SAU Community

ECU Reset

400HP

Hi people,

not sure if this has been asked before but is there any advantage in resetting the ECU after the car comes to Aust (no mods except zorst). I've heard that this allows the engine management to slightly adjust to aust. conditions or is this BS?

Thanks

yeah just do it once tho', for an adjustment to our crappy fuel.

Reseting it every time you do a mod doesn't do any favours, I can assure you. I tried doing mine after a series of mods and it farquared the AF ratio up top. Don't ask what I did to get it right again.

the process for hondas

drive the car around a bit.. driive to get the engine hot. approx 10kms

stop car, turn off then either disconnect the negative terminal or take out ecu fuses.

if take the fuse out, leave for about 15mins or taking the negative off the battery.

make sure u turn off all radio/aircon/tv/playstation/xbox/nintendo/microwave etc..

also stomp on the brake to drain more power when its all disconnect

then start the car do not put foot on accel.

leave to idle for until radiator fan switches on twice, about 8-10mins

then go for a spirited drive to help ecu out.

they say actually try and give steady power throughout the whole rev range.

it is a common trick for hondas and does actually make lots of difference in the running of the car.

i used to do it after services when i had a honda...........

As far as i know you can take the battery lead off for 24 hours. some other people say take the leads off and press the brake pedal for a few times. so what i gathered is try to drain the electricty fir the system

as far as i know it only worked on the r32 gtst as the r32 ecu is resets its self, not totally sure about r33 as i heard the r33 ecu is stubborn as hell :(

I wont see any power gains by doing so, it will just learn how you drive it.

unplug the battery, press on the breaks so it will drain all the power out of the car, i normally unplug the ecu just 2 be sure then

leave it for a while (5-10min) then plug everything back in & give the beat a little thrashing around the block.