SAU Community

R33 Roof Damage

Hey guys,

Got home this morning after a night out and noticed some bastards from a party across the road decided to use my R33 as a trampoline... Not happy!

roofdamage.jpg

Now, as far as I can tell, the rest of the bodywork is okay... But this roof looks like it's just been turned almost completely inside out :P

Any ideas on how much to get this fixed, or if it's repairable?

If so, any ideas on where to get it done not too expensively in the Western Sydney area, and what would be involved?

Thanks guys :)

Get a shotgun and go across the road. Im sure the owners of the house where the shit heads came from who did that will happily pay.

Cops are already involved... All the white dust on that is fingerprint dust where we tried to work out who might have jumped on it.

Forensics couldn't tell me anything other than the guy/girl who did it has big feet :P

I'm going to try and get the cops to come back out tonight to have a friendly chat with the neighbours though.

That’s frkn disgraceful, don’t people have any thing better to do rather than destroy other people’s hard earned property. I hope every thing works out for you mate. Good luck.

convertible sounds like a good idea

or you could get it replaced with a solar powered sunroof

It'd be a big-arsed sunroof.. That dent extends almost from window to window :P

Same thing happened to me buddy, nowhere near as bad however. Never did catch the bastards either! Feel sorry for ya man, all the best and hope that it all works out

Man that absolute bs. Can't believe some people. I always put my car in shed under lock and key when i am not using it. I am just to paranoid to leave it out the front. Too many tossers get away with shit like that.

Currently I haven't got my car. One of the many shitty drivers out there bloody got me. wiped out the rear corner of my car.

Hope ya get some action from the police and the fags across the road get whats coming to them.

dont tell ur insurance company, that sorta of damage is a statutory write off, see ya car,

basically any severe damage to the roof compromises the structural integrity of the car and thus write off.

watch out how u go about fixing it, it might just no be able to be fixed. will need to have a complete new roof welded in and engineered, big job.

sorry to hear bout it tho.

thats bad man, i would have cut the bastard's legs off if i saw

maybe a stupid question, but didnt ur alarm go off???? looks like he had a few good jumps

hope it works out good

dont tell ur insurance company, that sorta of damage is a statutory write off, see ya car,

basically any severe damage to the roof compromises the structural integrity of the car and thus write off.

watch out how u go about fixing it, it might just no be able to be fixed. will need to have a complete new roof welded in and engineered, big job.

sorry to hear bout it tho.

That's the bad part... My insurance ran out a month ago, so I haven't been driving it since - Been meaning to sell it.

Got a bit of work to do before that's a possibility.

thats bad man, i would have cut the bastard's legs off if i saw

maybe a stupid question, but didnt ur alarm go off???? looks like he had a few good jumps

hope it works out good

Alarm isn't set to go off on body knocks, which is a bit of a bastard :P

Otherwise it woulda woken up half the street - not that they weren't awake already, from the party that was going on in that house.

Ok, all jokes aside ... really sorry to hear this bro... I got my windows smashed recently and that hurt heaps... compared to your issue mine was an ant... ok, I actually know some mechanics / repaires and I asked around for you... to fix this damange, it will cost you an arm and a leg... would at least be around $8,000 plus labour... not sure how much labour would cost... so you'll be looking at nearly half the car's worth again...

However, if you love your skyline so much... it can be done... the will hvae to basically tear the whole roof off, get metal sheeting to match it side for side, edge for edge, remould it in, repaint it (metalic I guess) then wire all the eletroncis (for lights etc) and also making sure that the interior matches... seriously, sell it to the wreckers and get around half your car back, then put in the other half and get a new ride... fark, I know it hurts... I am feeling your pain now... but shyte happens... my car got canaried tonight.... man, I said to my wife - fark, shyte happens at least we're alive... look at it this way champ... chins up...

Good luck, our hearts with ya...

Ok, all jokes aside ... really sorry to hear this bro... I got my windows smashed recently and that hurt heaps... compared to your issue mine was an ant... ok, I actually know some mechanics / repaires and I asked around for you... to fix this damange, it will cost you an arm and a leg... would at least be around $8,000 plus labour... not sure how much labour would cost... so you'll be looking at nearly half the car's worth again...

However, if you love your skyline so much... it can be done... the will hvae to basically tear the whole roof off, get metal sheeting to match it side for side, edge for edge, remould it in, repaint it (metalic I guess) then wire all the eletroncis (for lights etc) and also making sure that the interior matches... seriously, sell it to the wreckers and get around half your car back, then put in the other half and get a new ride... fark, I know it hurts... I am feeling your pain now... but shyte happens... my car got canaried tonight.... man, I said to my wife - fark, shyte happens at least we're alive... look at it this way champ... chins up...

Good luck, our hearts with ya...

Thanks for the heads up :)

I appreciate it, mate.. I really do.

Kinda sucks to hear that figure, but I have to accept what happened and move on.

Depending on what needs to be done, I might be able to get a new rear half of the body from one of the guys on here, for a fairly reasonable price. But I want to take it to a repairer and get it checked out first.

I just hope the cops can catch the bastard that did this. If they do, then I won't be paying a cent for the repairs/replacement. Don't know how much luck I'm going to have there though :stupid:

Edited by Veeedka

Thanks for the heads up :)

I appreciate it, mate.. I really do.

Kinda sucks to hear that figure, but I have to accept what happened and move on.

Depending on what needs to be done, I might be able to get a new rear half of the body from one of the guys on here, for a fairly reasonable price. But I want to take it to a repairer and get it checked out first.

I just hope the cops can catch the bastard that did this. If they do, then I won't be paying a cent for the repairs/replacement. Don't know how much luck I'm going to have there though :stupid:

No probs mate... we're here for ya..

Look at it this way... if you sped or something and ended up as a Easter holiday statistic on National Nine News... I'd guarantee you would be happy to work for free for the next 10 years or something... I'm Asian, as you know we believe in karma... you've had this done to you so that you can avoid other mishaps... it's only money bro... money can be made, re-made and then re-made again... happiness, life itself and other things important to you cannot be replaced... and as for those that did this, don't worry, they will get what comes there way... life is a cycle of events and events-had-be... chin up bro... I think you should get some really good quotes - get atleast 2-3 quotes from wreckers, sell your car and then save up for another Skyline if you really enjoy them... the next time, be more careful, park your ride inside your yard... etc... no one is perfect... it's life, not meant to be all bubly and rosey...

Good luck bro, hour hearts are with ya..

No probs mate... we're here for ya..

Look at it this way... if you sped or something and ended up as a Easter holiday statistic on National Nine News... I'd guarantee you would be happy to work for free for the next 10 years or something... I'm Asian, as you know we believe in karma... you've had this done to you so that you can avoid other mishaps... it's only money bro... money can be made, re-made and then re-made again... happiness, life itself and other things important to you cannot be replaced... and as for those that did this, don't worry, they will get what comes there way... life is a cycle of events and events-had-be... chin up bro... I think you should get some really good quotes - get atleast 2-3 quotes from wreckers, sell your car and then save up for another Skyline if you really enjoy them... the next time, be more careful, park your ride inside your yard... etc... no one is perfect... it's life, not meant to be all bubly and rosey...

Good luck bro, hour hearts are with ya..

Heh, funniest part about this to me is the fact that I've been meaning to sell it for a couple of months now.

I can only really take this as a really obvious sign to follow through with that plan... Whether it be get it repaired and sell it off that way, or sell to a wreckers.

And you're definitely right - It's just money. The poor car was getting wasted sitting at home, it would only get driven occassionally on weekends, so it wasn't really worth keeping it around - better to give it a better home.

Shame about that now :stupid:

And yeah, I'm a strong believer in karma as well, so I feel no real need to get back at the guy - Only to get money out of him and leave the rest alone if that's even possible.

Appreciate everything you've said, mate.

It really helps. More than you might think :)