SAU Community

Re Registering An R32 Gtr

hi guys i have recently bought an r32 gtr frpm sydney and now have to get the car registered in adelaide and it didn't come with a compliance plate, i have checked with regency and it has to go over the pits, has any1 done this before?

When you say doesn't come with a compliance plate I'm assuming it's been previously complied and registered in NSW as a 15 year import.

Pretty straightforward, your normal Regency inspection applies, make sure it's not defectable. If you have the import / rego papers from the previous owner it would be a lot easier.

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/registratio...egistration.asp

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/registratio...inspections.asp

• 1 month later...
When you say doesn't come with a compliance plate I'm assuming it's been previously complied and registered in NSW as a 15 year import.

Do not all cars get a compliance plate?

I'm about to purchase a gtr that is registered but has no compliance plate (does have compliance papers/certificate though).

Do not all cars get a compliance plate?

I'm about to purchase a gtr that is registered but has no compliance plate (does have compliance papers/certificate though).

Sevs cars do, 15 y.o. do not. The 15 year old rule is no longer in use though, but there are still plenty of cars floating around that were complied under that system.

please help guys i have a vic resistered gtr32 with no compliance plate and no papers (werent supplied with sale DODGY CAR DEALERS AND MY IGNORANCE) and i need to register it in nsw and the guy that was going to do the blue slip said i need to find out who imported it of who complied it now how the hell am i supposed to do that if i aint got papers pm me or reply to this post if u know anythin cheers

You need to call DOTARS, Vehicle Imports Enquiries

Ph: 1800 815 272

Fax: (02) 6274 6013

Give them VIN number, and provide proof of ownership and they SHOULD be able to assist you with a copy of the papers.

Sevs cars do, 15 y.o. do not. The 15 year old rule is no longer in use though, but there are still plenty of cars floating around that were complied under that system.

that depends on who complied them mate. I have recently imported and complied a couple of 15yo cars and they both had compliance plates fitted. BUT i have seen plenty of them without too. as for SEVS all SEVS cars now have a compliance sticker (i've just imported and complied a sevs car too).

also, the 15yo is still in action but it's fixed at 1988. so I guess it's a 19year rule now...