SAU Community

Foldaway Mirrors

Do Stageas have automatic fold-back mirrors, like Mitsubishi FTOs, and some other imports? I thought it was a standard option, but in all the photos on here I haven't seen any folded back ;) If they do have the option, is it on series 1 and 2?

Cheers,

David

Edited by DaveB

My series 1 has electric mirrors that can retract via a switch on the drivers door. Im pretty sure its a standard feature. I havent seen a jap import that doesnt have this feature.

Edited by ashlogan

Yep, I haven't seen an import without them either. Most aussie cars have them too, but their not electric.

I think in Japan they are pretty much a nessecity due to the parking situtation over there.

ive always wondered.. if the bays are that tight they need to retract the mirrors, how the fark do they get out of the cars?

or is that what the sunroof is for? :P

Yep, I haven't seen an import without them either. Most aussie cars have them too, but their not electric.

I think in Japan they are pretty much a nessecity due to the parking situtation over there.

from what ive been told by Japanese nationals

Its mainly for bike riders and scooter riders...so if htey hit a mirror it iwll fold out of the way, and not create as much injury.

Its a requirement that all Japan cars have at least folding mirrors, but ive only see 3 or 4 older cars without electronic mirrors...My series one has them....i never use them though

i just always forget about it

im going to rig a switch to make it close when i turn the ignition off...just gotta get int ehre with a multimeter to figure it out

MY LEXUS(BY THAT I MEAN TOYOTA) SOARER HAD THEM 2,MY SERIES 1 STAG GOT EM BUT THA PASSENGER SIDE JUS MAKES NOISES AN DOESNT RETRACT,ANY IDEAS TO WOT IT MITE B.....

i just always forget about it

im going to rig a switch to make it close when i turn the ignition off...just gotta get int ehre with a multimeter to figure it out

they do close when you turn your ignition off, you just push your switch to retract.

YEH MAYBE AY,U MEAN GRAMMAR....

LOLOLOL i can't believe i did that!!!!

Yeha, but i forget to always hit that button

remember im a turbo timer kinda guy (even though i dont have one lol)

Hook them up to a turbo timer as well as the windows and sunroofs, when the car switches off it closes the windows one by one then the sunnies and finally the mirrors fold in! Would be a great party trick but you would waste a lot of time standing around waiting to make sure it all happened before you left the car in the parking lot.

Grant do you live on base? If not where do you park/work on your car? I know you need to have proof of a parking space to be able to register a car in Japan (in the cities anyway)

Cheers

Luke

LOLOLOL i can't believe i did that!!!!

Yeha, but i forget to always hit that button

remember im a turbo timer kinda guy (even though i dont have one lol)

Hey Yoko, lucky you didn't put an a instead of a u. PMLOL.

Saw a numberplate recently......041 GAY.Fark, it pays to advertise.

i use my for aerodynamics :happy: go fast = tuck the mirrors in :huh: have used them once to help a bike get through....

thats my favourite trick, flick the switch as soon as you plant it away from the lights.

cracks my kids up every time. :)

i have only ever used mine once...not game enough to use them all the time--actually at all...they will probably die half way opening back up or something :happy: