it is now the front never pushes, it will always start stepping out the rear slowly and predictably. :S

Did you go sway bars as well?

I'll move this shit in to another thread.

Even though difficult to compare the 33 to the 32.

How do you find the car is balanced? Understeer or over?

The way it is now the front never pushes, it will always start stepping out the rear slowly and predictably. :S

Did you go sway bars as well?

I'll move this shit in to another thread.

haha, yeah, i was thinking we were going a bit offtopic. it has a nice firm feel to it but without being too harsh on the bumps. i previously had jap branded coilovers that were ok when on a flat surface, but i dreaded bumpy roads. the front end feels like it grips much better on uneven sweeping corners now.

i got the adjustable swaybars too, ive set the front to medium and the rear to hard, which gives a more oversteer feel, i played with settings a bit, but thats the one i like the most. i also installed front and rear strut braces, hicas bar, subframe locks, front camber kit and most of the old bushes replaced.

ps, just looking at your avatar pic, your 32 looks pretty low, is that stock height?

Edited by Sambo33

ill be machining a groove to suit the legal std height in the bilsteins i have in the car now. If the springs in there now wont suit, ive got a set of std height springs i will be slapping in anyway to take up the slack.

Edited by Bl4cK32

You can use standard springs with the Sydneykid shocks, the standard groove gives you the standard height. I recently PMed Sydneykid as i need new shocks and want to upgrade the handling a bit.

My goals were

1 - replace shocks

2 - improve handling

3 - not scrub tyres

4 - spend no more than $1500

His advice was to get the shocks as stage 1 and then swaybars and a castor kit as stage 2. I was origionally looking to get springs aswell but now i think i'll follow his advice.

All this was for a R33 gtst but i'm guessing it's the same across the board, pretty much anyway.

Edited by Race__24

Just off of the phone with regency, supposidly the legal/std height for an r32 gtr is 365 for the frount and 355 for the rear. does this sound right to anyone? i heard regency height is more like 372 or 375... anyone able to confirm etc? or should i just take random guy @ regencys word for it? (i might have to do my suspension in the next couple of weeks to get the car past regency, looking at using sk's kit)

thanks

Ive got the SK kit; shocks, swaybars, pinepples, front castor.

using standard Stagea springs.

ride is awesome quality. very very nice. IMO lowred aftermarket spings arnt a neccesity with the Bilstein shocks and circlips

everytime ive been thru regency, they have never checked eybrow to centre distance. If the slide thing clears everythin under the car, then ur pretty much ok.

What im saying, is a few mm, ie 10mm shouldnt bother them.

hate to burst your bubble, but i was defected (and still are) for 5mm too low on the rear and 10mm on the front. It states it on the defect form, so they will be checking when i go through. Ive had them pull out the tape in the past as well.

Edited by Bl4cK32

there is no bubble. im just sharing my opinion. Obviously I have had less anal inspectors then u....

Grammar police says u should word it better then :wave:

If the slide thing clears everythin under the car, then ur pretty much ok.

What im saying, is a few mm, ie 10mm shouldnt bother them.