SAU Community

Q45 Afm Install ?

hey,guys, bought a q45 afm, want to install in r33 s1 rb25det, any1 done that b4 ? does pfc or safc 2 have q45 to select ?

will post up the wiring picture if needed

i just check out the wiring on the q45 afm, it has

black/white = ???

black= ???

white= ????

i havent check out my s1 r33 afm, are they 3 wire too ????

cheers

Edited by evil_gts25t

If you do a search you should find something - I remember posting the wiring stuff up after I had troubles, but then worked it out !

i was going to use z32 afm but a bit hard to find a good conditon one so, i bought my for $100 brand new with factory package, the dude bought for his project and then run into big shit dept so i bought it from him , duno have i just ripped him off or help him out ?

hks spec r intercooler kit'

greddy plenum

660cc injector

Garrett gt3540R 0.68

arc cold air box

sard fpr

bosch 044 fuel pump

aftermarket manifold

apexi n1 full exhaust

blitz aluminium radiator

splitfire coilpack

using hks f-con sz with hks evc 5

apprently car is not running quite right, bit rich and power doesnt really come up coz of the f-con was tuned for standard turbo injector except for exhaust ,intercooler and intake

• 1 month later...

The Z32 are hard to get a hold of...some of the new ones being sold are maxing out early.

Do the Q45 bolt up to the standard airbox the same as the 80mm Z32/R33 AFM?

How about the wiring?

Anybody got the wiring colours etc? Same as Z32?

Cheers

the q45 afm is 90mm or about 3.5" so it wont mate up to anything stock

the pod adapter has to change as to does the turbo ducting.

the wiring is fairly simple, 3 wires its on my site paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com (when its fixed)

z32 is direct swap as its same bolt patter and 80mm so same size as stock rb20/rb25 afm

it's no problem using a Q45 maf, you just have to get some silicone reducers and a new air filter adapter plate and you're up and running. like this: P1010032.JPG

i was going to use z32 afm but a bit hard to find a good conditon one so, i bought my for $100 brand new with factory package, the dude bought for his project and then run into big shit dept so i bought it from him , duno have i just ripped him off or help him out ?

hks spec r intercooler kit'

greddy plenum

660cc injector

Garrett gt3540R 0.68

arc cold air box

sard fpr

bosch 044 fuel pump

aftermarket manifold

apexi n1 full exhaust

blitz aluminium radiator

splitfire coilpack

using hks f-con sz with hks evc 5

apprently car is not running quite right, bit rich and power doesnt really come up coz of the f-con was tuned for standard turbo injector except for exhaust ,intercooler and intake

the new q45 AFM have 4 wires so the one you have is just the plain old 3 wire q45.

Sorry to burst your bubble but its not brand new unless its been sitting around for years.