SAU Community

Coplock - Anti-theft Device

Nozila

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from getting the drivers door open 20 seconds tops.....

this thing is a joke...

what about prevention rather then cure?????

its too late once the thieve has already smashed your door lock to bits or broken a window.

assuming i was a car thieve and i spotted this contraption i would attach 1.5 m of chain to the front tow hitch on my car then crack the door open and hook it onto the lower half of the coplock and hit reverse. it will either twist the lock or the brake pedal, but either way it will come off.

then the car is yours.

regardless of the above its not hard to drive a car without brake's thats what the hand brake is for.

i wouldn't use one if it was given to me let alone paying hard earned cash for one....

cheers

Darren

from getting the drivers door open 20 seconds tops.....

this thing is a joke...

what about prevention rather then cure?????

its too late once the thieve has already smashed your door lock to bits or broken a window.

assuming i was a car thieve and i spotted this contraption i would attach 1.5 m of chain to the front tow hitch on my car then crack the door open and hook it onto the lower half of the coplock and hit reverse. it will either twist the lock or the brake pedal, but either way it will come off.

then the car is yours.

regardless of the above its not hard to drive a car without brake's thats what the hand brake is for.

i wouldn't use one if it was given to me let alone paying hard earned cash for one....

cheers

Darren

prevention for sure is the word, buy a daily or take the work car shopping. Thats what i do no one is going to steal a 500 doller work car i never park my 33 any where to many f**k heads that steal and key cars!!!!

prevention for sure is the word, buy a daily or take the work car shopping. Thats what i do no one is going to steal a 500 doller work car i never park my 33 any where to many f**k heads that steal and key cars!!!!

its not allways that easy.

my misses takes her car shopping almost daily and im not concerned about it getting stolen in the slightest.

it doesn't look like some hotted up monster just waiting to get a scratch, yet it has 300rkw.

but i guess thats irrelevant. prevention is allways better then the cure...

If you have a decent alarm, and dont park it in back streets where no one cares then sleep easy....

Edited by dangerman4

lol some of these responses are funny. A thief bringing his own car and using it to rip off the coplock?? How would he drive both cars away?

I see this coplock as an alternative to the steering wheel lock. Plenty of people still use steering wheel locks so i dont see why this shouldn't work as a deterrent and possibly prevent any potential theft.

Yes any car can be stolen if the thief is planned+motivated but i think this is just to stop joy riders etc.

Already seen commercials on tv advertising the coplock.

If a theif will be prepared to bring an angle grinder then they may be prepared to bring a GSM blocker and stop your mobile sending any messages :worship:

Seeing as he offers a refund why doesn't someone purchase it and try and rip it off, if it pops off get your refund :mellow:

If a theif will be prepared to bring an angle grinder then they may be prepared to bring a GSM blocker and stop your mobile sending any messages

wow never even thought of that. I guess your car is never safe unless its boxed in by 5 cars.

lol some of these responses are funny. A thief bringing his own car and using it to rip off the coplock?? How would he drive both cars away?

Yeh well more times than not, they rock up with a previous stolen car dump and grab a new one! Just recently over here a subaru got put into a stobie pole, then another car got stolen a street away and driven 3 or 4 suburbs away where they torched it, torched another car on thier way to stealing another one, and dumped that back near where they crashed the subaru and torched that also! all this was 5 min from the city too!