SAU Community

Best Harness

Gts-t

Looking at getting a harness for an upcoming track day.

Wanted the nismo(willans) one but it has been d/c

so that leaves

sparco $??? think about 200 not sure where to buy

sabelt $200 delivered (nengun)

takata $500 delivered (nengun)

opinions please :D

I use a 6 point Sparco bought from R & R speedsport. I always try and buy as much from them as they are nice helpfull people and not the Revolution rip-offs.

Neil.

I use a 6 point Sparco bought from R & R speedsport. I always try and buy as much from them as they are nice helpfull people and not the Revolution rip-offs.

Neil.

Does R & R have have a website etc? I prefer not to buy from rip off places either and support the good retailers.

willans 3inch 4pt looks the go, cheers BB

There's a guy on ebay doing Autotechnica Monza 3" 6-point FIA harnesses for $170, dated 'til end of 2011. I bought the updated model (same thing, as far as I can tell, just a newer homologation) and it's great. Quality seems spot-on. Ok to be used as a 4-point, as far as I know . . . . ?

club is what you want. the silverstone is for open wheels and is NOT suitable for use in a sedan. the supersport is more suited to road use as it has a normal type buckle instead of the cam-lock quick release the club has.

not sure if race and rally have a website. if you are in sydney just go and check them out. they are in greenacre.

Being in the middle of the tarmac rally season Benson Motorsports have 3" FIA ones for $250 delivered and dated for 5 years.

Thanks for the heads up mate, though because i dont mind wasting money i think ill go the willans.

Im tempted to go with the supersport with the normal seat belt but then again maybe it wont perform as well as the club.

I think the club is the go, cheers fellas

Thanks for the heads up mate, though because i dont mind wasting money i think ill go the willans.

Im tempted to go with the supersport with the normal seat belt but then again maybe it wont perform as well as the club.

I think the club is the go, cheers fellas

Generally the more your spend the softer the belts and light the buckles... so its no bad thing to fork out extra!

super sport is ok if you want to use it on the street too, as the buckle is approved for road use. but personally I don't use my harness on the street anyway so i use one with a quick release cam-lock.

im going willans to. the guys at revolution race gear have just got the new willans 6 point harnesses in stock. pretty sure they do 5 point to but may aswell go 6 point

Hmm thats a tough choice, i know i wouldnt mind using it on the road

I did it for 5 days after Phillip island last week - It's RUBBISH! If you've got the shoulder straps done up anywhere near tight, then You can't head-check over your shoulder. NOT COOL ! ! Plus, it's just a pain, to unclip the harness, and have to loosen off the lap-belt, and re-tighten it every time you get in the car.

im going willans to. the guys at revolution race gear have just got the new willans 6 point harnesses in stock. pretty sure they do 5 point to but may aswell go 6 point

Hehe nah i think ill stick with the 4, theres no restraining these nuts :yes: